Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Buss Family Gives Lamar Odom a Lifeline

A source revealed to RadarOnline that Mitch told Lamar’s agent Jeff Schwartz:

“Because the organization and the Buss family are extremely concerned about him. The Lakers are a family and even though Lamar isn’t currently on their roster, that doesn’t matter, he’s a two-time championship Laker. Lamar needs to go to rehab and he’s been told by the team that if he goes and completes treatment, there’ll be a spot for him.”

If it’s true and Lamar is having an issue with drugs – though this whole situation is totally fishy to us – this is not a bad deal at all. According to the rumors, his drug of choice may be crack cocaine, OxyContin, or other prescription drugs.

Lamar has always been a Laker at heart – this is great incentive to get him back on track!
    #WWLG4L
    Enut4eva24
    SOURCE: RadarOnline

vCash
    This is a perfect situation that can mend any hard feelings from the past between Mitch and Odom...Something has to give here though as far as our roster...because it's almost a gimme that the Lakers pursue Beasely..I don't think RKelly makes the team this year...
    ...A Dynasty A Cometh... 1225

vCash
    Interesting.

Not sure how I feel about this entirely.
    If he is an addict, he is going to need to find & own a personal drive for recovery.
    That said, if this can help kick start him in that direction, all the better.
    The gesture (which Im seeing as ALLLLL Jeanie) is great as well, not turning their back on him.

Im mixed on this one.
    I do know that I really hope Lamar finds peace & recovery from this.
    Hes had a lot of hard times, but he has a whole lot to be grateful for too.
    Last edited by Maddog-99; 08-29-2013 at 12:45 PM.
    The Los Angeles Lakers

We have so many of these, we give them out to our fans.

vCash
    From a Basketball only view:

Wouldnt this make the Lakers the ultimate redemptive story next year?
    They already were owning that story before this with Kobe, Nash & the rag tag crew assembled around them once the traitor DHow left town.

Now you add Lamar to that (lets say a healthy clean Lamar with something to prove). Man. People who have hated the Lakers for years will be chearing for them. It will be the anti-Heat.
    The Los Angeles Lakers

We have so many of these, we give them out to our fans.

vCash
    Odom needs to step up now and accept the challenge.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddog-99 View Post
    Now you add Lamar to that (lets say a healthy clean Lamar with something to prove). Man. People who have hated the Lakers for years will be chearing for them. It will be the anti-Heat.
    They'll be the anti-Heat alright - terrible coaching, mis-matched roster and no championship aspirations.

It's a good thing that the Lakers would offer Lamar some stability. I don't mean to be a dick but let's be honest here, the Lakers are about as anti-Heat as you can get.

vCash
    I was never an Odom fan, but I really want him to pull through and come back to the Lakers. The ultimate redemption story.

vCash
    Why do people have such short memories? Lamar has always been an underachiever. With his God given skills, he should have had a hall of fame career, but instead he has wasted his talent, which he only fully uses every five games of so. He received the 6th man award only because he decided for one season to use that talent every other game and people somehow saw that as "consistency".

He is easily pushed off the edge (as whenever there's talk of trading him) and unfortunately he has gone through a lot of rough things that have indeed pushed him off the edge completely. There is a reason why he is attracted to drugs. That's his personality. He is not going to somehow change at the end of his career. What you are going to get with Lamar is same as always, except now he is older and more damaged.

vCash
    is he trying to sign him too or what? i mean its nice and all but what is the bigger picture?

vCash
    He was my favorite laker for a while. Come back LO.

oh, and dump Khloe.

vCash
    LO is not that good anymore but I want him to get over the drug problem, so i'm going to cheer for him to make the team.

vCash
    It took a while for them to react,but it it never late to help a friend! He loves the Lakers,but was sacrificed at one point. Odom needs to react and get help right away even if does not play at all.
    The time is now coach!

vCash
    I am more hoping Suns cut Beasley and Lakers sign him. I really really hope for Beasley I think he can really help this team and they can help him it makes them very interesting. If that Happens not Sure I want Beasley and Odom together.

vCash
    I think they can co-exist.
    GET LIKE ME

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    I am more hoping Suns cut Beasley and Lakers sign him. I really really hope for Beasley I think he can really help this team and they can help him it makes them very interesting. If that Happens not Sure I want Beasley and Odom together.
    me too im hoping.. i hope he and wesley have a close relationship and maybe wes can convince beasley to sign with us..

PLAN B

SIM LEAGUE NETS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast