Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who will win this series?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jays sweep

1 33.33%
  • Jays take 2/3

1 33.33%
  • Royals sweep

0 0%
  • Royals take 2/3

1 33.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Kansas City Royals vs Toronto Blue Jays - August 30 - September 1

Kansas City Royals

Vs

Toronto Blue Jays

Friday August 30, 7:07

Ervin Santana (8-7, 3.21 ERA) vs Mark Buehrle (10-7, 4.08 ERA)

Buehrle has surrendered three earned runs or fewer in all but one of his past eight outings. He owns a 3.16 ERA since May 11 and continues to be the Blue Jays' most reliable starting pitcher. He hasn't lost since July 20 in Tampa Bay.

Santana's only real weakness on Sunday against the Nationals was the long ball. He gave up four runs on 11 hits (three homers) with no walks and seven strikeouts in 6 2/3 innings. It was the fourth time this season he's given up three or more homers.

Saturday August 31, 1:07

Jeremy Guthrie (13-10, 4.19 ERA) vs R.A. Dickey (10-12, 4.39 ERA)

Dickey continues to tinker with how he pitches at Rogers Centre and is relying more on knuckleballs down in the zone instead of his typically out pitch up. He is 1-0 with 2.70 ERA over his last two starts at home.

Guthrie worked out of a bases-loaded jam in the fourth to allow just one run in five innings on Monday against the Rays. He gave up six hits with three walks and five strikeouts. His 13 wins are the most by a Royal since Zack Greinke had 16 in 2009.

Sunday September 1, 1:07

James Shields (9-8, 3.14 ERA) vs J.A. Happ (3-4, 5.46 ERA)

In his last start, Happ struggled against the Yankees for the second time in as many outings. The lefty had allowed just three earned runs in his two previous starts, but he gave up nine combined runs in 10 innings against New York.

Shields got over the .500 mark for the first time this year on Tuesday vs. Minnesota, winning for the fifth time in his last seven starts. He shut out the Twins for seven innings on one hit before giving up three more hits and a run in the eighth.

All info taken from bluejays.com
    Attached Images Attached Images

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

This sums up every sports interview, ever.

vCash
    Lineup...

1. Reyes, SS
    2. Goins, 2B
    3. EE, DH
    4. Lind, DH
    5. Lawrie, 3B
    6. JPA, C
    7. Sierra, RF
    8. Gose, CF
    9. Pillar, LF

Buehrle, P

#WeTheNorth - RAPTORS' 2014 PLAYOFFS!

vCash
    And the Jays are winning...

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

vCash
    It's been mentioned all the time but damn Gose is fast.

vCash
    Burls throws 99 pitches to shutout the royals through 7, gets pulled, bullpen subsequently blows lead.

vCash
    Lawrie is just gross at 3rd. That was a beauty play.

vCash
    EE needs Bautista and Bautista needs EE to make this line up even remotely scary. But bad umps also make us scary!

vCash
    Still liking Goins!

vCash
    Another good start by Buehrle. After his slow start he's been our best pitcher by far. If this is what he can give for the next 2 years then don't care about his salary. Rogers new how much he made when they put up the money and he's really the only 1 that has produced as hoped!

vCash
    Damn nice play by Goins to end it.

vCash
    Goins saves the game.

vCash
    Some great D in the later innings. That Lawrie play was unreal.

vCash
    Okay so lets just make sure we dont have to discuss Lawrie at 2B again? At this rate he is quickly become one of the top defensive 3B in the game, if not the best. His defence is unreal and even if he amounts to a .750 OPS hitting I think his defence is too good for him to move off 3B.

Note: I do not think he will be onlty a .750 OPS hitter. I think he will end up a pretty good above average all-round 3B.

vCash
    Goins is a gritty player! It's not like hes the new kid either, I remember being impressed by him last year too.

He's never gunna be a spectacular player but I wouldnt mind him on our bench.

Overall our bench was terrible this year. I'd really like AA to get some quality bench bats this offseason

vCash
    Props to Bark for pitching like a stud. The guy is our ace right now. Nice to see him step up.

Also, good for Goins for playing so well. A nice grinder of a player, it's nice to see a random guy like him make the most of his shot. Loving the effort from all of the AAA guys.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast