Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Pitcher options for 2014 Blue Jays

In your opinion, what sort of contract offer would it (a) take to sign the following players, and (b) would you like to sign him?

1. Nolasco
    2. Burnett
    3. Santana
    4. Halladay
    5. Lincecum

vCash
    They all suck

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by darius View Post
    In your opinion, what sort of contract offer would it (a) take to sign the following players, and (b) would you like to sign him?

1. Nolasco -
    2. Burnett -
    3. Santana -
    4. Halladay -
    5. Lincecum-
    1. Nolasco - $15 mil/ maybe 3-4 years -- I think LA will offer him that, he'll accept.
    2. Burnett - no chance he is coming to Toronto.
    3. Santana - 2/3 years - $12 mil + (probably the most affordable option, a #3 or #4). But I don't think they need him if they can get a more effective top of the rotation guy.
    4. Halladay - He's pretty much almost done. A cheap low risk $1 mil deal just to see if he can come back.
    5. Lincecum- Close call. has struggled the past 2 seasons. If he comes cheap never hurts, but considering how he is struggling in SF, he's bound for failure in Toronto. Would pass on him.

vCash
    De La Rosa
    Tanaka
    Last edited by wagnall; 08-30-2013 at 08:14 PM.

vCash
    1. Nolasco - LAD will definitely look to keep him even if it means paying a little extra to fight off other suitors.

2. Burnett - Toronto isn't a fit for him and neither is he a fit for our starting 5. He seems to be doing well in Pittsburgh so I can see him resigning there.

3. Santana - Though and intriguing option, I doubt he lasts in the AL East.

4. Halladay - Close to being done although it seems that he can still go at least 6 innings. I would take a shot at him if he comes cheap.

5. Lincecum - He hasn't been anywhere near his dominant self in the past 3 seasons. I really doubt AA takes a chance on him with his drastically declining numbers.

#WeTheNorth - RAPTORS' 2014 PLAYOFFS!

vCash
    Lol

vCash
    The only somewhat decent pitcher is Burnett and he's not coming back so they are all useless. Tim I'd stay away from. He's never going to be dominant again, just a decent 3-4 who's going to get paid like a 2. Nolasco would get hit hard in the AL East + LA will hang on to him. Ervin Santana sucks, regardless of how he's doing this year. Doc is the only decent option, I'd bring him back cheap to be a mentor/inning eater (check injuries prior to).

vCash
    I'd still take Doc back.

vCash
    Danny Duffy.

vCash
    Jo Jo

vCash
    You just need some guys who can hold the fort for 2-3-4 years until the big guns start coming up like Sanchez, Norris, Osuna, Tirado, Hollon, Smoral, etc. Obviously not all will be effective MLB pitchers but I think for now you should get one or two solid starters who can just give you quality innings. An ace is virtually impossible to obtain.

I say Tanaka for sure. Tanaka, Buehrle, Dickey, Morrow, Hutch/Stroman is a decent 5. Stroman/Hutch waiting in the wings in case anyone gets hurt. Drabek after that. Nolin after that. You got so much talent waiting in the wings. Unless you plan to utilize one of those guys to get another arm in the rotation (and there is nothing wrong with that, if your going for it, you cant rely on a rookie and a fragile arm to harness the back end of your rotation).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Danny Duffy.
    I don't think the Royals give him up, especially if Ervin walks...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanyo View Post
    I don't think the Royals give him up, especially if Ervin walks...
    Maybe not, but it's a name that hasn't been mentioned and I'm getting bored of reading the same names all the time. Especially when they are names that we know what the pitchers are already. For example, Matt Garza and Ervin Santana are good pitchers, but they aren't great and I don't envision either of them putting us over the top. I would rather go with somebody with a high ceiling. I was thinking of a Joey Bats & JPA for Perez & Duffy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Maybe not, but it's a name that hasn't been mentioned and I'm getting bored of reading the same names all the time. Especially when they are names that we know what the pitchers are already. For example, Matt Garza and Ervin Santana are good pitchers, but they aren't great and I don't envision either of them putting us over the top. I would rather go with somebody with a high ceiling. I was thinking of a Joey Bats & JPA for Perez & Duffy.
    If you are trading bautista you dont just get Perez and Duffy. YOu are looking at getting very young player with a good chance of being an impact player in a year or two AND 2/3 top prospects.

EIther that or a like an established pitcher in the top 20 in the league.

If you offered that trade to KC they would say yes in like a heartbeat. Not to be harsh, but if AA made that trade then well I think that would be the last move he makes as the GM of this team or any other team in the league. Its a brutal trade.

vCash
    tanaka is top starting arm this winter, after that is garza, burnett and probably lincecum/santana are the top choices, kuroda either goes back to japan or yanks...talk about a weak weak super weak year for starters...tanaka and garza are only guys to even consider but these guys will be bid at hard and severely overpaid...mind as well offer JJ a cheap contract to see if he at least can return to 3.75-4.50era form and have faith morrow comes back...dickey and buerhle will be horses again for us, and with happ, drabek, rogers, hutch, romero, we got depth at the 5, 6, 7, and 8 starter options

another starter or 2 is def our top goal, but AA gotta be creative here cus FAs literally gives him no options unless we really open our pockets

also literally no 2b out there so rather throw money at C in mccann this year or do we shock the word and offer cano 30mill i would lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast