Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Giants Announce 53 Man Roster

Some things can still change of course, but here we go:

QB (3): Eli Manning, Curtis Painter, Ryan Nassib
    RB: (4): David Wilson, Andre Brown, Da’Rel Scott, Michael Cox FB (1): Henry Hynoski
    WR (5): Hakeem Nicks, Victor Cruz, Rueben Randle, Louis Murphy, Jerrel Jernigan
    TE (4): Brandon Myers, Bear Pascoe, Adrien Robinson, Larry Donnell
    OL: (9): David Diehl, Chris Snee, Will Beatty, Kevin Boothe, David Baas, Justin Pugh, Jim Cordle, Brandon Mosley, James Brewer
    DE (5): Justin Tuck, Jason Pierre-Paul, Mathias Kiwanuka, Damontre Moore, Justin Trattou
    DT (5): Linval Joseph, Cullen Jenkins, Shaun Rogers, Johnathan Hankins, Mike Patterson
    LB (5): Dan Connor, Keith Rivers, Spencer Paysinger, Mark Herzlich, Jacquian Williams
    CB (6): Corey Webster, Prince Amukamara, Aaron Ross, Terrell Thomas, Jayron Hosley, Trumaine McBride
    S (3): Antrel Rolle, Ryan Mundy, Cooper Taylor
    K: Josh Brown P: Steve Weatherford LS: Zak DeOssie.
    http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...an_roster.html

vCash
    Painter, Scott, and Jernigan should not be on this team.

HBs are ugly. Kinda disappointed we haven't picked anyone up.

DEs look real good, glad we kept Trattou around, I thought he earned it.

LBs are weak but not a surprise. Glad we're only keeping 5 since LBs are playing less and less snaps these days.

With that said, our safeties only 3 players and weak LBs. Hope no one else gets hurt, we cant afford it.

I never liked sash and am not upset he got cut, but damn we need Hill back. Maybe Thomas reps with the safeties some but I thought he looked good vs the pats. That touchdown he was interfered with but you couldnt se it on the TV angles.

IDK this Roster has some nice strengths and glaring weaknesses. Hopefully the underdogs and young guys step up.

I love our offensive skill positions and our defensive line though thats for sure. Our DT depth is awesome
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Painter, Scott, and Jernigan should not be on this team.

HBs are ugly. Kinda disappointed we haven't picked anyone up.

DEs look real good, glad we kept Trattou around, I thought he earned it.

LBs are weak but not a surprise. Glad we're only keeping 5 since LBs are playing less and less snaps these days.

With that said, our safeties only 3 players and weak LBs. Hope no one else gets hurt, we cant afford it.

I never liked sash and am not upset he got cut, but damn we need Hill back. Maybe Thomas reps with the safeties some but I thought he looked good vs the pats. That touchdown he was interfered with but you couldnt se it on the TV angles.

IDK this Roster has some nice strengths and glaring weaknesses. Hopefully the underdogs and young guys step up.

I love our offensive skill positions and our defensive line though thats for sure. Our DT depth is awesome
    I think they were waiting on other teams cuts and now to add Andre Brown to temp IR on Tuesday. After that I'd expect them to add a safety and maybe an RB.

At this point I'm more concerned with the D scheme than the people playing it.

vCash
    10 Defensive lineman and only 3 safeties? Our special teams are going to be gigantic!

vCash
    Wow we're beyond thin in the secondary. One corner or safety goes down were screwed.

vCash
    I really see no need for painter. I mean honestly who here thinks if Eli actually went down he could carry this team to either the playoffs or superbowl. I mean I get its a safety net thing but

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    I really see no need for painter. I mean honestly who here thinks if Eli actually went down he could carry this team to either the playoffs or superbowl. I mean I get its a safety net thing but
    TC said Painter outperformed Carr in preseason but I don't think it was just that. They saw how much they were paying Carr over the years to be a backup that never plays, so how bad he was in preseason and realized for less money they could have Nassib AND Painter.

If Eli ever goes down and this team still wants to win, they're gonna HAVE TO make a trade when it happens and get a vet QB for this system. Until then, there's no point in spending the money on a backup.

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    vCash
    The roster makes sense...congrats to McBride for making the team...I liked him in the preseason.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

vCash
    I like our RBs .. Cox showed some promise and talent .. D Scott is because brown went down I'm hoping , obviously Wilson's staying .

Our biggest "shocks" seem to be Carr and Austin and most of us saw those as possibilities though ill admit I thought Carr stayed unless we wanted 2 qbs and nassib was the other ...not painter wtf lol. And Rodgers beat out Austin and Austin kind of let it happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Missing56&33 View Post
    The roster makes sense...congrats to McBride for making the team...I liked him in the preseason.
    And you're not the only one .. We need depth at all db positions .. TT and Ross can't be counted on yet sadly and Websters falling apart.. Prince have a healthy season yet?