Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Trading Verlander

I understand that he was the best pitcher on the planet last year, but you can tell that he isn't the same Verlander. He is going to keep declining like any other pitcher that ages and I think we should try to trade while he still is a good pitcher.

I just don't see him being the same pitcher he used to be and his contract is gonna hurt us.

I also don't see DD having the balls to trade him.

vCash
    Like it or not we are stuck with JV. I'm hoping its just a down season. But he has a lot of innings in the books. Look whats happened to CC Sabathia. Yes he's older and a bigger pitcher but he's thrown 220 plus innings every year and a crap load of pitches. Its caught up to him as well. Right now I'm writing it off as a bad season. It happens. Look at Cole Hamels, Lincecum and Matt Cain. But if April of 2014 comes and goes like this past season I'll be very nervous.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    im actually open to it especially with Scherzer / Sanchez turning into aces. and your right he is only gonna get worse and we will need the $$. obviously justifying this proposal depends on how much we could get in return if we can get a few big pieces then yeah id do it. Ever since the whole Kate Upton distraction he's gone downhill

vCash
    I've been saying we should trade him for at least a year, unfortunately we signed him to that awful extension so unless we take on money we might have to almost give him away. Hell, if we could be guaranteed to keep Scherzer, Jackson and Cabrera by doing so why not? It would be nice to get the Yankees, Red Sox or Dodgers to take Fielder and Verlander off our hands for nothing in return, that's $50 million per off the books and we could fill some holes this winter like 2B, LF, bullpen etc... Move Cabby back to 1B and Castellanos back to 3rd.

vCash
    He is flat out garbage right now and he doesn't look comfortable on the mound. I wouldn't be surprised if he's hiding an injury.

SC, if you've been saying that then a kudos to you.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

vCash
    SC has an aversion to any contract longer than 2 seasons...I can vouch for him that he did not want to extend Verlander for Monopoly money.
    They call me
    Mister Fister

2013 Regular Season stats:

(14-9)

32 GP, 32 GS, 1 CG, 207.2 IP, 228 H, 91 R, 85 ER, 14 HR, 44 BB, 158 K,

1.31WHIP, .281 BAA, 3.68 ERA

vCash
    I'm really hoping its just injury. That can be recovered from, if its regression we are going to be in trouble.

I'm not against trading JV if it means freeing up space for Max, Jackson, and so on. Although trading him now will not be getting the max value for him.

vCash
    Trading JV won't happen. Nobody will want to take on that contract unless we take other peoples bad contracts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lizardking13 View Post
    Trading JV won't happen. Nobody will want to take on that contract unless we take other peoples bad contracts.
    Carl Crawford?
    Pujols, Hamilton and ARod I would pass on but anybody else I think I would swap 'em out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sc8581 View Post
    Carl Crawford?
    Pujols, Hamilton and ARod I would pass on but anybody else I think I would swap 'em out.
    Crawford would be very interesting, but he's old too. And I beleive he's got like 4 years left.

I'm currently in closer agreement to LFLOL. I'm attributing this year to a hidden injury or just a plain out down year. Pitchers have had bad years and recovered before. Why can't that happen to Verlander. We've seen a few damn good starts from him this year. I believe he had no hitters through 6 or 7 inning twice already. Granted thos happened back in Spring, but still.

Every week something different is wrong. Some days he's got his fastball going and his changeup sucks. Other days his cureball just completely misses it's spots. He isn't having the exact same issue every start...I think that is actually a good sign. Maybe he's pressing now.... Maybe after being the greatest pitcher in the majors for 2 straight years then getting a gigantic contract totally threw him off...maybe...

Or maybe I'm full of **** and Verlander's career is over. Either way we'll find out soon enough.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lizardking13 View Post
    Crawford would be very interesting, but he's old too. And I beleive he's got like 4 years left.

I'm currently in closer agreement to LFLOL. I'm attributing this year to a hidden injury or just a plain out down year. Pitchers have had bad years and recovered before. Why can't that happen to Verlander. We've seen a few damn good starts from him this year. I believe he had no hitters through 6 or 7 inning twice already. Granted thos happened back in Spring, but still.

Every week something different is wrong. Some days he's got his fastball going and his changeup sucks. Other days his cureball just completely misses it's spots. He isn't having the exact same issue every start...I think that is actually a good sign. Maybe he's pressing now.... Maybe after being the greatest pitcher in the majors for 2 straight years then getting a gigantic contract totally threw him off...maybe...

Or maybe I'm full of **** and Verlander's career is over. Either way we'll find out soon enough.
    I don't appreciate you calling Crawford old seeing how he was born on the same day as me lol.