Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Starter at the 3: Bud or Brewer?

What are you guys thinking about this? Who do you think will win the starting spot?? I have my opinion, just want to hear some other thoughts first!

vCash
    Bud please. Adelman and him go way back and if anything the coach wants that familiarity at the start. That is if Budinger stays healthy this offseason and training camp.

vCash
    Bud fo sho. That's all I have to say.

vCash
    I'm in for Brewer with Budinger getting more minutes. For better balance.

But it's going to sort itself out anyway. Time will tell what works best.

Wolves United

vCash
    Rubio - Pass/Defense
    Martin - Scoring
    Bud - Scoring/3Pt
    Love - Scoring/Rebounding
    Pek - Def/Rebounding/Scoring (little of all)

vs.

Rubio - Pass/Defense
    Martin - Scoring
    Brewer - Defense
    Love - Scoring/Rebounding
    Pek - Def/Rebounding/Scoring

All of this is just how I kinda like to look at things. Either one works. You either get little more scoring or little more defense. Then another view point is who do you want on the 2nd team?? Who can lead the second team and can be a spark plug. JJ has been the spark and if you combine his spark and Brewer's D on that second team look out! Gonna be a fun year!! SO EXCITED!!!!
    SOMEONE SAID BIG BIRD!?

vCash
    A lot of it with Adelman is going to depend on the given opponent each night. If you need exceptional perimeter defending to have a fighting chance, then Brewer obviously has to step up his minutes and may start. However, I just don't think there's any way Brewer should be a regular starter on a contending team. Bud is super familiar with the system, is capable of at least serviceable defense, and can knock down shots and stretch the floor at a vastly superior level to Brewer.

Split the minutes 60/40 to get Brewer plenty of face time with the opponents top wing threat, but Bud starting most nights IMO.

vCash
    I thought both were projected to be players off of the bench?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bun-b09 View Post
    I thought both were projected to be players off of the bench?
    Then who is starting at SF?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aTinyPanda View Post
    A lot of it with Adelman is going to depend on the given opponent each night. If you need exceptional perimeter defending to have a fighting chance, then Brewer obviously has to step up his minutes and may start. However, I just don't think there's any way Brewer should be a regular starter on a contending team. Bud is super familiar with the system, is capable of at least serviceable defense, and can knock down shots and stretch the floor at a vastly superior level to Brewer.

Split the minutes 60/40 to get Brewer plenty of face time with the opponents top wing threat, but Bud starting most nights IMO.
    I think that the starting lineup should show some consistency on a good team. But against teams with elite wings, if Brewer is better suited to be guarding that player, Bud will play with a shorter leash no doubt, and probably see a slight reduction in minutes. As will Martin (Brewer and Bud will play together plenty).

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Williams.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

vCash
    Couldnt Shabbazz Be good enough to play there?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    Couldnt Shabbazz Be good enough to play there?
    absolutely not. I honestly think he does a few stints in the D League this year.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Shabazz for sure will do some stints in the D-League. Saunders has already said he wants to utilize the D-League to get young players minutes.

And I think Brewer should be the starter for the purpose of balancing out the roster.

vCash
    I used to think Williams, but I see it now that our only strong defense starter will be just Rubio and that's no way to stop team from scoring. Brewer, like many say...better balance. 2 defense and 3 offense to start.

vCash
    My read is on the topic is that Brewer will start. He's AK's replacement while Bud is still heat off of the bench and Martin is enough of a liability defensively to start games.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast