Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Jets sign QB Brady Quinn Release Graham Harrell

Just got the update on my phone. Thoughts?
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...raham-harrell/

vCash

Jets sign QB Brady Quinn Release Graham Harrell

My panties are already wet

vCash
    We knew Harrell wasn't going to be around very long. We KNOW who/what Brady Quinn is. He could be the "steady veteran" @ the 3rd QB spot to help Geno (Sanchez will help, he's a team-player, but you know he thinks he should be starting). The problem with that is Simms goes to the practice squad, which is where he REALLY belongs because he doesn't have a clue as to run a big-time NFL offense. He's got a good arm, and there's always the slight chance that he could be the "lightening in the bottle," but he/we are probably better served giving him a chance to see if he can become a real NFL QB. What Simms did against the Eagles was nice - but that doesn't translate into playing a real NFL defense.

ALSO - why is Geno being crucified for running out of his safety, and Simms is getting a pass for it? I know why (I think), do you all? PS - It has nothing to do with skin color, or lineage.

GO JETS!!!

vCash
    I liked Quinn for the longest. I had him as my backup in Madden lol.

Sure, Quinn hasn't quite panned out for some teams, but he's been in the league for awhile, is serviceable and has a good work ethic. Not a bad signing to bolster our QBs a little. Good signing in my opinion.

vCash
    It pushes Simms to the PS - which is probably where he belongs, but Quinn is nothing but a "hand-holding mentor" to Geno. Maybe that's a good thing, but I think this is a "roll the dice season," and the only way Simms get exposed to the real deal is if he's dressed, with the chance that he can go in. I KNOW - I'm totally against "Simm's for (president) starting QB," but what does Quinn offer - oh yeah - see above.

My guess is that as soon as Sanchez is healthy - if Geno is doing OK (or even if he isn't) - Sanchez (or Geno if he's totally over his head and losing) will become the #2 and we'll let Quinn go, and bring up Simms. We already know what Quinn is. This should be a season to totally look for "upside potential," even if we're in the thick of things (KOW - yes)!

Anyway - I'm glad you like Quinn. He's certainly a better choice than Garrard was - I think Garrard was a Mark Brunell clone - because there should've been NO WAY that anyone expected that he could actually play - just like Brunell.

GO JETS!!!

vCash
    Lol.......Garrard. That was a waste of time. At least we don't have Senior Citizens at QB now.

I was reading the comments by posters in the main article that they believe that the Quinn signing is a move to possibly dump Sanchez and not pay dead money...even though we still gotta pay him if he's on the team or not..

Regardless, I'm just hyped to get this train started. May the best man win the job and take us far....one game at a time..

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfansince'67 View Post
    We knew Harrell wasn't going to be around very long. We KNOW who/what Brady Quinn is. He could be the "steady veteran" @ the 3rd QB spot to help Geno (Sanchez will help, he's a team-player, but you know he thinks he should be starting). The problem with that is Simms goes to the practice squad, which is where he REALLY belongs because he doesn't have a clue as to run a big-time NFL offense. He's got a good arm, and there's always the slight chance that he could be the "lightening in the bottle," but he/we are probably better served giving him a chance to see if he can become a real NFL QB. What Simms did against the Eagles was nice - but that doesn't translate into playing a real NFL defense.

ALSO - why is Geno being crucified for running out of his safety, and Simms is getting a pass for it? I know why (I think), do you all? PS - It has nothing to do with skin color, or lineage.

GO JETS!!!
    I think they were both mental mistakes. I think Simms is more forgivable because the pass rush got to him very fast and he did't get rid of the ball quickly. Bad play for sure but at least he was sacked.
    Geno just ran out of the end zone. I personally think that is way worse a mental error. He just didn't know where he was on the field.

SemperJet77 is totally right, Quinn is much better than Garrard. He can play. Great signing as a 3rd stringer.

What I am curious about now, is if Geno does well, who gets cut? It might be Sanchez that goes. That would quiet all controversy.
    Keep Geno, Quinn, Simms? It wouldn't shock me.

Welcome back dinner for Leo. We are waiting patiently. Hurry the F up! These babies don't taste as good cold.

vCash
    I just read a similar thing on NFL.com by Chris Wesseling, who wrote this:

"Gregg Rosenthal suggests the transaction could be a harbinger of Sanchez's eventual release. If the coaching staff now is fully invested in the Smith era, the presence of the "buttfumble" artist will prove to be nothing more than a distraction. Why not just eat his salary and move on?"

I never really considered this because: 1) that's a huge amount of money to throw away - if we cut Sanchez - not only do we owe him the $8.25 million even if another team signs him and pays him whatever - it doesn't get subtracted from what we owe him unless we trade him - which is really unlikely so.... use him, or throw it away; 2) we cut Sanchez, and our cap hit goes UP - I guess we'll have enough space this year and next, but it hurts that much more; 3) I'm still not 100% convinced that Sanchez still isn't the best QB on the roster - 95% convinced that he isn't - but not 100%.

If Sanchez was hurt badly, OR we had no wish of keeping him - we could've put him on IR, right? Still have to pay him the money, but it gets him off the roster, and may not have as bad cap consequences (I don't know this for a fact).

It still drives me friggin' crazy to refer to Sanchez as "The buttfumble artist." F-them! I wish some of us would finally let that go. It was the picture of an offense in disarray, not JUST Sanchez. Bad snap, huge defensive push, and despite what Brandon Moore wants to claim (and I love Brandon Moore) - Vince Wilfork manhandled him, and Sanchez went to slide, but the speed with which Moore came toward him was way more than he thought. I have looked at that play (gluten for punishment) dozens of times, and Sanchez was doing the right thing - sliding - he just happened to have too much forward momentum, and Moore had too much backward momentum. The thing that IS total Sanchez is that he fumbled the ball, and it was picked up and run in for a TD. ANYWAY - I have no qualms with Idzik getting rid of Sanchez. It would surprise me, but I guess Quinn can't do much worse than Sanchez has in the last year and 3 games.

Not that I care, but how would the media take it? Would they applaud finally getting rid of Sanchez, or jump all over the wasted money, and Cap hit? As far as I'm concerned - it's damned if you do, and damned if you don't - but he's a goner after this year, so - why not? At least if we do cut him, we don't have to risk Simms getting snatched up (AGAIN - not a candidate to be a starter anytime soon - but I'm pretty sure there might be a team, or two that might be willing to snag him off our PS, just to keep him on their active roster for 3 games, and then put him on their PS).

It's all up to Geno, and I hope he's the man (KOW). No matter what - he's going to make rookie mistakes, and lose games - he's not Andrew Luck, and we don't have anywhere near the talent that Wilson did with the Seahawks, and RGIII did with the Redskins. Those two are good - but Luck did it with a 2-14 team - HE is unbelievable. Wilson and Kaepernick, and RGIII are great as well, but if I had a chance - I would take LUCK over ANYONE, and then maybe Wilson, but all that is MUTE. Teddy Bridgewater sure looked good Saturday, but I hope Geno is a revelation (KOW - a good one).

GO JETS!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I think they were both mental mistakes. I think Simms is more forgivable because the pass rush got to him very fast and he did't get rid of the ball quickly. Bad play for sure but at least he was sacked.
    Geno just ran out of the end zone. I personally think that is way worse a mental error. He just didn't know where he was on the field.

SemperJet77 is totally right, Quinn is much better than Garrard. He can play. Great signing as a 3rd stringer.

What I am curious about now, is if Geno does well, who gets cut? It might be Sanchez that goes. That would quiet all controversy.
    Keep Geno, Quinn, Simms? It wouldn't shock me.
    I know Quinn is better than Garrad. My point was - Garrard was the equivalent of Mark Brunell (even worse because he could barely walk), and posed no serious threat to the "battle between Geno and Sanchez." The day we signed Garrard - I posted that, "This guy (Garrard) would NEVER MAKE IT THROUGH TRAINING CAMP!" As it turned out - he never made it TO training camp.

If Geno plays well - and looks like he's the real deal - then this year is a good one no matter what are record is. If REX can coax this team to the POs, and Geno sucks - this year is ultimately a loss (Unless we win the SB - not likely but anything can happen - KOW), because we're still looking for our Franchise QB, and I know there are lots of people that loved Quinn in college, and would love to see him "become the man," but I think Sanchez has a better chance resurrecting his career somewhere else, than Quinn does doing it with us - that's just me.

It is going to be very interesting, and it starts < 1 week.

GO JETS!!!

vCash
    They signed the wrong Brady.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Quinn is a better teacher than Brunell and at least will be a more serviceable backup

PSD"S JETS FORUM SURVIVOR LEAGUE CHAMPION 2013

vCash
    I really like this signing, he's 28 and he can be a quality back up quarterback.

vCash
    Garrard career record = 89 - 54
    Brady Quinn career record = 12 - 17

If David had been healthy enough to play he is a LOT of a better player (and yes, thats a big if)
    _

Adopt a Jet

Bilal Powell - 2013 season
    155 carries, 621 yards, 1TD
    35 receptions, 276 yards, 0 TDs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LwNyjets88 View Post
    Quinn is a better teacher than Brunell and at least will be a more serviceable backup
    How do you figure?

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LwNyjets88 View Post
    Better teacher? Going to have to agree to disagree. MB had a lot of experience. Quinn is kind of a bust.

I would honestly rather have signed Young and try to build him back up (I know we couldn't because of the media, but I am one that thinks **** the media anyways.) then Quinn. Cause heaven forbid Geno goes down and Quinn has one of his almost good games the media and fans won't stop asking for him to be the starter for the next 5 years or so.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast