Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Bryant, Gray, Harvey

Does the elbow tear of flame thrower Matt Harvey help to validate the Cub's selection of Kris Bryant over Jonathon Gray?

I feel (and felt at the time) there is too much inherent injury risk with power pitchers.

Bryant seems to be progressing nicely. How is Gray looking so far?
    I'm not as think as you bad off I am...
    I have a split personality, and so do I.

vCash
    Gray is putting up video game numbers so far, but yeah, I wanted and remain glad they took the top position player.

vCash
    I would have been happy with any of Bryant, Appel, or Gray but Gray scared me the most because he reminds me of Dennis Eckersley minus (hopefully) the substance abuse issues. He seems like a guy with amazing stuff that may end up in the bullpen. While it would be great to have a Dennis Eckersley in the bullpen you have to consider that it took a long time for that to happen. I'd rather have a right fielder who plays every day and hits with great power than a bullpen guy.
    All animals are created equal, but some animals are more equal than others.

vCash
    I thought the selection of Bryant at #2 over Gray was valid regardless of what happened to Harvey.

vCash
    I wanted Appel or Bryant...anyone else would have been a reach IMO.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    I wanted Gray because I saw a lot of his games this last year, and saw that he was holding, and even gaining velocity in the later innings. There is nothing that suggests to me that he will be a reliever, big body, gets stronger as the pitch count rises, 3 quality pitches, two of which are out pitches, great make-up. Some of that is opinion based on my observations, but he had the look and feel of a no doubt ace. There is inherintly more risk with pitchers though, so...

I am in no way dissapointed in Bryant though, I can live with the selection with out a doubt.

vCash
    Picking as high as we did, I'm glad we selected Bryant. I was on the Appel train because he seemed so polished and was about as safe as a pitcher pick as you could get. However picking a pitcher when you have such a rare high pick is too risky. I can see if you pick in the mid-teens in the 1st round, and some young, talented pitcher you like drops to you, and taking him. At #2 I don't like taking that risk as much.

vCash
    Just keep losing, let Astros, Marlins, and awful Jerry Reinsdorf cheap out, and pick Rodon. Rodon could make you guys forget Gray, right?

vCash
    Gray wouldve been a great pick. Bryant was as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A New Era View Post
    Picking as high as we did, I'm glad we selected Bryant. I was on the Appel train because he seemed so polished and was about as safe as a pitcher pick as you could get. However picking a pitcher when you have such a rare high pick is too risky. I can see if you pick in the mid-teens in the 1st round, and some young, talented pitcher you like drops to you, and taking him. At #2 I don't like taking that risk as much.
    Ugh, this reminded me of mid first round gems Hayden Simpson and Mark Pawelek.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by davearm View Post
    Ugh, this reminded me of mid first round gems Hayden Simpson and Mark Pawelek.
    Iunno if his draft video is still online but worst mechanics everz.

vCash
    I dont see the astros cheaping out if they like the player.

Unrelated, I thought there were rumors before the draft that Bryant was willing to sign underslot, did i make that up?
    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash
    I was happy with bryant because of the gray drug issue, however seeing what he's doing now I'd maybe want a redraft.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell Daly View Post
    I was happy with bryant because of the gray drug issue, however seeing what he's doing now I'd maybe want a redraft.
    Have you seen what Bryant has done?

vCash
    I'm referring to what gray has been doing, I know bryant is doing good too but gray is on another level in terms of dominance....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast