Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Lightbulb NFL Cut Down Thread

There is going to be lots of players being cut the next few days and with the situation of this team a lot of guys being cut could be great depth or even starters for us.

- Post and notable cuts on this thread.

RAIDER NATION

vCash
    Arizona Cardinals
    Cuts to 53: S Jonathon Amaya, C Adam Bice, WR Dan Buckner, DT David Carter, TE Alex Gottlieb, WR Charles Hawkins, G Senio Kelemete, LB Zack Nash, LB Colin Parker, TE Richard Quinn, G Chilo Rachal, S Curtis Taylor, WR Mike Thomas

Atlanta Falcons
    LB - Brian Banks

Baltimore Ravens
    RB Anthony Allen, CB Marc Anthony, LB Nigel Carr, TE Alex Silvestro

Buffalo Bills
    DE Kourtnei Brown, CB Crezdon Butler, QB Matt Leinart, OT Zebrie Sanders

Chicago Bears
    QB Trent Edwards, QB Jordan Palmer, OT J'Marcus Webb, C/OG Edwin Williams

Dallas Cowboys
    WR Anthony Armstrong

Houston Texans
    RB Dennis Johnson

New England Patriots
    TE Jake Ballard, FB Ben Bartholomew, DL Marcus Benard, TE Daniel Fells, WR Johnathan Haggerty, OL Luke Patterson, DL Gilbert Peņa, LB Mike Rivera, OL Matt Stankiewitch, DL Scott Vallone

Philadelphia Eagles
    LB Everette Brown, DT Antonio Dixon, QB Dennis Dixon, DE David King, QB G.J. Kinne, OL Matt Kopa, CB Trevard Lindley , WR Ifeanyi Momah, WR Will Murphy, OL Dallas Reynolds, LB Adrian Robinson, OL Matt Tennant

Tennessee Titans
    TE Brandon Barden, LB Gary Guyton

That's it so far. I will update this post as details come in.

RAIDER NATION

vCash

NFL Cut Down Thread

From my view, the 49ers are loaded , I would be watching their waiver wire really closely. They can't keep everybody .

Food for thought.

vCash
    OT J'Marcus Webb hasnt had a great career but he has to be better then Barron and Smith
    Member of the Mack/Donald Crew

The David Fales QB Crew-HunterNRoss

vCash
    does anyone know what the order of the waiver wire is? is it based off last years record or does it change since this is a new season?

RAIDER NATION

vCash
    ^^^^record so its KC Jags then us. So we are third in line

vCash
    Strangely, and perhaps sadly, Oakland can improve their roster (hell, even pick up a starter or two) by signing other team's cast-offs.

Take what you can get. Reggie will find some new bodies over the next few days.

vCash

NFL Cut Down Thread

I agree Shred . We might find a couple good ones out there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    Strangely, and perhaps sadly, Oakland can improve their roster (hell, even pick up a starter or two) by signing other team's cast-offs.

Take what you can get. Reggie will find some new bodies over the next few days.
    so far I hope we pick up Webb OT and maybe Jake Ballard. Both have potential. Both have starting potential as well. Thats two guys just out of the few guys cut so far

vCash
    Webb, Ballard and Bernard seem intriguing just by glancing at that list. Reggie should be able to improve the roster after this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy951 View Post
    Webb, Ballard and Bernard seem intriguing just by glancing at that list. Reggie should be able to improve the roster after this.
    He shouldnt have any problem upgrading this roster with some of these guys. As long as we can sign him. Webb and Ballard will clear waiver then try to sign most likely. They have descent sized contracts unless RM wants to pick those up too which I doubt. Webb is better then barron and smith,Maybe even Barnes. Ballard if he is healthy is easily the be TE on our roster. Havent see much of Benard so i couldnt comment on him.

vCash
    I agree. Bernard used to be an elite pass rusher before his motorcycle accident. The Pats cut him, but honestly he'd probably start on this line right away. He's probably still a better pass rusher than most guys on our roster.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy951 View Post
    I agree. Bernard used to be an elite pass rusher before his motorcycle accident. The Pats cut him, but honestly he'd probably start on this line right away. He's probably still a better pass rusher than most guys on our roster.
    Good information. With how little Carter has played he may not make the roster. That makes room for a guy like Bernard. With just the few people cut so far Oakland has plenty of room to upgrade.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    Good information. With how little Carter has played he may not make the roster. That makes room for a guy like Bernard. With just the few people cut so far Oakland has plenty of room to upgrade.
    I doubt they cut him.

What's more likely - that he's going to be cut, or that the coaches tried to keep him fresh by keeping him off the field?

I believe it's the latter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderFanBL9 View Post
    There is going to be lots of players being cut the next few days and with the situation of this team a lot of guys being cut could be great depth or even starters for us.

- Post and notable cuts on this thread.
    My thoughts exactly. I don't know that we can fill every need, but there are some players that are going to be looking for jobs today that could easily make our roster. I'm actually more interested in seeing who we pick up off of the scrap heap than I was about the draft.
    "The United States military doesn't DO pin pricks." ~ President Barack Obama.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast