Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Bronson Arroyo "loves" San Francisco

It's a nice spot to be a first-time free agent, and though Arroyo would prefer to stay in Cincinnati, the San Francisco Giants, for one, have cash: $45 million with Barry Zito and Tim Lincecum's expiring deals.

"I love San Francisco," Arroyo says. "I love the whole vibe of the city. I love walking down the street and see a guy in a tuxedo, two guys holding hands and some girl with tattoos riding a skateboard. I love the eclecticness of the city. But to be honest, it's going to be sad if I have to leave here. There will only be one reason why, and that's the dollar bill."
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...ngale/2711551/

There's a lot more to this story in the link. It's time to start looking ahead.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash

vCash
    #3/5
    ?????

on a side note did anyone watch that commercial he was in otatop posted.
    Last edited by ciaban; 08-28-2013 at 04:56 PM.

vCash
    That was an interesting commercial.

I didn't realize he was 36. I guess I've been thinking of him as a young pitcher for ten years now. It sucks getting old.

vCash
    What pitcher wouldn't like SF? Arroyo is definitely not who we should be targeting if we're looking ahead.
    Last edited by RTL; 08-28-2013 at 09:16 PM.

Would you trust a blind scout? Of course you wouldn't but that's what you do when you simply go by stats
    Splifftone, OptiskeptSF and Ciaban have a lot in common

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RTL View Post
    What pitcher wouldn't like SF? Arroyo is definitely not who we should be targeting if we're looking ahead.
    He was mostly talking about the city itself, not the spacious ballpark.

I think he could be a nice signing. Our rotation is thin. It's possible we could be losing Zito, Vogelsong, and Timmy. We need somebody. He could be a solid back of the rotation guy for sure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by giants73756 View Post
    I think he could be a nice signing. Our rotation is thin. It's possible we could be losing Zito, Vogelsong, and Timmy. We need somebody. He could be a solid back of the rotation guy for sure.
    If he signs a one year deal, sure. We're not losing V-song.

Would you trust a blind scout? Of course you wouldn't but that's what you do when you simply go by stats

vCash
    It's most likely we keep Vogey, but he's a free agent after all. Arroyo is 36 so he won't get a long deal. Somebody will probably give him 2 years, so if we would have to give 2 if we want to snag him. I have no problem with 2 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by giants73756 View Post
    It's most likely we keep Vogey, but he's a free agent after all. Arroyo is 36 so he won't get a long deal. Somebody will probably give him 2 years, so if we would have to give 2 if we want to snag him. I have no problem with 2 years.
    We have an option on V-song next season. He's not going anywhere.

vCash
    Oh, my mistake. Thanks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    #3/5
    ?????

on a side note did anyone watch that commercial he was in otatop posted.
    He'd fit right in with the roster since the Giants are experts at being painfully awkward in their commercials.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB