Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    18,813
    vCash
    1500

    Red Sox acquire John McDonald

    Pete Abraham @PeteAbe
    #RedSox have obtained INF John McDonald and cash from the Phillies for a minor league RHP.
    Scott Lauber @ScottLauber
    #RedSox acquire infielder (and Providence College alum) John McDonald and cash from Phillies for minor leaguer Neifi Ogando
    ...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,700
    vCash
    1500
    .098/.179/.164 in 68 plate appearances oh joy! LOL

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,086
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan85 View Post
    .098/.179/.164 in 68 plate appearances oh joy! LOL
    I don't think he is going to bat at all.

    We finally got someone to set up Koji, he is now out 2nd best RP.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    7,742
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Lackeyfan41 View Post
    I don't think he is going to bat at all.

    We finally got someone to set up Koji, he is now out 2nd best RP.
    wait is this a joke? He's an utility man not a RP?
    NHL PLAYOFFS 2014



    Because its The Cup.......Go get it again boys

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    4,600
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lackeyfan41 View Post
    I don't think he is going to bat at all.

    We finally got someone to set up Koji, he is now out 2nd best RP.
    wait is this a joke? He's an utility man not a RP?
    Yes/no. He pitched a few days ago for phi in that marathon game. Also way better defender then anyone we have on the bench

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Boston/Florida
    Posts
    9,284
    vCash
    1500
    Ah yes good ole John McDonald A "Defensive Specialist" Vet Infielder which this team kinda needs. Sure he isn't a pitcher or a bench bat but it's a Decent move.
    Proud to be PSD's Chris Kelly!
    The Chris Kelly Watch: 3 G /0 A/ 3 Pts / 2 +/-


    He went to the top self where Momma keeps the Peanut Butter & Where i hid the Porno's

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wethersfield/Storrs, CT
    Posts
    8,548
    vCash
    1500
    They probably want him as a defensive replacement in the playoffs' expanded rosters.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,115
    vCash
    1500
    He's much better defensively than offensively so he could be a good pickup late in games.
    Favourite Teams:

    Boston Red Sox: 5-8, games this week vs. Chicago White Sox (3), Baltimore (3)
    Indianapolis Colts: 11-5, 2013 AFC South Champs, great season guys.
    Looking for new NBA team to cheer for
    Ottawa Senators: 37-31-14, season over, good effort guys.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    61,629
    vCash
    500
    He was a Pirate earlier this year and I don't think it was possible to be any worse at baseball than he was.

    His defense isn't even that spectacular at his age any more. Even purely a defensive replacement I don't see why they even bothered. Does Pedroia really need a defensive replacement?
    [IMG]hi[/IMG]

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Posts
    14,246
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    He was a Pirate earlier this year and I don't think it was possible to be any worse at baseball than he was.

    His defense isn't even that spectacular at his age any more. Even purely a defensive replacement I don't see why they even bothered. Does Pedroia really need a defensive replacement?
    In the playoffs it'd be good to have an emergency backup in the event of an injury (or to prevent an injury in a blowout). Somehow WMB at 2B doesn't seem like a great bet.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •