Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Infante

vCash

Infante

Think the Tigers will let him walk this offseason or give him a 2/3 year deal? Last time the Tigers let go of a middle infielder for a can't miss prospect (Polanco for Sizemroe), that worked out fantastically right? Lets home DD doesnt make the same mistake

vCash
    He'll be back. He's the perfect guy to have for 2-3 years to man the position to give the young guys down in the minors to get ready. Plus his pop in the bat is very useful to have at the bottom of the lineup.

Catches: Yards: TDs:

vCash
    Yeah i can't see us letting Infante go, unless we get Cano instead

vCash
    We would be stupid to let him go. He's been so good this year and he was good last night year when we got him.

He's an average to above average defender and he's definitely an above average hitter.

vCash
    We will tender him a contract and if he leaves we get a draft pick. I'd only give him a 1-2 year extension because he's been breaking down and getting older. We do have a couple intruiging guys in the minors also.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

vCash
    Rod Allen Soundboard

Me and MTM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    We will tender him a contract and if he leaves we get a draft pick. I'd only give him a 1-2 year extension because he's been breaking down and getting older. We do have a couple intruiging guys in the minors also.
    I agree. As I have mentioned before, I think that to resign Infante or not resign Infante is about the most interesting question DD has going into next season. At least for me it is anyway. I don't think that there is a wrong answer. I do think that DD remembers letting Polly walk and how that did not go so well, so my money would be on him resigning Omar. But quite honestly I think Ahoda is correct in that 1-2 years is max deal for the Tigers considering our depth at 2B in the farm is deeper than any other position in the system.

The trump card is that if we win the WS I don't think we bring him back...someone else will out bid us.
    "It's like deja-vu, all over again." -Yogi Berra

vCash
    Definitely keep him for a couple years. Perez is not ready to produce offensively at the big league level. Omar has a nice glove and has shown he can be productive behind the plate. And that double play tandem is starting to look quite good!

"Lions, Tigers and Pistons, OH MY!" (and Hoosiers...and Redwings....)

vCash
    http://motorcitybengals.com/2013/09/...lifying-offer/

In my mind, you give qualifying offers to Infante, Peralta, and Benoit and you don't think twice about it.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

Me and MTM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    http://motorcitybengals.com/2013/09/...lifying-offer/

In my mind, you give qualifying offers to Infante, Peralta, and Benoit and you don't think twice about it.
    You would risk Peralta taking it?
    #teamboom4life

MLB: Tigers
    NFL: Lions
    NHL: Red Wings
    CFB(Div I): Michigan
    CFB(Div II): Hillsdale

vCash
    Depends on the money, if he wants 3 years $18 million which I believe is the deal Polanco got from the Phillies when he left, then I say bring him back, if he wants more money and/or more years then let him go. His defense is below average in my opinion but his versatility in the field makes up for it, though I'm not sure he'll be used in that way anymore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zander 77 View Post
    That's what I was thinking, we would obviously have to trade him if that happened.

vCash
    I not only would take the risk, but I hope he would sign it. It's a 1 year prove to me you can play this game deal. He will be a FA so you know how players do in contract years, and he won't be garuanteed a starting job either. It would also greatly improve our bench if Infante and Peralta both come back, and if Omar leaves then Jose can play 2B and Peralta can stay at SS.

Our team is built as is through 2014 so 1 year deal won't really affect us at all.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

Me and MTM

vCash
    I not only would take the risk, but I hope he would sign it. It's a 1 year prove to me you can play this game deal. He will be a FA so you know how players do in contract years, and he won't be garuanteed a starting job either. It would also greatly improve our bench if Infante and Peralta both come back, and if Omar leaves then Jose can play 2B and Peralta can stay at SS.

Our team is built as is through 2014 so 1 year deal won't really affect us at all.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

Me and MTM

vCash
    Ahoda, I understand where you are coming from for sure. That said, there is no freaking way that Peralta would start at SS and Iglesias would move to 2B. More balls are hit to SS and you leave the better defender there and at the very least tell Peralta to move to 2B as his range and hands are akin to those of Polanco.

I don't think that you need to extend a qualifying offer to Peralta and that the Tigers would prefer to overpay on Infante at 2B than be stuck with Peralta. Just my opinion.
    "It's like deja-vu, all over again." -Yogi Berra

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast