Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: #5 Safety in the NFL?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Thomas DeCoud

0 0%
  • William Moore

0 0%
  • Reggie Nelson

0 0%
  • Eric Berry

1 12.50%
  • Ed Reed

0 0%
  • Troy Polamalu

4 50.00%
  • Harrison Smith

0 0%
  • Dashon Goldson

1 12.50%
  • Quintin Mikell

0 0%
  • Kam Chancellor

1 12.50%
  • T.J. Ward

0 0%
  • Ryan Clark

0 0%
  • Devin McCourty

1 12.50%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

PSD player rankings by position (Volume II)- #5 Safety in the NFL

Hello, all. A few years ago, I did something like this in the NFL Forum but forgot to do it this past year. And for those who wander into the NBA Forum, I'm sure you're aware that MHC does these polls every year. But basically, I'm going to go through each position and PSD is going to vote on the best players for that position. The polls will move fast since the regular season is coming up. And in all likelihood, we won't get through each position.

Please TRY AND VOTE FOR THE BEST PLAYER AND DON'T BE A HOMER. I will leave the poll open for one day and than we can carry on to the next best player at that position. I will add more players after each round.

REMEMBER this is based on who is the best player, not the player who has the potential to be the best

For positions like QB, RB, WR, etc., we'll do a top 10. For positions that never garner much attention, we'll do a top 5.

Please vote in the #3 DT/NT, #3 ILB/MLB, and #3 Edge Rusher threads as well:
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-NT-in-the-NFL
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...MLB-in-the-NFL
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...her-in-the-NFL

For those wondering, we did not get to the safety rankings 2 years ago.

PSD's 2013 Safety Rankings
    1. Eric Weddle
    2. Earl Thomas
    3. Jairus Byrd
    4. Reshad Jones
    Last edited by PatsSoxKnicks; 09-01-2013 at 04:14 AM.
    Patriots Forum HOF Class of 2011

vCash
    I wonder how Goldson will perform this year not playing on that 9ers D.

vCash
    He'll be a middling average safety. Which is what he is.
    [QUOTE=det32;28757687]assuming you where going to say something about me being "harsh" or "hatting" on Wilson.. i hate to brake it to you but he is a "borderline starter" at best.. my 20th- 25th QB.. that's not hating that's just being real.. /QUOTE]

vCash
    Why is Head and Shoulders leading this poll? He's a shell of his former self. Went with Chancellor.
    Broncos be like:

vCash
    Devin McCourty is going to be top 5 by season's end. He was one of the best in the NFL after he moved to FS from CB mid-way through last season (made PFF's all pro team). Now he has a full offseason preparing to play the position (as opposed to just being somewhat ready to play there in case of emergency). The Pats also should have a much better pass rush with the projected growth and Chandler Jones and the acquisition of DT Tommy Kelly (he's always been a pretty good player when motivated and has looked awesome for us so far). LB coverage should also be much better with the drafting of Jamie Collins and Dane Fletcher returning from an ACL injury - that makes things easier on the safeties. All those factors have me expecting big things from McCourty. Like an All-Pro season.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    Troy Polamalu is still in this league?

vCash
    T.P. if healthy is still a quality safety, still intelligent, a leader, keeps everyone on the right page.

It's kind of sad how quickly people wrote him off.

I know he was hurt and everything 2012 but he was hardly some huge liability that dropped off the map in 2011. He was still terrific.

It's like he doesn't even exist like Austeezy basically said.
    [QUOTE=det32;28757687]assuming you where going to say something about me being "harsh" or "hatting" on Wilson.. i hate to brake it to you but he is a "borderline starter" at best.. my 20th- 25th QB.. that's not hating that's just being real.. /QUOTE]

vCash
    I still don't get how Earl Thomas was ranked 2nd. lol.

Brandin Cooks
    Future Baltimore Raven

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    T.P. if healthy is still a quality safety, still intelligent, a leader, keeps everyone on the right page.

It's kind of sad how quickly people wrote him off.

I know he was hurt and everything 2012 but he was hardly some huge liability that dropped off the map in 2011. He was still terrific.

It's like he doesn't even exist like Austeezy basically said.
    Remember when he used to own the league? The past few seasons it feels like he's more known for those commercials than those big plays

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Austeezy View Post
    Remember when he used to own the league? The past few seasons it feels like he's more known for those commercials than those big plays
    He was more than a fine player 2 of the last 3 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PocketKings View Post
    I still don't get how Earl Thomas was ranked 2nd. lol.
    I know, it's pretty sad he wasn't #1.

vCash
    This is a position that is very hard to judge...... A db that plays behind a pass rush is going to look better than one who does not. If I were building a team I would take Berry.
    Eat Lobster

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    I know, it's pretty sad he wasn't #1.
    Lololol

Brandin Cooks
    Future Baltimore Raven

vCash
    I think Thomas is the second best SAF. I don't get why it's so ridiculous.

WTH happened to Berry anyways. I get the Chiefs here a lot but I never watch it because it's always like a baseball score. lol

vCash
    Thomas is a top 4-5 safety in my opinion.

I'd take Byrd easily over him though.
    Although, I haven't watched MUCH of Jones (thanks for giving me some info on him) I'm pretty certain if he continues I'd also take Jones over him pretty easily as well but not quite.

I think Byrd is underrated if he isn't being argued as the best although I do prefer Weddle.
    But both are 1a/1b for me then Jones.

Brandin Cooks
    Future Baltimore Raven

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast