Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Chicago , IL
    Posts
    17,202
    vCash
    1500

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    54,417
    vCash
    1500
    I don't think he could be a stretch 4 full-time...but against smaller lineups, playing the match ups, etc...sure.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,507
    vCash
    1500
    In spurts, absolutely. The NBA no longer has centers.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    16,018
    vCash
    1500
    Deng could absolutely play that role but our advantage over teams like Miami is size. Once Deng plays the 4, we lose the edge.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    13,953
    vCash
    1500
    I have allways beleived he could, there are plenty of teams that go small durring spurts.


    ‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

    -Rem Koolhaas

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Chicago , IL
    Posts
    17,202
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggz53 View Post
    Deng could absolutely play that role but our advantage over teams like Miami is size. Once Deng plays the 4, we lose the edge.
    Not really , if you add either Mike or Snell in the line up with Deng at the 4 we would still be big . Snell being 6'7 and Mike 6'9 . Boozer is the same height as Mike and Deng ; only difference is he adds muscle while they add length . Case could be made the floor stretching is better and defense as well .

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    16,018
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunnerko123 View Post
    Not really , if you add either Mike or Snell in the line up with Deng at the 4 we would still be big . Snell being 6'7 and Mike 6'9 . Boozer is the same height as Mike and Deng ; only difference is he adds muscle while they add length . Case could be made the floor stretching is better and defense as well .
    Tall doesn't mean big. Physicality, skill, and height for rebounding and offense in the post is what matters in terms of size. You will never see Snell or Dunleavy posting up anyone in your life. Again, that has nothing to do with our current advantage against Miami. Putting Deng at the 4 is just trying to play their game, and we aren't good enough to beat them at their own game.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Chicago , IL
    Posts
    17,202
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggz53 View Post
    Tall doesn't mean big. Physicality, skill, and height for rebounding and offense in the post is what matters in terms of size. You will never see Snell or Dunleavy posting up anyone in your life. Again, that has nothing to do with our current advantage against Miami. Putting Deng at the 4 is just trying to play their game, and we aren't good enough to beat them at their own game.
    We hardly post up regardless though , Boozer been playing away from the basket I think alot more here than in Utah because he's with a different Center . We're still big that's what I'm saying and physical due to our teams defensive mindset that won't change . Boozer always gets taken out in the 4th because of defense and we lose his offense because Taj comes in . With that being said Rose , Jimmy , Mike , Deng and Noah closing some games isn't bad it all depends on the matchups . They lineup I just posted is the most balanced offense / defense. And I disagree at beating them at their own game we never faced them at full strength to even know if we're good enough to beat them at their own game so you can't say that . If they go small we do match up well at the positions


    Rose / Cole or Chalmers

    Mike / Allen

    Jimmy / Wade

    Deng / Bron

    Noah / Bosh


    We all know and seen what past rosters have done with the other lineups and we failed . I see the Heat playing more big boy ball this year anyway . Either way you look at it this Bulls roster is capable of playing Small and Big
    Last edited by Stunner; 08-25-2013 at 08:47 PM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,865
    vCash
    1500
    Deng can play PF especially against the Heat, who plays Bron at PF. D.Rose, Jimmy, MDJ, Deng and Noah aren't as small playing the small ball.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,809
    vCash
    1500
    Size is not an issue with Deng being a stretch 4. His problem is the inconsistency of his perimeter shot. He is very streaky, and more games then not he struggles from the perimeter. When he first came in the league he was a very good mid-range shooter who also cut well to the basket. Over the last 5 or so seasons he decided to stand behind the three point line most of the time and he just isn't a good enough shooter from out there. Now he seems to have lost his mid-range consistency. It may be because the mileage on his legs over the years have worn him down, he does seem to shoot much better early in the season compared to late. I would really like to see the Deng from his early years, the one who cuts without the ball and hits the mid-range shot. IMO the three point shot has hurt him on the offensive end.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    13,953
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggz53 View Post
    Tall doesn't mean big. Physicality, skill, and height for rebounding and offense in the post is what matters in terms of size. You will never see Snell or Dunleavy posting up anyone in your life. Again, that has nothing to do with our current advantage against Miami. Putting Deng at the 4 is just trying to play their game, and we aren't good enough to beat them at their own game.
    I agree with this 100%, alot of team will jump and put a SF like Deng at PF, making him guard lebron who is technicaly their 4 alot of the time, with Bosh at the 5, Shane at the 3, Wade at the 2 and one of the two PG at the 1, but the fact is, at this point in his carear, shane is nothing more than a defensive jump shooter, hell, as long as boozer doesnt have to leave him to help, he could defend him at this point, leaving us with the advantave offensivly, the thing I think that is diferent this year however is that now with Deng/Jimmy being arguably the best defensive duo in the league, Jimmy being the #2 defesive player arguably, we can leave Jimmy on James, Deng on Wade, and leave the rest to really comit to those peski jump shooters such as Ray allen or Shane Batier, hell, I dont care who you are neither of them are beating you off the drible, Noah, Taj, Boozer or Nazr could defend them at this point, the keys are not leaving them open where they can go for 15 on 5/6 shooting from 3. thats how they hurt you.


    ‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

    -Rem Koolhaas

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    13,953
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunnerko123 View Post
    We hardly post up regardless though , Boozer been playing away from the basket I think alot more here than in Utah because he's with a different Center . We're still big that's what I'm saying and physical due to our teams defensive mindset that won't change . Boozer always gets taken out in the 4th because of defense and we lose his offense because Taj comes in . With that being said Rose , Jimmy , Mike , Deng and Noah closing some games isn't bad it all depends on the matchups . They lineup I just posted is the most balanced offense / defense. And I disagree at beating them at their own game we never faced them at full strength to even know if we're good enough to beat them at their own game so you can't say that . If they go small we do match up well at the positions


    Rose / Cole or Chalmers

    Mike / Allen

    Jimmy / Wade

    Deng / Bron

    Noah / Bosh


    We all know and seen what past rosters have done with the other lineups and we failed . I see the Heat playing more big boy ball this year anyway . Either way you look at it this Bulls roster is capable of playing Small and Big
    but we loose the bigest thing we have against them, rebounding, I understand that that is a strategy but I just dont think its the smart one. like I said, whichever of Allen and Shane they have in Boozer/Taj can guard with length, Allen is a bit shaky due to his ability to run around outside, but shane cant break anyone off the drible and neither can Allen.


    ‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

    -Rem Koolhaas

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    2,086
    vCash
    1500
    I think we are actually built better for Miami than a team like the Nets. Reason being is size. If the Heat have Bosh playing Center we can basically play Noah or Taj at Center. We have the best combo of Butler/Deng to Guard Wade/Lebron. And we have a big advantage at PG that can virtually wash out the Heats advantage with Lebron. If we can play Butler on Lebron and he can hold him to the numbers he held him to in the playoffs, than Rose can easily wash out Lebron and from that point we have advantages all around!!!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,901
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    I think we are actually built better for Miami than a team like the Nets. Reason being is size. If the Heat have Bosh playing Center we can basically play Noah or Taj at Center. We have the best combo of Butler/Deng to Guard Wade/Lebron. And we have a big advantage at PG that can virtually wash out the Heats advantage with Lebron. If we can play Butler on Lebron and he can hold him to the numbers he held him to in the playoffs, than Rose can easily wash out Lebron and from that point we have advantages all around!!!
    Nets are definitely built better for Miami. They are bigger than us, have more scorers than us, and have 3 ball handlers in the starting lineup. Miami loves to trap and they have 3 smart ball handlers to get them out. Hear is what it comes down to. Does D-will ankles hold up. Will JJ disappear in theplayoffs. How healthy can Brooklyn keep PP and KG and will keeping them healthy put them in a bad enough seed that when they finally do get to Miami; how worn down will PP and KG be. Can Lopez duplicate his production from last season anddare I say be even better. They already have a pretty good bench in terry, AK47, Evans, and Blatch.

    Are they bbetter tHan us? IMO no, but they definitely could be.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    25,857
    vCash
    54192
    1) Williams should be good to go (i don't think his ankles will be an on-going problem until later in his career)
    2) Joe Johnson disappears EVERY playoffs
    3) to me, Garnett's the real wildcard
    4) Lopez will probably display similar levels of production

    I think the Nets will end up the 4th seed. CHI/MIA/IND will garner the top 3 spots, and the Knicks will take a step back because I don't anticipate Melo to have another season like he did last year

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •