Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

You are Mark Jackson, who do you make the 6th man: Thompson, Barnes, or even Iggy?

Usually you want your 6th man to have a skill set like Thompson, come in the game and hit 3's to spark the team and crowd

You can sit Barnes and limit his potential because you rather have Iggy as the SF

Or you can make Iggy a super sub like Manu has done for the spurs for years! He can play the 2, 3, and 4. So having him as an elite 6th man would be not as crazy as people think. It also wont limit Thompson and Barnes

@TheLandonThomas 4,000 followers
    @MavsFansForLife 5,000 followers
    "Do the LT" coming to a thread near you.

vCash
    I am bringing Thompson off the bench

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Iggy definitely starts so it comes down to Thompson or Barnes for me. I think I'd lean towards Barnes off the bench given that Thompson is the better defender.

vCash
    Barnes. He's had the least amount of time in the league, and a la Harden, he will learn how to be a leader of men from the bench since he'll be the best bench player on the floor during most nights.

Barnes will be top 5 for 6th man candidate

she says go for the championship

vCash
    Thompson seriously is more than just a shooter.

she says go for the championship

vCash
    Barnes. I'm starting to have 2nd thoughts about the Warriors now though. Not sure they'll be as good as everyone thinks.

vCash
    I say Barnes because the chemistry between Steph and Klay is pretty good already. They space the floor so well that it leaves Lee with room to operate.

It's just too dynamic not have steph and Klay on the court at the same time.

All that being said, Barnes is going to get a **** load of minutes just like Harden. Plus I think Barnes is a bit more versatile than Klay so you can put him at the 2 or 3.

vCash
    Barnes. I don't think they need to get too clever or over think things here. Iggy obviously starts...there's no reason to have him play a 6th man role. That defense needs to be out there from the get go.

Barnes still has some work to do to prove to me that he's a really good player. He showed some flashes in the playoffs but in the regular season he wasn't too special.

vCash
    Y'all slipping on Barnes. He can be just like Deng

Klay needs to be the 6th man so he can be instant offense

@TheLandonThomas 4,000 followers
    @MavsFansForLife 5,000 followers
    "Do the LT" coming to a thread near you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadds The Gr8 View Post
    Barnes. I'm starting to have 2nd thoughts about the Warriors now though. Not sure they'll be as good as everyone thinks.
    Care to elaborate?

My choice is Barnes. Three things I want to say;

1. He's not going to have his growth stunted, plenty of guys started their career coming off the bench and it didn't do them any harm in their development. Paul George never played more than 30 mpg until last year, 26 mpg was enough for Kobe to develop, 28 mpg was enough for Manu, plus there was James Harden, Joe Johnson, Rajon Rondo and Chauncey Billups to name but a few. Coming off the bench as a sixth man doesn't mean you can't develop your game or that it will slow you down any.

2. Having Klay and Curry on the court at the same time will spread the floor better and give us a constant outside threat, having Iggy playing at the same time gives us something we haven't really had, a dynamic slasher. Iggy doesn't get a lot of points, but even having him slashing will help draw guys inside and open up our perimeter shooting, I can't wait to see him kicking it out to Curry and Klay.

3. Barnes is going to be a great two-way player and is more sixth man material imho. He has the benefit of being a super-sub. Playing either wing position and even some 4 if we need to go small like we did against Denver in the post season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose17 View Post
    Care to elaborate?
    I don't know if they'll score as well. Losing Jack and Landry was huge and by starting Iggy they lose the thing that made them unique, which is the godly amount of 3pters they take and make. I'm not saying they're gonna be garbage or anything, I just don't think they're THAT good. I still think they're a playoff team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadds The Gr8 View Post
    I'm not. They look really good.

vCash

You are Mark Jackson, who do you make the 6th man: Thompson, Barnes, or even Iggy?

I'd bring Barnes off the bench. I do think in a short amount of time, Barnes will be the better overall player. Barnes play style is better for the second unit, as he can score in a multitude of ways

vCash
    Barnes.

vCash
    Barnes but Iggy IMO can play 1-3 so he would be good if he was the youngest.

The End is Coming.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast