Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

I just wanna give up

3 and 4 years ago -- I finally felt like we hit a stride. Maybe we wouldn't win the big one -- but we were closer than ever in so many years.

I wasn't alive for the last Knicks and Jets Titles -- but the Jets gave me such hope.

It just gets worse and worse and worse.

Honestly makes me so damn sad - I know this thread will get locked -- but I have to admit it. I have zero hopes for the next 5-10 years for the Jets.

i wish I could say otherwise - but I just can't.

I still put on my hat on Sundays -- but I am not proud at all -- just humiliated.
    you have to be trusted by the people that you lie to -pink floyd

1/23/14: This "team" is irreparably damaged

My Solution: Shut the team down until ALL current contracts expire. If players / coaches / execs can find jobs elsewhere - let them go get new contracts and cut ties completely.

Wait ~5years and relaunch as an expansion team.

Bring back 2 people -- no more, no less. 1: Walt Frazier 2: Herb Williams [Honorable Mention: Mike Breen]

vCash
    Well I could say a lot here but will keep it simple and nice. The season has not started yet and IMO if you dont read what the media writes I think there are plenty of reasons to be optimistic. Think about last pre-season, we didnt score a single TD until the 4th pre-season game. We had a terrible season with league worst QB play and STILL won 7 games. by the way - Tony Sporano was our OC.

I always have hope, always. Do you think the Patriots had hope in the early-mid 90's when they were winning 1 and 2 game a year? using your example 5-10 years down the road they have a dynasty.

It can be frustrating no doubt but hang in

vCash
    And the worst part of this patheitic self-loathing story (and another stellar thread topic) is that the NFL banned wearing bags. I think I'm going to cry...
    Last edited by John X Doe; 08-28-2013 at 09:38 AM.

vCash
    so then go like another team? nobody wants to hear about how you feel on a forum! duhh what you think this is therapy?
    NY JETS .we just can't win the games we need to win
    NY Yankees
    NY Knicks
    LETS BALL!!!

2013 NFL PSD MOCK DRAFT:
    1ST RD PICK 9: KEKE MINGO OLB
    2nd rd pick: Giovanni Bernard rb
    3rd rd pick: Zac dysert Qb
    4th rd pick: xavier nixon Og
    5th rd pick: D.C jefferson Te
    6th rd pick: Sio Moore Lb

vCash
    Well, there's a silver lining. This year, unlike last year, is not a bad year to be really, really bad. Also, we have a number of young guys on defense to be excited about.

vCash
    It's tough being a Jets fan with all the constant negative media attention surrounding the team. But the season hasn't even started yet...

Follow me on Twitter @TheGaudAlmighty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JETS TURN! View Post
    so then go like another team? nobody wants to hear about how you feel on a forum! duhh what you think this is therapy?
    You're wrong. I relate to this guy. I can't just go like another team, the green and white are in my DNA, it is impossible for me to change my allegiance. That being said I've disagreed with the managements drafting and personnel for like the last 3 or 4 seasons and nothing is worse than being an amateur guy on a couch and consistently making better picks than the suits in management who get paid millions to screw the pooch. For christ sakes we picked a nickel back in the first round a few years ago! When was the last first rounder used on a skill position offensive player, which the league is centered on now? It's absurd.
    THE GOAT

Until a player reaches these PA numbers, lets not talk about how good they are.

The Following PA's are when sample size stabilizes

50 PA: Swing %
    100 PA: Contact Rate
    150 PA: Strikeout Rate, Line Drive Rate, Pitches/PA
    200 PA: Walk Rate, Groundball Rate, GB/FB
    250 PA: Flyball Rate
    300 PA: Home Run Rate, HR/FB
    500 PA: OBP, SLG, OPS, 1B Rate, Popup Rate
    550 PA: ISO

vCash
    This year we're allowed to be a bad team. We get a ****ton of salary cap after this season. Fat contract players will be dumped or renegotiated. We don't technically have to stay with Geno. We can draft another QB in the first round. Not all hope is lost. Though it's tough to see there is a bright light at the end of this year. We as fans just need to get through it no matter how bleak it seems.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chest Rockwell View Post
    Well, there's a silver lining. This year, unlike last year, is not a bad year to be really, really bad. Also, we have a number of young guys on defense to be excited about.
    Hey, hey, hey, that's enough of that! This is a negative, bashing, wallowing thread topic. Please note the thread name. Either join in or butt out.
    Leave that dreamy stuff for other posts. Thank you.
    Last edited by John X Doe; 08-28-2013 at 12:59 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CostanzaNumba0 View Post
    You're wrong. I relate to this guy. I can't just go like another team, the green and white are in my DNA, it is impossible for me to change my allegiance. That being said I've disagreed with the managements drafting and personnel for like the last 3 or 4 seasons and nothing is worse than being an amateur guy on a couch and consistently making better picks than the suits in management who get paid millions to screw the pooch. For christ sakes we picked a nickel back in the first round a few years ago! When was the last first rounder used on a skill position offensive player, which the league is centered on now? It's absurd.
    Dude, I love your honesty. You totally speak your mind and while I have rarely agreed with anything you have said, I enjoy your posts. I would gladly buy you a beer to hear your point of view sometime.

And you're right, they've definitely swung and missed from time to time. Wilson doesn't look like a good pick at this point.

vCash
    Why not become a glory hunter and then when that team sucks down the line, jump boats again!

PSD"S JETS FORUM SURVIVOR LEAGUE CHAMPION 2013

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by costanzanumba0 View Post
    you're wrong. I relate to this guy. I can't just go like another team, the green and white are in my dna, it is impossible for me to change my allegiance. That being said i've disagreed with the managements drafting and personnel for like the last 3 or 4 seasons and nothing is worse than being an amateur guy on a couch and consistently making better picks than the suits in management who get paid millions to screw the pooch. For christ sakes we picked a nickel back in the first round a few years ago! When was the last first rounder used on a skill position offensive player, which the league is centered on now? It's absurd.
    so just because we have picked good your going to hate the team? We havent been that bad with our drafts the way your making it seem, wilson shouldve never been drafted in the first to be a nickle corner i dont think that was the intention, i think he was drafted to replace revis/cromarite but performed pretty well in the nickle spot so they left him there.. Tanny had some horrible draft with only the first round becoming solid players..
    NY JETS .we just can't win the games we need to win
    NY Yankees
    NY Knicks
    LETS BALL!!!

2013 NFL PSD MOCK DRAFT:
    1ST RD PICK 9: KEKE MINGO OLB
    2nd rd pick: Giovanni Bernard rb
    3rd rd pick: Zac dysert Qb
    4th rd pick: xavier nixon Og
    5th rd pick: D.C jefferson Te
    6th rd pick: Sio Moore Lb

vCash
    I look at it like this; being a Jets Fan is in my blood (or somewhere there-abouts). I could never become a fan of another team, even if I wanted to - which I don't!

It's not my responsibility to make sure the Jets are a good team, and even if I wanted to (which I do), it'll never happen because I'm not a billionaire (yet, KOW - every Wednesday and Saturday Night - I have a 1 in 20 million chance of winning lotto and becoming - well - hopefully a millionaire at least - KOW - which still won't allow me to have a say in what happens), so I won't be buying the team anytime soon, and I'm not in the football business (coaching, scouting, managing, etc) - so literally, I have absolutely no say in what happens to our team.

I'm not deluded to the point that I feel like anything I have to say, or think about our Jets has any impact on what happens to the team. I suppose I could try and found a Jets Fan Union, and if we got big enough/strong enough, that we could threaten to boycott PSLs/games whatever - but we can't even agree on what's the right thing for the Jets to do here on this forum, let alone in reality, so there's no way we could get a large enough group with enough clout, to agree on anything. Long story longer - it's just not my responsibility to make the Jets good.

My "job" is to be a fan, which is easy. I love, and root for our Jets, and I always hope for the best. I figure there has to be some way, some time, some how our Jets will win the big one, again (KOW)! I was lucky enough to be a 10 year old kid with strong ties to the Jets (for a fan - I had met Joe Namath, saw a game from the side-lines in 1968, and got in the locker-room for autographs), and they won Super Bowl III. That doesn't mean that that victory has "tided me over." No way! I want to win as much as anyone - but all I can do is stay positive, and root for my Jets, and NOT TAKE ANYTHING PERSONALLY BECAUSE IT ISN'T/WASN'T MY JOB TO PUT THE TEAM TOGETHER, AND COACH THEM TO VICTORY!

That doesn't mean that I don't get bummed when bad things happen, and we lose players, coaches, games, whatever - but whatever happens happens - tough shite! Move on and hope that the next thing will go right. Don't sit around and sulk. Patriots fans that feel superior because the Pats have been a winning franchise for the past 12 years, are just deluded to think that they had anything to do with it, or that things won't swing the other way in the future, but the smart ones will say - well that was fun, lets see what happens next - NOT go woe is me! People that base their sense of self-worth on how their football team does are empty, shallow, and destined to be losers because they are taking responsibility for something that they had absolutely nothing to do with. That is pathetic!

Be a Jets fan - be happy that you root for the Jets for whatever reasons, but don't take it personally because you have no input, or control over what happens. Have fun, be optimistic, and then move on! Don't even talk to me about self-pity or self-loathing because of what happens to the Jets. Become personally invested in things that you do, that you control - being a good husband/wife/father/son/person that takes care of their own, and tries to leave something to give to those less fortunate. That is what really matters in this world!

OK - rant over!

GO JETS!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JETS TURN! View Post
    so just because we have picked good your going to hate the team? We havent been that bad with our drafts the way your making it seem, wilson shouldve never been drafted in the first to be a nickle corner i dont think that was the intention, i think he was drafted to replace revis/cromarite but performed pretty well in the nickle spot so they left him there.. Tanny had some horrible draft with only the first round becoming solid players..
    I never said I hate the team? I expressed my frustration with poor drafting and the rex circus (which I admittedly liked when we were winning, but as his ineptitude on the offensive side of the ball becomes more apparent it has become annoying). Both revis and cromartie were in their prime when wilson was drafted..The rest of your post agrees with what I said...We have no dynamic skill players on offense. They're a bunch of undrafted FAs, 4th rounders, project second rounders etc. Where is our Julio Jones? Dez Bryant? Nicks? White? Johnson? You need to snatch top skill position talent early its a fact of this league.
    THE GOAT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post
    Dude, I love your honesty. You totally speak your mind and while I have rarely agreed with anything you have said, I enjoy your posts. I would gladly buy you a beer to hear your point of view sometime.

And you're right, they've definitely swung and missed from time to time. Wilson doesn't look like a good pick at this point.
    haha likewise
    THE GOAT

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast