Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Kobe Bryant voted most popular NBA player by upcoming NBA rookies

Who is your favorite player in the league?

1: Kobe Bryant, L.A. Lakers -- 21.2 percent

2: LeBron James, Miami -- 15.2 percent

T-3rd: Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City & Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas -- 12.1 percent

T-5th: Kevin Garnett, Brooklyn & Chris Paul, L.A. Clippers -- 9.1 percent

Others receiving votes: Carmelo Anthony, New York; Vince Carter, Dallas; Tim Duncan, San Antonio; James Harden, Houston; Kawhi Leonard, San Antonio; Steve Nash, L.A. Lakers; Dwyane Wade, Miami

Worth noting: LeBron won his second straight championship, but couldn't retain his spot as the rookies' favorite player. As Kobe nears the end of his career, he still gets love from the kids.
    http://www.nba.com/2013/news/feature...a_12_twitter_L

It's interesting how so many young players still look up to Kobe. Smart children and Lebron was second. These rookiess are looking up to the right guys. I'm honestly surprised how high Dirk is on this list. Your thoughts?

GO LAKERS

vCash
    Any bets on who will be the first hater? I say hildago...

vCash
    Most of the best players of the last half decade. Kawhi's a pretty big surprise though. Glaring omission = Dwight. Which really is not a surprise. I don't think most revere him as a person, just on the court.

vCash
    No surprise here.

vCash
    Shocked
    Be $wavy

6. 08-27-2013, 02:21 PM
    Reason
    dodging the filter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    No surprise here.
    Exactly. I actually don't see anything remarkable about any of this.....

vCash
    Really, Kawhi Leonard in the mix with Kobe, Lebron, Duncan, Wade, etc doesn't surprise you two? Over, say - Tony Parker, Curry, Westbrook, Rose, Love, Pau, Westbrook, Bosh, etc? I'm pretty impressed by his name in that mix. It sticks out huge.

vCash
    Fitting a Lakers fan starts this thread.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Really, Kawhi Leonard in the mix with Kobe, Lebron, Duncan, Wade, etc doesn't surprise you two? Over, say - Tony Parker, Curry, Westbrook, Rose, Love, Pau, Westbrook, Bosh, etc? I'm pretty impressed by his name in that mix. It sticks out huge.
    Kawhi is someone's favorite, the question was, "Who is your favorite player" not "who is the best player"

vCash
    It's not that unusual. I've been an NBA fan for a long time, and my favorite player hasn't always been a superstar. For years, my favorite Rockets players were Shane Battier and Luis Scola. You ask dozens of rookies who their favorite players are and one or two are bound to name an obscure guy over a superstar. It would be stranger if one of the top 3-4 guys was someone like Leonard.

vCash
    Well yeah, that's a surprise.

Kobe being the most liked isn't, because people their/my age have never really known basketball pre-Kobe Bryant. Hell, I loved Kobe back in 3rd grade. He was so likable back then, and still is to many people. That's all I was saying with that post; reffering to the title
    Last edited by ManRam; 08-27-2013 at 02:35 PM.

vCash
    Yeah true, I was considering this as a bigger sample size, but it's probably just one kid. Looks like Lebron was the rookies favorite last season, btw.

vCash
    I'm guessing it was Tony Snell that voted for Leonard, BTW. High School teammates.

vCash
    Rooks probably wouldn't be saying this if they played on Kobe's team.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation that’s critical. He’s one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.”

vCash
    Not a shocker. Just like when AI and T Mac retired all the players were giving props.

Real recognize real.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast