Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

For the first time in his career, Cain placed on DL

#SFGiants have placed RHP Matt Cain on the 15-day disabled list with a contusion on his right forearm.
    - SF Giants

Petit recalled.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    I am glad its not serious, im glad he is getting rest

vCash
    Thank god. Shut him down for the year.

Limit bumgarners use as well. Those two need to be saved for next year. Everyone else who cares.

vCash
    Seriously. No point keeping Bumgarner in a game for 100+ pitches at this point, or really for his past few starts.

vCash
    I agree with limiting Bumgarner and Cain's innings but we have no one to eat Cain's innings if we shut him down. Not unless we find someone through the waiver wire. Dan Haren cleared waivers and can be traded to any team. Why not try him out for a month and have first crack at signing him? I think innings finally caught up to him and is just two seasons removed from finishing 7th in the CY voting. He's prone to the long ball but I think AT&T would help that. He still has an excellent 5.09 SO/BB. I'm positive it wouldn't take much to get him. Haren in the mid-to-backend of the rotation looks good to me.

Would you trust a blind scout? Of course you wouldn't but that's what you do when you simply go by stats
    Splifftone, OptiskeptSF and Ciaban have a lot in common

vCash
    We have plenty of horrible relievers to throw out for a few innings, look at the great work Mijares did last night.

vCash
    Ha, even our horrible relievers are getting taxed.

Would you trust a blind scout? Of course you wouldn't but that's what you do when you simply go by stats
    Splifftone, OptiskeptSF and Ciaban have a lot in common

vCash
    With Bochy, every reliever gets taxed.

vCash
    I'm glad they're being super cautious with Cain, absolutely no reason to take any chances.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leandres_sf View Post
    With Bochy, every reliever gets taxed.
    What's crazy is Kontos hasn't pitched since July 22nd and he still has the 2nd most IP (1ip behind ROMO) in the bullpen this year.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    What's crazy is Kontos hasn't pitched since July 22nd and he still has the 2nd most IP (1ip behind ROMO) in the bullpen this year.
    You know what they say, Bochy happens.

vCash
    shut him down... not in playoff run so no neeed to rush him back