Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

What Do U Think Of The Raiders Defense

I don't see the Raiders being in to many games, cuz their defense looks easy to score on.
    Last edited by Black Cell; 08-30-2013 at 12:36 PM.

vCash
    I think it'll be better than people think. Our defense has looked very vanilla. Don't see it worse than last years and that horrible stretch

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Sorry, Jason Tarver is the WORST defensive coordinator of all time. Sure he hasn't had a lot to work with, but the offense still sucks with that bad O-line and career back up QBs. The only thing that will boost the defensive numbers is teams running out the clock in the 2nd half.

vCash
    I liked what I saw with Sims last game he looks like he can bring some pressure. The big question will be our secondary but I think we should be serviceable overall. It really depends on if our offense can sustain drives to give them some rest.

vCash
    I don't mean to go hard on them so early in the season, but WOW!! what i saw last night was a defense that gave away momentum. The Raiders offense desperately need a defense that will keep them in a game

vCash
    our deffense is bad, our offense is bad. Both have been for years now.... we just need to get peices one year at a time that are worth holding onto and pretty soon it will form something respectable. As of now , we arent close

vCash
    The Raiders have a defense?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mfarneti53 View Post
    I liked what I saw with Sims last game he looks like he can bring some pressure. The big question will be our secondary but I think we should be serviceable overall. It really depends on if our offense can sustain drives to give them some rest.
    Mike Jenkins and Tracy Porter have been disappointments thus far, though I'm basing that statement on Porter's week 2 game, Jenkin's week 3 game and that highlight reel catch he game up yesterday.
    RAIDERS. ARE. BACK.

vCash
    Their defense is unproven with many new players. My guess is the defense won't exceed anyone's expectations, but it won't be as horrendous as most predict/expect, too.

Yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion, no matter how wrong they consistently are.

-Stork

vCash
    I believe the Raiders are going to run a primarily zone / zone-blitz look.

That means the primarily no-blitzing, man-coverage defensive look we've seen out of Oakland in pre-season games is no indication of how things will go.

I saw too much of an improvement out of the Raiders defense last year as the season went on to think DA and Tarver are incompetent. They're not.

A lot of people are jumping at shadows. The Raiders have more talent and a much more complex scheme then what we've seen.

vCash
    I think the defense will be borderline average/solid if healthy. I heard Hayden held his own last night against the Seahawks. I heard the ball was rarely thrown to his side because he covered so well. Houston and Sims will hopefully create consistent pressure. I think we will be okay for now. Draft Clowney and a few more playmakers and it will be threatening.

Oakland Raiders / Jason Kidd-Mavericks Fan Till Death

vCash
    If and when I can see some push at the LOS, we'll be OK, not great but OK....
    " I have only three rules, be on time, pay attention, and play like hell on Sunday"

-John Madden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Cell View Post
    I don't see the Raiders being in to many games, cuz their defense looks easy to score on.
    I'll wait to answer this question after week 1. I didn't recognize a lot of those players in yesterday's defense. And for the most part, they didn't look good, esp the secondary. It just looks like a D that can easily be exploited. But let's judge it when all the starters are in and playing together. Can't wait for that 1st game.

Go Raiders!!

ahhh... the good ole days

watch 4free here http://firstrownow.eu

vCash
    The secondary will be bad unless we start getting to the qb.Starts upfront remember.I think Rm will add a couple players as well.

vCash
    Once they realize that they need Bass, Moore, and Adams in there at all times (pretty much), I think they'll be ok. Still a lot of holes though, especially on the d.line.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast