Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23

Thread: Trade stuckey!!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    90
    vCash
    1500

    Trade stuckey!!

    I think it's time to move on from stuckey. Just doesn't fit out team anymore. If we sport this frontcourt of moose,dre, and smith it means we need a SG that can shoot. And that's KCP I like KCP his defense looks good and his speed looks very promising. Not a superstar potential guy but a very good player potentially. I say we trade stuckey with either jerebko or singler about a month or two into the season. Enough time for KCP to get adjusted to the NBA a lil. I say we use stuckey to try and get back into the first round of this draft. There will be some talent available around 15-20 like Aaron harrison. That would be a very high talent fr us to get in return for stuckey that fits out style of play better.

    Just my opinion, but I think most if u agree stuckey needs to go but some of u think we should let his contract expire and use the money in free agency. I just think this adds to our young core and either KCP or harrison could take off and we have a legit SG

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    7,884
    vCash
    1500
    Dumars is clearly trying to but it will probably have to wait till the deadline when someone will want his expiring.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    64,659
    vCash
    2300
    I agree he'll be gone by the deadline. He'll start the season as our 6th man and once KCP gets comfortable he'll take over that role.



    Catches: 8 Yards: 80 TDs: 1

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    1,162
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    I agree he'll be gone by the deadline. He'll start the season as our 6th man and once KCP gets comfortable he'll take over that role.
    So who do you think starts at SG? If not KCP or Stuckey, would it be Billups? I'm just not sure that's our best situation. Yes, he can shoot, but he can't handle starters minutes, lacks defensively against quicker and younger players and it would give us one of the smallest starting back courts in the league.


    "Lions, Tigers and Pistons, OH MY!" (and Hoosiers...and Redwings....)

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    64,659
    vCash
    2300
    Quote Originally Posted by iu92grad View Post
    So who do you think starts at SG? If not KCP or Stuckey, would it be Billups? I'm just not sure that's our best situation. Yes, he can shoot, but he can't handle starters minutes, lacks defensively against quicker and younger players and it would give us one of the smallest starting back courts in the league.
    The way I see it Billups does start but starting in name only...if that makes sense. I think in the end Stuckey, Chauncey, and KCP all end up playing around the same amount of minutes so nobody technically has the "upper-hand" in terms of play time.



    Catches: 8 Yards: 80 TDs: 1

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,760
    vCash
    1500
    I agree. Let's trade him for the best possible package we can get back for him.
    Favourite Teams:

    Boston Red Sox: Disappointing regular season, hoping for good things in 2015.
    Indianapolis Colts: 5-2, Week 8 vs. Steelers
    Dallas Mavericks: New team, hoping for good things this season.
    Ottawa Senators: 4-1-0, games this week vs. Toronto, New Jersey, Chicago

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    90
    vCash
    1500
    I would love to get a 1st rounder back if possible

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Blink's Mind
    Posts
    1,257
    vCash
    1500
    unless we trade him for starting caliber SG or SF which i highly doubt we'd get, I rather just hold on to him (same with CV) and have that $$ come off OUR books, theres much better FA's to sign than there is good players on the block

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,160
    vCash
    2500
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkeyePride View Post
    I think it's time to move on from stuckey. Just doesn't fit out team anymore. If we sport this frontcourt of moose,dre, and smith it means we need a SG that can shoot. And that's KCP I like KCP his defense looks good and his speed looks very promising. Not a superstar potential guy but a very good player potentially. I say we trade stuckey with either jerebko or singler about a month or two into the season. Enough time for KCP to get adjusted to the NBA a lil. I say we use stuckey to try and get back into the first round of this draft. There will be some talent available around 15-20 like Aaron harrison. That would be a very high talent fr us to get in return for stuckey that fits out style of play better.

    Just my opinion, but I think most if u agree stuckey needs to go but some of u think we should let his contract expire and use the money in free agency. I just think this adds to our young core and either KCP or harrison could take off and we have a legit SG
    Why doesn't KCP have star potential? He honestly, can potentially do it all on the court, besides distribute. I kind of look at KCP and believe he's just as good as McLemore.


    NBA'S Next Most Dominant Big Man
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGvryuQDtWA
    FIND ME ON TWITTER @pistons_talk

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,165
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkeyePride View Post
    I think it's time to move on from stuckey. Just doesn't fit out team anymore. If we sport this frontcourt of moose,dre, and smith it means we need a SG that can shoot. And that's KCP I like KCP his defense looks good and his speed looks very promising. Not a superstar potential guy but a very good player potentially. I say we trade stuckey with either jerebko or singler about a month or two into the season. Enough time for KCP to get adjusted to the NBA a lil. I say we use stuckey to try and get back into the first round of this draft. There will be some talent available around 15-20 like Aaron harrison. That would be a very high talent fr us to get in return for stuckey that fits out style of play better.

    Just my opinion, but I think most if u agree stuckey needs to go but some of u think we should let his contract expire and use the money in free agency. I just think this adds to our young core and either KCP or harrison could take off and we have a legit SG
    Well, if we trade him, then it's got to be somebody making 8M this year.

    Unless it's for a sizeable upgrade, then the contract recieved is going to be for more years and if 8M matches, then raises for next year and beyond, if applicable. Meaning less money for Moose (but we have CV's expiring).

    It would have to be a one-for-one because we have 15 under contract - harrelson is partially guaranteed - Siva partially guaranteed??

    So, who has a SG making 8M this year that they don't needor want? Because the other 4 positions are taken.

    Billups will start, but will play less than Stuckey. And perhaps KCP. Dude is 37 in Sept. Coming off basically two years of non-activity following his achilles tear. He's here to mentor the PGs.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    2,463
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by markbutter View Post
    Well, if we trade him, then it's got to be somebody making 8M this year.

    Unless it's for a sizeable upgrade, then the contract recieved is going to be for more years and if 8M matches, then raises for next year and beyond, if applicable. Meaning less money for Moose (but we have CV's expiring).

    It would have to be a one-for-one because we have 15 under contract - harrelson is partially guaranteed - Siva partially guaranteed??

    So, who has a SG making 8M this year that they don't needor want? Because the other 4 positions are taken.

    Billups will start, but will play less than Stuckey. And perhaps KCP. Dude is 37 in Sept. Coming off basically two years of non-activity following his achilles tear. He's here to mentor the PGs.
    I don't know why you think we need a SG for Stuckey, Billups, KCP and Singler in small stretches will get the minutes there. My thinking is we need a SF for Stuckey capable of playing big minutes so we don't have to rely on Singler and Datome much if at all, ideally that guy would be able to slide to SG at times as well though.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,165
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sc8581 View Post
    I don't know why you think we need a SG for Stuckey, Billups, KCP and Singler in small stretches will get the minutes there. My thinking is we need a SF for Stuckey capable of playing big minutes so we don't have to rely on Singler and Datome much if at all, ideally that guy would be able to slide to SG at times as well though.
    He makes 8M, so we have to basically take back 8M. He's not the missing piece to someone else, so they're not taking on his contract for someone less, even though it's expiring, because salaries would have to match and we've got 15 guaranteed contracts already (with Harrelson partially).

    So we trade for a guy making 8M. He isn't starting at C, PF, SF, PG. So we'd have an 8M backup and at the 5 or 4, he's the backup to the backup probably.


    Why do that if we could keep him and have 8M to spend next summer?

    Billups can't keep up with SGs. A short stretch being 10 mins per game. . .maybe.

    I agree Singler and KCP. But having 6 rotational players at the other 4 spots, and then having 4 guys playing SG won't work over the long haul.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    2,463
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by markbutter View Post
    He makes 8M, so we have to basically take back 8M. He's not the missing piece to someone else, so they're not taking on his contract for someone less, even though it's expiring, because salaries would have to match and we've got 15 guaranteed contracts already (with Harrelson partially).

    So we trade for a guy making 8M. He isn't starting at C, PF, SF, PG. So we'd have an 8M backup and at the 5 or 4, he's the backup to the backup probably.


    Why do that if we could keep him and have 8M to spend next summer?

    Billups can't keep up with SGs. A short stretch being 10 mins per game. . .maybe.

    I agree Singler and KCP. But having 6 rotational players at the other 4 spots, and then having 4 guys playing SG won't work over the long haul.
    You do realize that just because a guy has an expiring contract doesn't mean you automatically have that much cap space right? Unless we let Monroe walk we are looking at the MLE next summer.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,165
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sc8581 View Post
    You do realize that just because a guy has an expiring contract doesn't mean you automatically have that much cap space right? Unless we let Monroe walk we are looking at the MLE next summer.
    I understand.

    But simplicity sakes, let's say our payroll is 59M this season with Stuck.

    Normal raises being normal, who gets the ~6M raise next season? I think JSmoove's contract is flat, as is Jennings or close to it. Dre get's a rookie raise being a 1st rounder.

    I do understand that it's not straight 8M. But again, the guy coming in will have to be at 8, since we're at 15 and can't do a twofer and going back to your point; If his contract is more than just this year, we won't even have Stuck's 8M less raises to play with. Whatever that number is.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    11,706
    vCash
    1500
    I lol everytime someone suggests we trade Stuckey and we magically get a 1st round pick in return


    #****Broyles

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •