Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Who is gonna be your surprise cut this training camp?

Who is gonna be your surprise cut this training camp? I think we already did this with our two ILB's in cutting Desmond Bishop And DJ Smith. But they will be making some more surprise moves. Make a prediction and expand on it if you want.
    NFC Here we come!

vCash
    Originally I was thinking John Kuhn, but they brought in zero competition for his roster spot. My only thinking is they eliminate a true fullback and just go with Matthew Mulligan or Andrew Quarless back there. I don't see it happening. But I'd think they'd atleast be scrolling through the first round of cuts to see if they could bring somebody in quickly for a week. That all being said, I still think he makes the team.

My pick is gonna be DJ Williams. For some reason he just doesn't show up on game day, even though you hear all the time they want to get him more involved in the offense. Free agent acquisition Matthew Mulligan appears to be the Packers best run-blocking tight end and will probably make the team with a specific role in the run game. Third-year man Ryan Taylor is one of the Packers best special teams players and has some potential in the passing game and the Packer brass love him. DJ just hasn't shined in any games yet. And he's had two plus years to do so. I think Quarless if healthy is just a better player. Finley is a given. Brandon Bostick and Jake Stoneburner appear to be better receiving threats than Williams. Bostick has quietly been having a really good camp and his reps on the team have increased recently. And we seen Stoneburner make a nice td reception. The problem with Williams is that he’s failed to carve out a specific niche on the team like the other tight ends have up to this point. I think or predict that Stoneburner or Bostick beat him out for the final spot.
    NFC Here we come!

vCash
    Nobody I could name for GB would surprise anyone.

But I guess uh.....yeah I don't know. DJW like cooters said is a good one. I think Jeremy Ross could be cut.

I thought DuJuan Harris a while ago but they're treating him like hte best RB on the team still.

#YOTTO BABY COME BACK!!!!!!! #YOTTO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Nobody I could name for GB would surprise anyone.

But I guess uh.....yeah I don't know. DJW like cooters said is a good one. I think Jeremy Ross could be cut.

I thought DuJuan Harris a while ago but they're treating him like hte best RB on the team still.
    I think Bush is as close to getting cut as he's ever been, only because we are one corner deeper. But I think he still makes it because of his punt return coverage skill. Jeremy Ross needs to pick it up. What about Marshall Newhouse? Datko looking good as a backup, and I think Barclay wins the RT job. And if Bulaga comes back at mid year, wouldn't completely shock me.
    NFC Here we come!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cooters22 View Post
    I think Bush is as close to getting cut as he's ever been, only because we are one corner deeper. But I think he still makes it because of his punt return coverage skill. Jeremy Ross needs to pick it up. What about Marshall Newhouse? Datko looking good as a backup, and I think Barclay wins the RT job. And if Bulaga comes back at mid year, wouldn't completely shock me.
    Bush should be cut and I haven't really ever said that.

I'd pay Newhouse the change as the swing. I trust him to not be as bad as a complete nobody.

I don't like how in the GB forum the guys we want cut Bush, Cros, Newhouse, Kuhn. It's all about money. You'd think they were writing the checks. BUT WE CAN ROLL THAT CAP OVER.

Ted and Co know how to handle the cap.

We could easily keep all 4.

vCash
    DJ Williams wouldn't be that much of a surprise. I read on roto that he is very likely to be released. My surprise cut would be Dujuan Harris.
    My 2014 Adopted Packer: Blow Job Raji

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese12 View Post
    DJ Williams wouldn't be that much of a surprise. I read on roto that he is very likely to be released. My surprise cut would be Dujuan Harris.
    I said that.

vCash
    Yeah, I don't think DJ Williams would be much of a surprise. We have too many TEs, and I just don't know if he's earned a spot. Lots of potential though imo.

I could see Bush getting cut, but it would still be a surprise to me just because he always seems like he could be cut but survives. He's an ace special team player and has managed to stick this long. Having to compete against Hyde and House for a spot could spell the end for him though...

Ross is another good one, too. We've got a lot of WRs making just as good (if not better) a claim at the #5 spot as him.
    2014 Adopt-a-Packer: Micah Hyde

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    I said that.
    Well i think he will be the surprise cut. I think it has to be one of the running backs. Starks wouldn't be that much of a surprise and Green would be a little bit of a surprise.

vCash
    Well i think he will be the surprise cut. I think it has to be one of the running backs. Starks wouldn't be that much of a surprise and Green would be a little bit of a surprise.
    Busting your balls.

vCash
    Kuhn would kind of surprise me. Maybe at this point Young getting cut would be a bit of surprise with the way they are saying MM is loving his style. House might be a surprise cut with the way he hasn't been up to par.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    Kuhn would kind of surprise me. Maybe at this point Young getting cut would be a bit of surprise with the way they are saying MM is loving his style. House might be a surprise cut with the way he hasn't been up to par.
    that would definitely surprise me....heres one....what if pickett got cut. that would be a surprise.
    the packers have so much talent...

vCash
    Quite a few.
    Kuhn
    House
    Harris

All would surprise me. Starks/Green/DJW would not.
    The Quest For Lombardi
    Bringin' It Back Home

Where It All Began

vCash
    When is first cuts?
    The Quest For Lombardi
    Bringin' It Back Home

Where It All Began

vCash
    Rodgers

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast