Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Thibodeau checks in on Rose

I know it's been slim pickins when trying to find out anything about rose this summer, so here's what i got for ya fellas:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...0,464465.story

Less than one month before training camp opens on one of the most anticipated seasons since the dynasty ended, Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau made good on his vow to visit Derrick Rose's offseason base outside Los Angeles to witness Rose's workouts.

Rose, who is set to attend training camp in late September after missing last season following knee surgery, is set to travel to Asia Sept. 4-16 for his second shoe promotional tour this offseason. Before then, he is working out with personal trainer Rob McClanaghan and other NBA players, including Jimmy Butler earlier this week.

Thibodeau traveled west Wednesday to check in on Rose, who is sporting increased range on his jumper and a left-handed floater that he has worked on extensively this offseason.

Thibodeau said last month at the summer league that he doesn't envision “big limitations” on Rose once training camp and exhibition games open.

“What the summer has done is it's given him more time to build confidence and strength in his leg,” Thibodeau said in Las Vegas in July. “His entire body is a lot stronger.”
    [IMG]/IMG]

vCash
    My body may not be ready for October

Jimmy G. Stops

vCash
    Yeah, there better not be any limitations. He'll be having 18 months to get past any limitations when the season starts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flogger View Post
    Yeah, there better not be any limitations. He'll be having 18 months to get past any limitations when the season starts.
    He shouldnt have physical limitations but there may be minute limitations to finish his rehab.

vCash
    Imagine Rose coming back with a lefty floater as effective as his right. Which way are you gonna send him? If he can finish with a floater going right AND left...man. That's trouble. I hope despite his increased range he doesn't settle for a lot of pull up 3's or ill advised shots.

vCash
    Good question: would you rather want a more developed Rose, or a smarter one?

Doogs mentioned Lebron being smarter in when to take certain shots being just as important in his improvement overall than anything he worked on as a player

vCash
    Still young. I say improved. Smarter comes in late 20s and early 30s with experience.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    Good question: would you rather want a more developed Rose, or a smarter one?

Doogs mentioned Lebron being smarter in when to take certain shots being just as important in his improvement overall than anything he worked on as a player
    If he is improved this year, and then just does a lot of everything, he can really work on refining his approach the next couple of seasons.

And then. He made them pancakes.

vCash
    I'd prefer an improved Rose. I'd like to see a smarter version of him a little later down the road of I had to choose end or the other.

vCash
    A Rose with a 12in donger

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    vCash
    I think smarter would be better, Rose really worries me becasue i am not sure he ages like paul or Williams who are both more pure point guards, if he looses a step (which I wonder when he does) I wonder if he will be the same player. he clearly thives alot of athletism and getting to the rim.

one thing I was doing earlier today, I was watching some highlights, and realized something, that while we have the best ofensive rebunding in the league, it will only get better with rose back, with how many guys comit to him off the drive, it leaves guys like Noah, boozer, Deng and even Jimmy to follow up those misses, really hope him and Jimmy can pair well in the backcourt, Rose/Jimmy/Deng/Boozer/Noah is by far best defensive group, best reboudning five, and arguably the best starting 5 in the league. with our bench of the white duo (Hinrich and Duleavy) and Taj, this team has the best chance i think it has ever had, not to mention snell, Teague, and even Murphy (strech 4 ) and Nazr ( came together near the end of last season. love this team and am excited to see them play. would love to go to the home opener here in miami but damn tickets be expensive.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flogger View Post
    Still young. I say improved. Smarter comes in late 20s and early 30s with experience.
    “His entire body is a lot stronger.”

There's still doubters in this forums when it comes to D.Rose. He basically did more than just rehab in more than a year. I can still remember when he said this to Calipari...

"And he said 'coach I'm gonna come back (and) wait until you see my body when I come back.' And he said 'I'm going to be better than I was before I got hurt."

His timing will be off, but that can be addressed in training camp. Playing around 15 mins in pre-season would be good too.

vCash
    D. ROSE is about to OWN the NBA. He was already "skill wise" arguably the best player in the NBA... and he hadn't even trained his body. lol... he added 10 pounds of muscle, and he said he feels alot "quicker"?... A quicker, stronger Rose, with deeper 3pt range?... YIKES. JORDAN MODE.

I'm calling "Championship" now.

Super breakout season for D.Rose and Noah, and even J. Butler. Deng will still be solid... M. Teague, Snell, Hinrich, Taj, Dunleavy...everybody will know their role. Can't forget "Nasty Naz"