Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The War Room

vCash

The War Room

I propose we consolidate all discussion pertinent to NCAA Football and the Draft into this thread. The discussion would include prospective draftees, scouting reports, potential and hypothetical scenarios (trading down, etc.), reports of Raider scouting, and general NCAA discussion throughout the season.

vCash
    Clowney

And you are what your record says you are.
    Sure liked the two years before DA and RM 1 game away from playoffs.
    And some say we are better off today.

vCash
    Hundley in 2015.

vCash
    Clowney. Build a defense that only needs an average, game amanaging QB to win (2000 ravens, 2002 bucaneers)
    Last edited by Raidr85; 08-28-2013 at 05:17 AM.

vCash
    I'm adding Tajh Boyd to the list of QB's to monitor.

vCash
    Teddy Bridgewater please!
    GIFSoup
    Coming to an ACC court near you.

vCash
    Fresno State senior QB Derek Carr completed 52 of 73 passes for 456 yards, five touchdowns and one interception in Thursday's 52-51 overtime against Rutgers.

Marqise Lee tops 100 yds despite poor QB play
    USC junior WR Marqise Lee caught eight passes for 104 yards against Hawaii on Thursday.

South Carolina junior DE Jadeveon Clowney registered three tackles and three QB hits against UNC on Thursday.

Many will question Clowney motor and stamina in the coming days, since he was obviously winded in the sweltering heat in Columbia. The stud defensive end was on and off the field after the first quarter, but admitted to an illness that emerged in the last 24 hours. Even though Clowney did not register a tackle for loss his impact was extremely evident, forcing the Tar Heels to run the majority of plays in the opposite direction. Larry Fedora seemed rattled, or at the least cautiously aware, by Clowney's presence from the opening kickoff.
    Raiders Keith McGill

PSD Mock Draft Raiders GM
    1st Anothony Barr OLB UCLA
    2nd Dominique Easley DT University of Florida
    3rd Antonio Richardson, OT, Tennessee
    4th Bashaud Breeland, CB, Clemson
    4th Jordan Zumwalt ILB/OLB UCLA
    5th Justin Ellis, DT, Louisiana Tech
    5th Richard Rodgers, TE, California
    5th Vinnie Sunseri, S, Alabama
    6th Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska
    7th Terrance Mitchell, CB, Oregon
    7th Keith Wenning, QB, Ball State

vCash
    I like that QB from San Jose St.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    I like that QB from San Jose St.
    Im a big fan of Fales. Solid pocket passer. Makes nice throws. Always looking to get the ball downfield. Hope he is at least on the Raiders radar. He will be a solid pick for whoever drafts him.
    Raiders Keith McGill

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    Fresno State senior QB Derek Carr completed 52 of 73 passes for 456 yards, five touchdowns and one interception in Thursday's 52-51 overtime against Rutgers.
    Fools gold.

I'd say at least 20-30 of those 'completions' were check-downs, swing passes and WR screens. The rules for what an offensive line can block downfield are literally different in college - that stuff can't work in the NFL the way it does at Fresno State.

He's got a big arm, no doubt, but don't get excited by his stats -- it's nonsense.

Totally unrelated - WTF was Kyle Flood thinking...?

vCash
    Stephen Morris is in action tonight. He is another intriguing QB that has gained momentum in draft stock heading into the season. I know Shred likes him. I am a Hurricanes fan so I am obviously aware of his abilities. He certainly warrants monitoring.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    Fools gold.

I'd say at least 20-30 of those 'completions' were check-downs, swing passes and WR screens. The rules for what an offensive line can block downfield are literally different in college - that stuff can't work in the NFL the way it does at Fresno State.

He's got a big arm, no doubt, but don't get excited by his stats -- it's nonsense.

Totally unrelated - WTF was Kyle Flood thinking...?
    Yea I know. Still the man has talent. Even franchise QB skills. Hes not as well known as his brother was but it would be fullish for the Raiders to not check him out.

I dont know. Just plays make you well known. The same play different results make you disliked haha.
    Raiders Keith McGill

vCash
    Dream scenario is we are in for a long season is the number one overall pick. Trade 1st pick down to the 4-5 range receive multiple picks in 2014 including a first in 2015. Take Anthony Barr with the top 5 pick. Trade up to the mid first and take David fales. Still have multiple picks to build a team. In FA sign one stud on defense, and a number 1 WR for the rookie. Spend big on those two guys. Then find solid starters on decent deals as well.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    It's just so early to specify a particular wish for a player, especially in the 2nd round. So much will change and our perspectives will be drastically changing throughout the season. I guess that's the fun of the thread.

As of today, I really like Tajh Boyd as a potential slider due to his height. Obviously, Bridgewater is THE QB, but I have Boyd at #2 in a very promising crop including Hundley, Morris, Manziel (character concerns), Murray, etc. Mariota offers intrigue as well.

My dream scenario may be Clowney AND a QB. Of course, the best possibility is having Pryor negate the need for a QB, but I can only offer what is felt on this exact date.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    Dream scenario is we are in for a long season is the number one overall pick. Trade 1st pick down to the 4-5 range receive multiple picks in 2014 including a first in 2015. Take Anthony Barr with the top 5 pick. Trade up to the mid first and take David fales. Still have multiple picks to build a team. In FA sign one stud on defense, and a number 1 WR for the rookie. Spend big on those two guys. Then find solid starters on decent deals as well.
    My dream scenario if we picked first was trade down from 1 to 5 for several firsts a 2nd and a mid next year. Trade from 5 to 12 for another 1st next year another 2nd and a 4th round this year.

Draft Fales at 12.
    2nd. Jordan Mathews WR
    2nd. Trent Murphy DE/OLB
    2nd. Stephon Tuitt, DE/DT
    3rd. Cyril Richardson, G/OT
    Then bpa.

OF course that is a dream scenario. Im not a big guy on trading down twice. Just dont see teams wanting to pay what it would take to go from 12 to 1 so I did a double trade. Then draft maybe a RB,CB,LB or S with the other picks. Plus with the trading down we should have 3 first next year and 2 the year after. That would allow the franchise to real in sold rookie talent along with bolstering the roster with FA's as well.
    Raiders Keith McGill