Blanco

That's 60.9M off the books.

Factor in roughly 22M in raises... 38M

Annual payroll increase... 4-6M

Roughly 42-44M for free agents

Missing pieces?

IMO -
    Another #2 SP
    Two decent corner outfielders that drive in runs and can bat in the 4-5-6 holes.

Some names...

OF's
    Ellsbury
    Beltran
    Choo
    Granderson
    Pence
    Delmon Young (meh)

SP's
    Josh Johnson
    AJ Burnett
    Matt Garza
    James Shields
    Chris Carpenter
    Bronson Arroyo
    Tim Hudson
    Dan Haren (cheap 32 yr old)

Hoping management loosens it's belts and spends to cash, I'll take...

James Shields 5-7yrs/16-20M
    Dan Haren 1-2yrs/3-6M /Bronson Arroyo 2yrs./10-12M
    Jacoby Ellsbury 5-7 yrs/14-16M
    Curtis Granderson 2-3 yrs/ 12-14M

Really not concerned about a bidding war. This is a good opportunity to spend some bucks on proven players. Dodgers are stacked.

Matt Cain
    Madison Bumgarner
    James Shields
    Bronson Arroyo
    Competition for 5th spot

Jacoby Ellsbury
    Marco Scutaro
    Brandon Belt
    Buster Posey
    Curtis Granderson
    Pablo Sandoval
    Angel Pagan
    Brandon Crawford

Now bash me...
    Last edited by rarryronds; 08-30-2013 at 12:28 PM.

vCash
    The Giants should sign Ellsbury, Choo and Tanaka. Too bad they'll go with Pence, Pierre and Arroyo.
    Last edited by Leandres_sf; 08-30-2013 at 12:43 PM.

vCash
    I like Arroyo for a #4 in our ball park.
    We know what Pence can do... drive in runs when it doesn't matter.

I like Granderson coming off injury. Saves some cash. Still going to cost quite a bit but he has shown up and crushed balls consistently for quite some time. He'd be 33 to start the season, seems like he'd have 3-4 strong seasons ahead of him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leandres_sf View Post
    The Giants should sign Ellsbury, Choo and Tanaka. Too bad they'll go with Pence, Pierre and Arroyo.
    More like Pence, Ibanez, and Zito...
    "They throw the ball, I hit it. They hit the ball, I catch it." - Willie Mays

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leandres_sf View Post
    I really, really hope Sabean's past his signing gritty vet FAs phase, but...ugh.

vCash
    For some reason I want the Giants to get Josh Johnson. I think he would benefit from pitching in SF

Rally Huddy

vCash
    We've got an option ($6.5M) on Vogelsong so he'll be back.

Shields won't be an option though, the Royals have a $12M option on him that they'll no doubt exercise.

Their top priority should be Ellsbury. I feel they'll look to trade market to acquire another outfielder since there aren't many other options to sign say if the Giants do sign Ellsbury. I doubt they'd splurge on two outfielders and have an expensive trio out there.

I would hope they'd stay away from Granderson. He's really taken advantage of Yankee Stadium which has inflated his numbers. He'd basically be playing at the opposite place here.

I wouldn't mind Arroyo as a 4th/5th guy. Tanaka would be a nice guy to get as well. One guy I'd love to have would be AJ Burnett, but I'm sure the Pirates will hang onto him after the year they've had.

2010, 2012, and 2014 World Series Champions

vCash
    The only way I see Pence not coming back is if they try to lowball him or don't give him as many years as he wants, but I don't think him and Pagan would make Ellsbury cost prohibitive.

I don't see us going hard for Ellsbury, though, or at least not hard enough to take him from the Red Sox.

vCash
    Choo should be their first priority, the guy is simply one of the best players in the league and his OBP is sexy as hell. They also need a starting pitcher, preferably not Arroyo but he'd make a decent 3-4 starter. Resign Blanco to a cheap deal, Pence (as long as its a team friendly contract), and Lincecum (ditto).

vCash
    Doubt pence leaves unfortunately so might as well chop off about 13-14 mil of that.

vCash

Oh what to do with 40-50 million

**** hunter pence. Seems like a really cool guy and great guy in the clubhouse but he pisses me off. Will get wayyyy too much money for an average outfielder.

vCash
    We'll most certainly tender Pence an offer; if he rejects it and signs elsewhere we likely get a 1st rounder in a supposedly strong 2014 draft. I think Timmy is worth gambling a tender on as well. Johnson could be a high-reward pickup and stopgap for Crick/Escobar, and Ellsbury could be a great fit in LF. Having Lopez back would be welcome; Dunning/Kontos/Hembree are other viable BP options though adding a legit arm to the pen would be good investment.

vCash
    If we sign Ellsbury he better be in center.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    Their top priority should be Ellsbury. I feel they'll look to trade market to acquire another outfielder since there aren't many other options to sign say if the Giants do sign Ellsbury. I doubt they'd splurge on two outfielders and have an expensive trio out there.
    Nelson Cruz and Corey Hart could be cheap, one year options. I like Haren being a possible target.

Would you trust a blind scout? Of course you wouldn't but that's what you do when you simply go by stats

Only one person doesn't understand the ignore list. Predictable and cowardly

vCash
    I think with Cruz's suspension, that will cross him off their list. Hart would be fine on a one-year deal.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast