Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Saints trade for San Francisco 49ers OLB Parys Haralson

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf...l#incart_river

The New Orleans Saints have traded for San Francisco 49ers outside linebacker Parys Haralson, according to the San Jose Mercury News. The Saints linebacking corps has been hit with a rash of injuries this summer.

Will Smith is the latest Saints linebacker to go down, following injuries to Victor Butler, Junior Galette and Martez Wilson.

Haralson missed last season with a torn triceps, and was reported to be on the trading block this week. The Saints made a quick move after Smith left Sunday's preseason game with a knee injury, which is said to be a season ender.

The 29-year-old Haralson was a fifth round selection by the 49ers in the 2006 NFL draft. He was a full-time starter for San Francisco from 2009-2011, and has 21.5 career sacks, three forced fumbles, four fumble recoveries and 145 tackles.

Details of the trade have not been reported at this time.
    thoughts?

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

vCash
    Depends on what we gave up.

vCash
    I read 7th round pick. For a very good OLB that is a steal. We just got better, no doubt about it.

vCash
    Saints just pulled off one hell of a trade. Smith is a good ball player, but with Haralson, you're getting a guy that has been playing OLB in a 3-4 for the last 6 years and is literally in the best shape of his career. Ryan is an aggressive DC...good chance Haralson puts up double digit sacks.

For what it's worth...I would not have let the player go for less than a 3d if it weren't for cap reasons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    Saints just pulled off one hell of a trade. Smith is a good ball player, but with Haralson, you're getting a guy that has been playing OLB in a 3-4 for the last 6 years and is literally in the best shape of his career. Ryan is an aggressive DC...good chance Haralson puts up double digit sacks.

For what it's worth...I would not have let the player go for less than a 3d if it weren't for cap reasons.
    Love it, especially since all we gave up is a 7th round pick

vCash
    WOW, it was a conditional 7th round pick. Steal

http://www.canalstreetchronicles.com...und-draft-pick

vCash
    Conditional? Impressive

vCash
    I think Parys Haralson will start for us eventually due to his experience. I really think Hawthorne and Humber looked good too so far. Imo we have an ok core of LBs still not to mention the potential of Galette and Wilson who I am expecting to unleash hell this year.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    Great replacement for Will Smith.

Crazy to think that Lance Moore is only active player left from the Jim Haslett era.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Underdogz∞ View Post
    I think Parys Haralson will start for us eventually due to his experience. I really think Hawthorne and Humber looked good too so far. Imo we have an ok core of LBs still not to mention the potential of Galette and Wilson who I am expecting to unleash hell this year.
    I think the middle will be solid with Lofton and Hawthorne. OLBs worry me. Haralson was maybe the 3rd best OLB in SF (and maybe not that high) and is now likely the best OLB in New Orleans. That's an indictment on the quality of our players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iamaj:26962368
    Quote Originally Posted by Underdogz∞ View Post
    I think the middle will be solid with Lofton and Hawthorne. OLBs worry me. Haralson was maybe the 3rd best OLB in SF (and maybe not that high) and is now likely the best OLB in New Orleans. That's an indictment on the quality of our players.
    True unfortunately but wierdly we go 3 4 and now I also think we have an improved pass rush from the Dline instead of the OLBs which will be the real key. Im not sure about our DBs though and THAT could be a real issue. The DLine looks the best out of the LBs and DBs imo but its only preseason.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!