Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How many games will the Mets win?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Mets sweep

0 0%
  • The Mets win 3/4

1 20.00%
  • The Mets Split

3 60.00%
  • The Mets win 1/4

1 20.00%
  • The Mets get Swept

0 0%
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Philadelphia Phillies @ New York Mets

Philadelphia Phillies (59-71)-New York Mets (58-70)

Ball Park

Team Stats

Player Spotlight

__

Pitching Matchups

LEE: Lee was 0-4 with a 5.06 ERA in five starts before Wednesday, when he allowed nine hits, two runs and struck out six in seven innings against the Rockies. It was the first time he had allowed two runs or fewer since June 24.
    WHEELER: Since July 1, Wheeler is 5-1 with a 3.08 ERA, 49 strikeouts and 22 walks in 53 2/3 innings. In his lone start against the Phillies, Wheeler gave up two runs in 4 2/3 innings, needing 106 pitches to record 14 outs.

KENDRICK: Kendrick allowed eight hits, four runs, one walk, one home run and struck out two in five-plus innings last Wednesday against the Rockies. In a 10-start stretch dating to June 30, he is 3-7 with a 6.45 ERA.
    NIESE: Since returning from the disabled list with a partially torn left rotator cuff, Niese has posted a 2.84 ERA with 23 strikeouts in 19 innings. Niese last faced the Phillies in April, giving up one run over 6 2/3 innings.

HAMELS: Although having won only one of his last five starts, the three runs Hamels allowed in his last outing against Arizona were the most he gave up in that span. Since May 31, Hamels has lowered his ERA from 4.86 to 3.62.
    MATSUZAKA Matsuzaka struggled in his Mets debut on Friday, giving up five runs on six hits in five innings in a loss to the Tigers. The veteran right-hander is 1-0 with a 3.00 ERA in two career starts vs. the Phillies.

MARTIN: After three consecutive creditable starts, the rookie failed to get out of the first inning vs. Arizona his last time out, three walks and three hits forcing is exit with three runs in and two men on base. This is his sixth big league start.
    TORRES: Torres will take the place of Matt Harvey who will miss the remainder of the 2013 season with a partially torn UCL in his elbow.
    Like the Mets? Baseball? Sports in general? Create a free account at ProSportsDaily and join in on the conversations today. Signing up takes no time at all, and you can be on the forums posting your opinions before you know it!

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

vCash
    Sorry it's late but w.e lol

vCash
    Harvey, we know.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Brown is nice.

vCash
    Brown!

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Come on Flores!

vCash
    d'Arnaud high fives hard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    d'Arnaud high fives hard.
    Definitely lol

vCash
    I want TdA to be aggressive. He shouldn't be taking all these fastballs imo.

vCash
    Another K!

vCash
    On the bright side, Wheeler looks filthy. We need him to be a stud next year.

Rotation as of now looks like: FA pitcher, Wheeler, Niese, Mejia, Gee. Montero and Syndergaard waiting in the wings for the inevitable injury.

vCash
    Harvey
    Santana
    Marcum
    Mejia
    Hefner

Is a pretty good rotation on the DL.

The Future

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post

Rotation as of now looks like: FA pitcher, Wheeler, Niese, Mejia, Gee. Montero and Syndergaard waiting in the wings for the inevitable injury.
    I'm thinking we should sign Garza. Mashaniro Tanaka should be an option too.
    Last edited by mets100%; 08-26-2013 at 08:00 PM.

The Future

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mets100% View Post
    I'm thinking we should sign Garza. Mashaniro Tanaka should be an option too.
    I'm thinking a stop-gap like AJ Burnett or Josh Johnson. Maybe they can bring Kazmir home.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post

Bronson Arroyo is a guy I would consider, if sandy thinks we need a FA pitcher.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast