Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Thibodeau promotes Adrian Griffin to lead assistant

Chicago Bulls head coach Tom Thibodeau has promoted assistant coach Adrian Griffin to lead assistant, according to The Inquisitr.

The decision comes about two months after the Bulls declined to renew the contract of former lead assistant coach Ron Adams. It was a somewhat surprising move made by general manager Gar Forman, given Adamsí credentials and reputation around the NBA. The decision prompted reports that there was a rift between Forman and Thibodeau, which the general manager later downplayed.

Griffin also interviewed for the head coaching position this offseason with the Detroit Pistons, Philadelphia 76ers, and Portland Trail Blazers. The former Bulls player, who had two separate stints with the team from 2004-2005 and 2006-2008, was expected to be promoted once the position opened up.
    http://www.csnchicago.com/bulls/thib...lead-assistant

vCash
    It bothers me that I'll never know the reason Adams wasn't brought back but I'm pretty confident it wasn't in the best interest of the product on the floor. It seems to me egos got involved and clashed and when that happens and you react in a way that opposes your philosophy of doing whatevers best for the team, it can only hurt you. I really have no idea how Griff is as a head coach but I'm hoping he can do a good job.

vCash
    Ron Adams is in a good place with Boston. Bringing the so-called "ego thing" makes me wonder why Adams didn't got interviewed with so many teams needing a head coach. Griffin on the other hand got interviewed by three teams this summer.

vCash
    ^This

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zedrix View Post
    Ron Adams is in a good place with Boston. Bringing the so-called "ego thing" makes me wonder why Adams didn't got interviewed with so many teams needing a head coach. Griffin on the other hand got interviewed by three teams this summer.
    Didn't think about it that way. But, maybe Adams doesn't want a head coaching position. Ya never know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    Didn't think about it that way. But, maybe Adams doesn't want a head coaching position. Ya never know.
    Who wouldn't want more money?

vCash
    Some people are comfortable in positions they've held for decades and prefer it to remain that way

vCash
    Mo' money, mo' problems, I guess.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    Probably. Maybe Adams put down a lot of offers that didn't leaked out.

Anyway, teams needing a coach are either rebuilding or have prima donna kicking their former coach. I also don't think Thibs will leave Boston if his not coaching D.Rose or CP3(NO did put up an offer).