Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Menelik Watson named Raiders opening day starter at left tackle

Raiders head coach Dennis Allen said Friday via conference call that Menelik Watson will be the Raiders' opening day starter at left tackle.

In just a week's time, Raiders rookie tackle, Menelik Watson went from never playing a single snap at left tackle in his life to being named the Raiders' starting left tackle for their season opener in Indianapolis.
    http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2...at-left-tackle

vCash
    Great news but that still leaves the right side vulnerable with lesser talent. I was very impressed with Watson and glad we drafted this kid, good choice by RM with this pick.

vCash
    For the next 8+ years we have our bookends.

Veldheer and Watson. OT is solved. Veldheer will be signed he will be the number 1 priority in the offseason

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider_Vet View Post
    Great news but that still leaves the right side vulnerable with lesser talent. I was very impressed with Watson and glad we drafted this kid, good choice by RM with this pick.
    If only Veldeer didnt get hurt both tackle spots would be covered.

Atleast we will see Veldeer get resigned and by the end of this year and next year we will see both men playing and covering both tackle positions.

Watson did impress me yesterday. For his first time playing left tackle he played well. Allowed no sacks. There were a couple of QB pressures allowed from him but overall he played great for his first game.
    Raiders Keith McGill

PSD Mock Draft Raiders GM
    1st Anothony Barr OLB UCLA
    2nd Dominique Easley DT University of Florida
    3rd Antonio Richardson, OT, Tennessee
    4th Bashaud Breeland, CB, Clemson
    4th Jordan Zumwalt ILB/OLB UCLA
    5th Justin Ellis, DT, Louisiana Tech
    5th Richard Rodgers, TE, California
    5th Vinnie Sunseri, S, Alabama
    6th Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska
    7th Terrance Mitchell, CB, Oregon
    7th Keith Wenning, QB, Ball State

vCash
    ACC and the Big East can ball. Once GMs realize plays from these conferences pan out far better than the SEC this team will be in the right direction. SEC is dominated in college but not the NFL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss:26974408
    Grfeat news but that still leaves the right side vulnerable with lesser talent. I was very impressed with Watson and glad we drafted this kid, good choice by RM with this pick.
    If only Veldeer didnt get hurt both tackle spots would be covered.

?
    Atleast we will see Veldeer get resigned and by the end of this year and next year we will see both men playing and covering both tackle positions.

Watson did impress me yesterday. For his first time playing left tackle he played well. Allowed no sacks. There were a couple of QB pressures allowed from him but overall he played great for his first game.
    The things I noticed most about him was how quick he was off the snap and his arm extension. I got to tell you he looked like a top 10 pick. Yes I am saying this... Great pick by RM and I could be wrong about his eye for talent.

vCash
    What happened to big veldheer???

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderizer View Post
    What happened to big veldheer???
    He hulked out and tore his tricep.

vCash
    The things I noticed most about him was how quick he was off the snap and his arm extension. I got to tell you he looked like a top 10 pick. Yes I am saying this... Great pick by RM and I could be wrong about his eye for talent.

He was said to have been athletic enough to play LT in the NFL. With his smooth footwork, his thrust into his defender(one FSU DL stated he was sore the next day after being hit by Watson in practice), and also Tony Sparano coaching him(Tony's signing is bigger than we knew). He could end up being one of the best picks in the 2013 NFL draft, when all is said and done.
    The Leonard Williams crew. Who's with me???

N. Cog Neato, krsonekth

vCash
    back after my three day mandatory vacation!! but this is good news. just hope he doesn't get injured.

vCash
    He's very athletic. This year the tackle class was deep. If it was any other year, he would have been a 1st round pick.

vCash
    I had high hopes for Watson when drafted but thought it would take a 1/2 a season for him to adjust to the speed and size of the players in the NFL. Again nothing but praise coming from me.

vCash
    Well, he is sill pretty unknown. He needs to play the whole game, and see how he holds up condition wise.
    The Leonard Williams crew. Who's with me???

N. Cog Neato, krsonekth

vCash
    Now we have our outside covered we need 2 more lineman inside. Two guards or a guard and center. Im hopefull on Nix but im not sure on him. Was a UDFA. I like Tony but he is going back to power scheme and got hurt. Hopefull both guys can be long term answers and secure this o line.
    Raiders Keith McGill

PSD Mock Draft Raiders GM
    1st Anothony Barr OLB UCLA
    2nd Dominique Easley DT University of Florida
    3rd Antonio Richardson, OT, Tennessee
    4th Bashaud Breeland, CB, Clemson
    4th Jordan Zumwalt ILB/OLB UCLA
    5th Justin Ellis, DT, Louisiana Tech
    5th Richard Rodgers, TE, California
    5th Vinnie Sunseri, S, Alabama
    6th Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska
    7th Terrance Mitchell, CB, Oregon
    7th Keith Wenning, QB, Ball State

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Cog Neato:26976075
    Well, he is sill pretty unknown. He needs to play the whole game, and see how he holds up condition wise.
    100% agreed. It needs to be a regular season game and a full one at that but the kid looks good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast