Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Was tonights 3-4-5 the worst middle of the lineup a team has played all season?

Brown, Davis, Satin? Can you think of a team that has even fielded a middle of the lineup close to this bad?

vCash
    That's what happens when you deal Byrd/Buck and have no David Wright. Those were some of their replacements.

Their offense is going to struggle the rest of the season, i think that's obvious.

vCash
    There have been worse.

vCash
    Well you expect that after all they lost, but the Mets started 6 rookies tonight and while it sucked since they do nothing I watched every inning because I enjoy watching the young guys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    There have been worse.
    Name 1. Name 1 that was even close

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    That's what happens when you deal Byrd/Buck and have no David Wright. Those were some of their replacements.

Their offense is going to struggle the rest of the season, i think that's obvious.
    No, that's what happens when you trade Byrd, your one legitimate star is on the DL, and the rest of your team is very very bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyJerZ View Post
    No, that's what happens when you trade Byrd, your one legitimate star is on the DL, and the rest of your team is very very bad.
    They have to upgrade their offense but TDA, Murphy/Flores, Wright, and Lagares aren't bad offensively. They have Puello coming as well next year.

Satin is a bench player/platoon guy, Ike needs a replacement, and Brown is a bench player. That's what happens when you gut your team and play 6 rookies like Sick mentioned. Does their lineup look better with Wright and Byrd, yeah but they might the right deal for Byrd and Buck and can bring Byrd back next season if they want to.

It wasn't like they got 2 hits and scored no runs tonight. They had 9 hits but couldn't score more than 2.

In terms of the rest of this season, i don't what you expect. They are going to struggle and be in that protected pick range.
    Last edited by metswon69; 08-28-2013 at 11:16 PM.

vCash
    Name 1. Name 1 that was even close
    Chris Carter, Carlos Pena, and Justin Maxwell

vCash
    Or Dietrich, Ozuna, and Coghlan

vCash
    Chris Carter, Carlos Pena, and Justin Maxwell
    Totally, their entire middle lineup having better stats than our clean up hitter definitely makes us look worse. The worse part about your post is that this is probably the second worse, and they still put up way better production than what we put out there tonight. You know your stuff better than I do for sure, so you have to know that

vCash
    Or Dietrich, Ozuna, and Coghlan
    Check. Not sure if check-mate, but not gonna lie, this is a bad one

vCash
    Totally, their entire middle lineup having better stats than our clean up hitter definitely makes us look worse. The worse part about your post is that this is probably the second worse, and they still put up way better production than what we put out there tonight. You know your stuff better than I do for sure, so you have to know that
    Brown has been solid this year, 2nd half Ike is good, and Satin is a decent bat as well. Definitely not flashy names by any stretch, but there have been worse. Pena and Maxwell were doing horrible with the Astros while Carter strikes out a ton and hits some HRs.

Check. Not sure if check-mate, but not gonna lie, this is a bad one
    I think it's check-mate lol. This is a horrendous 3-4-5.

vCash
    Strap in and get ready for 5 weeks of some serious sucking
    Go Grab My Belt

vCash
    Brown has been solid this year, 2nd half Ike is good, and Satin is a decent bat as well. Definitely not flashy names by any stretch, but there have been worse. Pena and Maxwell were doing horrible with the Astros while Carter strikes out a ton and hits some HRs.

I think it's check-mate lol. This is a horrendous 3-4-5.
    Ha. Yeah that second one was really bad. They could not have fielded that lineup more than once. They suck, but they have a couple players that are better than that middle of the lineup

vCash
    Just look at iKe Davis' line tonight.
    Scarecrow: I haven't got a brain... only straw.
    Dorothy: How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
    Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
    Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast