Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Believe it or not!

I can not believe it! How many other players have been missed too?

One particularly endearing bit: “In 2004, I was part of the NBA athlete selection process, the Draft. I’ll never forget the day I was selected. There was a camera filming who was chosen and when it came to the Lakers, the camera zoomed in my direction. It was one of the world’s biggest teams and my manager began to celebrate. I jumped up, kissed and hugged everyone, and then I saw that, in fact, it was the guy sitting behind me who had been chosen. What a cold shower!” The player who upstaged Varejao? Sasha Vujacic, who was selected by the Lakers just three spots ahead of Varejao. SI.com
    Read more at http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#LQ4w7KSDF0Mwzkuw.99
    The future?

vCash
    Another shortsighted thread.

What about the 12 teams in 1996 that didn't select Kobe Bryant before we garnered a deal with Charlotte?

Steve Nash? 15th pick in the same draft?

"Push off Kevin, I'm the starting PF on this team."
    "Not for long Buddy, not for long."

vCash
    I really wished you didn't share this story. Now I am sitting here thinking about what ifs.....

If the Lakers had Varejao, would they have had a better chance against that Boston Team....?

m.h.a.b.a. 2013

vCash
    the machine..

PLAN B

SIM LEAGUE NETS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownUnder View Post
    Another shortsighted thread.

What about the 12 teams in 1996 that didn't select Kobe Bryant before we garnered a deal with Charlotte?

Steve Nash? 15th pick in the same draft?
    That is the difference between cupcake and West perhaps.
    The future?

vCash
    No, you're right. West did after all get us Gasol for steak knives. Didn't he?

Never mind. The point is, drafting is sometimes pure speculation. We needed a SG in that spot, not a C/PF. Sasha was rated at the position, and played well initially. People didn't want to take a chance on a high school kid in 1996 and now 17 years later they are being made to pay.

Anyway, what has sideshow Bob done? Rings? Sasha, rings?

"Push off Kevin, I'm the starting PF on this team."
    "Not for long Buddy, not for long."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Odominator View Post
    I really wished you didn't share this story. Now I am sitting here thinking about what ifs.....

If the Lakers had Varejao, would they have had a better chance against that Boston Team....?
    No, because if would have gotten Varejao we might not have gotten Bynum, and Bynum helped us beat the Magic and Celtics, and besides, Sasha played really well in that 2008 season

vCash
    In every draft there is always should have, would have and could haves. We could look back at almost every draft and point some of those out. In defense of Sasha, While not exactly being his biggest fan....In 08', 09' and 10' he had some pretty big games for us and definitely provided us with some spark off the bench. I didn't really appreciate his contributions until he was gone.

vCash
    We won 2 rings with sasha. PERIOD

vCash
    The Machine was pretty good for a year or three but he did get schooled by Ray Allen when it counted.

I just remember the consistency with him. Phil would point one of those sausage fingers in Sasha's direction and he'd give 15 or 20 minutes of defense and draining 3's. Too many minutes and he lost his effectiveness but give him that sweet spot and he was solid.

Then he started dating a beautiful tennis goddess, had 30 million in the bank and started to get soft.

vCash
    ...and what if the Trailblazers selected a guy named Jordan? the past is the past... let it go...

vCash
    Isaiah Jamar Thomas (junior)....Final pick in 2011 draft
    We took Darius Morris, Andrew Goudelock and Chukwudiebere Maduabum before he was gone....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pierre The Poet:26942785
    Quote Originally Posted by Odominator View Post

No, because if would have gotten Varejao we might not have gotten Bynum, and Bynum helped us beat the Magic and Celtics, and besides, Sasha played really well in that 2008 season
    Bynum was hurt against the Magic. It was Pau who held it down..
    And Dacos I believe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MT2A:26957403
    ...and what if the Trailblazers selected a guy named Jordan? the past is the past... let it go...
    Or Durant over Oden.

Haha. That franchise has drafted poorly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by New Power House View Post
    I can not believe it! How many other players have been missed too?

One particularly endearing bit: “In 2004, I was part of the NBA athlete selection process, the Draft. I’ll never forget the day I was selected. There was a camera filming who was chosen and when it came to the Lakers, the camera zoomed in my direction. It was one of the world’s biggest teams and my manager began to celebrate. I jumped up, kissed and hugged everyone, and then I saw that, in fact, it was the guy sitting behind me who had been chosen. What a cold shower!” The player who upstaged Varejao? Sasha Vujacic, who was selected by the Lakers just three spots ahead of Varejao. SI.com
    Read more at http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#LQ4w7KSDF0Mwzkuw.99
    Yup, it's sickening how bad Mitch is at drafting players. The only reason he is still our GM is because of what a company man *** kiss he is to Jim Buss. Just placate Jimmy's ego and you are the man around here. If you are like Phil and you actually know what you are doing and want to do things right regardless of how bad Jim's ideas are... You are exiled.