1 3.45%
  • Chris Johnson

7 24.14%
  • Frank Gore

3 10.34%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

PSD player rankings by position (Volume II)- #10 RB in the NFL

Hello, all. A few years ago, I did something like this in the NFL Forum but forgot to do it this past year. And for those who wander into the NBA Forum, I'm sure you're aware that MHC does these polls every year. But basically, I'm going to go through each position and PSD is going to vote on the best players for that position. The polls will move fast since the regular season is coming up. And in all likelihood, we won't get through each position.

Please TRY AND VOTE FOR THE BEST PLAYER AND DON'T BE A HOMER. I will leave the poll open for one day and than we can carry on to the next best player at that position. I will add more players after each round.

REMEMBER this is based on who is the best player, not the player who has the potential to be the best

For positions like QB, RB, WR, etc., we'll do a top 10. For positions that never garner much attention, we'll do a top 5.

Please vote in the #10 WR, #2 Safety and #10 CB threads too:
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...ety-in-the-NFL
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-WR-in-the-NFL
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-CB-in-the-NFL

For those wondering, here is what the rankings looked like 2 years ago: http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...NFL-(Volume-I)

Here's the stats from last year: http://www.pro-football-reference.co...12/rushing.htm
    http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/rb
    Pass Blocking Efficiency stats for RBs:
    O-Line stats: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

PSD's 2013 RB Rankings
    1. Adrian Peterson
    2. Marshawn Lynch
    3. Arian Foster
    4. Jamaal Charles
    5. LeSean McCoy
    6. Ray Rice
    7. C.J. Spiller
    8. Maurice Jones-Drew
    9. Doug Martin
    Last edited by PatsSoxKnicks; 08-27-2013 at 02:59 AM.
    Patriots Forum HOF Class of 2011

vCash
    Anyone except Ridley

vCash
    #MACFADDEN Puts in that work for his squad!!
    Be $wavy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slaker619 View Post
    #MACFADDEN Puts in that work for his squad!!
    Which work? He has had only one great season, has proven ridiculously incapable of playing in ZBS, and is a guarantee to miss at least 3 games each season. He has NEVER lived up to his talent.

Ridley also doesn't belong here for the simple fact that he is a HUGE benefactor from the Pats' deadly passing attack.

Either way, the homer in me is going with Forte. I see a big season his way in a WCO with ZBS to complement his elite vision.

vCash
    I love Chris Johnson, but stats and scheme wise it has to be Alfred Morris....

vCash
    Forte or Gore.

vCash
    Would say Forte, but since this is the final voting for RB's, going Homer here.

vCash
    I'm going with CJ2K, probably the most explosive back and fastest back left in this thread.

vCash

PSD player rankings by position (Volume II)- #10 RB in the NFL

Forte

Our greatest glory is not in never failing. But rather in rising back up every time we do.

Find ya boi on twitter @MajorJensen33

vCash
    Forte will look top 5ish after this season if I had to guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    It would be ****ing dumb for anybody to trade up for a defensive end. How many games did JJ Watt, clearly the best DE in the NFL, win the Texans this year?
    LOL, yeah, if I ever finish my time machine I'll make sure not to go back and trade up for Watt. That would be a terrible idea.

vCash
    I went with Forte only because I really think he's going to thrive in a ZBS I find him very similar running style to Foster and Foster has become one of the best because of his vision in that scheme.

vCash
    It should have been Alfred Morris IMO.

This kid finished second last year in rushing yards in just his rookie season with just under 5.0 yards per carry.

He is quite possibly the toughest, most bruising RB in the game right now and is an absolute load to tackle. This dude is a tank. A mobile tank.

It regularly takes 3 or 4 defenders to take him down and he always drags them for those extra couple of yards.

He also has underratedly quick feet and shiftiness, and my guess is that he will improve in the passing game and become utilized a bit more on screen passes.

He already is an effective outside runner as is, and is obviously a beast in short yardage situations and between the tackles.

I love the kid and think he is legit.

I guess I just tend to prefer those workhorse type backs, and I have always felt that what a RB does on the ground is more important than what he does in the passing game.

Alfred Morris is a bull.
    Last edited by Wrigheyes4MVP; 08-28-2013 at 02:00 PM.

We chose Duda

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    If your coach isn't Shannananahahahann I don't see how you take Alfred Morris.

Forte is due for a big year in that offense.

Johnson looks like a bounce back player.

Richardson is a hoss who people didn't see play and looked at his stats and just assumed he was terrible.

I'd take all three over Morris next year in a standard offense. I think a lot of his average and total yards was a product of how he played.

WildWesty broke down his season and saw a LOT of flaws. Maybe he'll chime in.

It would be ****ing dumb for anybody to trade up for a defensive end. How many games did JJ Watt, clearly the best DE in the NFL, win the Texans this year?
    LOL, yeah, if I ever finish my time machine I'll make sure not to go back and trade up for Watt. That would be a terrible idea.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    It should have been Alfred Morris IMO.

This kid finished second last year in rushing yards in just his rookie season with just under 5.0 yards per carry.
    While I agree he looks like a good HB, don't underestimate the power of Shannahan's zone blocking.

Olandis Gary, Mike Anderson, Reuben Droughns, Tatum Bell all looked good/great under Shanny and did nothing thereafter.

Heck, even Clinton Portis, the guy everybody props up to say that it might not all be Shannahan had a drastic difference in production when under Shanny:

with DEN: 1,550 yds, 14 tds, 5.5 YPC average
    with WAS: 1,221 yds, 9 tds, 4.1 YPC average

I think Morris is good. But I'll wait a few seasons before I start anointing him.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmsterNat View Post
    How unsurprising. Dude, give up trying to argue with valade. He cut you into little pieces, had you for breakfast, and shat you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Valade you have totally owned this thread. Well done
    My fanbase is growing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    While I agree he looks like a good HB, don't underestimate the power of Shannahan's zone blocking.

Olandis Gary, Mike Anderson, Reuben Droughns, Tatum Bell all looked good/great under Shanny and did nothing thereafter.

Heck, even Clinton Portis, the guy everybody props up to say that it might not all be Shannahan had a drastic difference in production when under Shanny:

with DEN: 1,550 yds, 14 tds, 5.5 YPC average
    with WAS: 1,221 yds, 9 tds, 4.1 YPC average

I think Morris is good. But I'll wait a few seasons before I start anointing him.
    He turned Ron Dayne into a 5YPC back IIRC.

He made Helu and that Torain (sp?) kid get yards in chunks.

It's hard to ignore the history.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast