Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who wins this series?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jays Sweep

0 0%
  • Jays take 2/3

2 28.57%
  • Astros Sweep

3 42.86%
  • Astros take 2/3

2 28.57%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Jays vs Astros - August 23-25

Toronto Blue Jays

Vs

Houston Astros

Friday August 23, 8:10

Todd Redmond (1-1, 3.32 ERA) vs Jordan Lyles (5-6, 5.19 ERA)

Redmond will be making his eighth start of the season and only the ninth of his career. On Sunday against Tampa Bay, Redmond held the Rays to one run on six hits over six-plus innings.
    Lyles will make his second career start against Toronto. He received a no-decision on July 26 allowing four runs in five innings. Lyles came in relief and earned his first career hold Sunday against the Angels.
    Saturday August 24, 7:10 PM

TBA vs Brad Peacock (2-4, 5.59 ERA)

Peacock will make his first career start against the Blue Jays. The rookie allowed two runs in 6 1/3 innings against the Angels Friday in his second win this season.
    Sunday August 25, 2:10 PM

Mark Buehrle (9-7, 4.23 ERA) vs Dalls Kuechel (5-7, 5.11 ERA)

Buehrle has become the Blue Jays' most reliable pitcher this season after overcoming a slow start to the year. He has posted a 3.19 ERA since May 22 and has allowed more than three runs just once since July 20.
    Keuchel will make his first career start against Toronto. He's 3-3 with a 2.95 ERA in 10 starts at Minute Maid Park. The left-hander allowed four runs in four innings in a no decision Saturday against the Angels.

All info taken from bluejays.com

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

This sums up every sports interview, ever.

vCash
    well, lucky for the jays, they are playing the Astros. So they should be able to break out of this mini losing streak.

vCash
    Was it noted anywhere that Maicer is headed to the DL and Ryan Goins is called up?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dol-Fan View Post
    Was it noted anywhere that Maicer is headed to the DL and Ryan Goins is called up?
    If a tree falls and no one's around to hear it does it make a sound?

Any guesses on TBA? Has Nolin pitched well enough to garner another shot? Any possibility it might be Stroman?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dol-Fan View Post
    We seem to be in Sept. mode a little early!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by killersweet View Post
    well, lucky for the jays, they are playing the Astros. So they should be able to break out of this mini losing streak.
    Are you sure we are the lucky ones!.

vCash
    Lets go Astros!!

vCash
    tank is way to go

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009mvp View Post
    If a tree falls and no one's around to hear it does it make a sound?

Any guesses on TBA? Has Nolin pitched well enough to garner another shot? Any possibility it might be Stroman?
    Stroman pitched yesterday so it's not him. Nolin has been good in AA and is due to start tomorrow for Buffalo. Against the Astros, he's a possibility.

vCash
    Now we'll see how bad the Jays are. I wonder what their cost per win is this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wagnall View Post
    Are you sure we are the lucky ones!.
    well played! At this point, I am totally confused! I still long for the team to play well to finish the season strong so that we can have something positive to build on for next year. Cuz looks like most likely we'll keep the same team with minor moves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by superfio View Post
    tank is way to go
    I know tanking plays a key role in the NBA/NHL, when they have a top heavy draft. But how much of value does it hold in MLB drafts? Are there sure fire guys coming up next year who will go top 3? I always thought baseball drafts are very deep, that you can find the best player in the draft even late.

vCash
    Aaaand of course it's Chein Ming Wang tomorrow. Because **** you handful of people still watching this trainwreck says the club, always and forever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by killersweet View Post
    I know tanking plays a key role in the NBA/NHL, when they have a top heavy draft. But how much of value does it hold in MLB drafts? Are there sure fire guys coming up next year who will go top 3? I always thought baseball drafts are very deep, that you can find the best player in the draft even late.
    Bautista was drafted in the 20th round. Piazza was drafted in 62nd round as a favor to someone. I do not follow the NBA too much but it seems like the top talent is at the top and rarely drafted towards the end. In Baseball I'm going to say it depends on scouting AND developing players.

As a Jays fan we will always hear about Romero being drafted right before Tulowitzki. Chris Sale was also drafted after Deck McGuire a couple of years ago, so you never know. Hope that helps.

vCash
    Baseball is the same as in any other sport. A Top 10 pick is going to have a significantly higher chance of becoming an impact player than a late first rounder. A Top 3 pick is going to be even more likely than a Top 10 pick.

The amount of players drafted into baseball means that there is legitimate possibility to find players anywhere; but that doesn't change the fact that higher is always better. Go look at the history of #1 overall picks vs. say #3 overall picks.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast