Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    vCash

Something interesting about this year???

I know alot of people are allways highly citical of the bulls, as we are chicago fans and it is in our nature, however, I found something very interesting a moment ago. alot of people love to criticise Reinsdorf, and how he is so cheap, however, going into this year, the bulls have the 2nd/3rd highest payrole in the nba ( will be 2nd once our 13th man is signed) folowing only the NY Nets which have a rediculous amount of money tied up into their roster at 101mil. we have aproximatly the same payrole as the heat and more than both the Knicks and Lakers. I know alot of people give **** to reinsdorf for being cheap, however, he could have easily let Taj Walk for nothing, and not signed Dunleavy to the MLE. saving us 10 mil right there. he isnt going to blow the bank on any players, but saying he is cheap after this year is a little bit dificult to suport.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

vCash
    He got that rep due the fact that negotiations with Jordan got so bad that MJ had to threaten to go to the Knicks in order to get the deal done. Playing hard ball with the best basketball player ever who brought you championships doesn't help your cause. In addition, despite being one of the biggest markets and highest grossing teams, we were one of the last teams to pay the luxury tax until last season. He's a great businessman but didn't do himself any favors by announcing his favoritism towards the Sox and stating something to the effect that the Bulls were just another avenue to pump money into his baseball team.

He isn't cheap but he does have his priorities. He's done more to help his cause lately and put sound basketball minds in charge with garpax who are extremely passionate but also forward thinkers who could see down the road. It's still obvious that reinsdorf cringes and does practically everything possible to avoid the luxury tax which will even be stiffer under this CBA. One would assume he could afford a hefty tax bill but is going to be more than reluctant to do it. I guess it just depends which way you look at it.

vCash
    The issue is ..even though we have the 2-3rd highest payroll we used the money poorly....BOOZER?!!. Everyone knew that BOOZER was weak defensively,but we still paid for him. You bring a poor defender to a team that is about defense, and you pay him as a lead ??! Deng...He shouldve been let go when we drafted Rose. The moment we drafted Rose Deng shouldve been showed the door. Deng has been robbing us for 9 years. Every contract being paid more even though his actual IMPACT on the game hasnt risen, or he hasnt develped beyond his highschool level as a player. Thats where our money is being misused. So i consider them still cheap and borderline nostalgic

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BULLSFAN0810 View Post
    The issue is ..even though we have the 2-3rd highest payroll we used the money poorly....BOOZER?!!. Everyone knew that BOOZER was weak defensively,but we still paid for him. You bring a poor defender to a team that is about defense, and you pay him as a lead ??! Deng...He shouldve been let go when we drafted Rose. The moment we drafted Rose Deng shouldve been showed the door. Deng has been robbing us for 9 years. Every contract being paid more even though his actual IMPACT on the game hasnt risen, or he hasnt develped beyond his highschool level as a player. Thats where our money is being misused. So i consider them still cheap and borderline nostalgic
    Quite possibly the stupidest thing I've ever read on these forums. Congrats?

vCash
    You do realize Deng is one of the best SF's in the game right? Not every player is going to be Carmelo Durant and Lebron!!! You have to realize that one of the reasons the Bulls have so much success is because Deng is the best at defending these guys.

vCash
    He has been one of the best SF in the game but yet teams do not want him; beit his contract he hasnt really played himself into actually earning or is his lack of athleticism or it it his injury problem. You can pick one and youll have a answer. he wasnt the best when Richard Jefferson was the top tier SF in early 2000s nor is he now. im not saying Deng is a bust, but he is a system player. People keep throwing this Best at his position stuff around as if it means something. If James is heads and shoulder better than all SFs does that mean alll after him are close in skill ? Does it mean those after KD are close in recognition and skill? so who is number 4 at sF and if he is # 4 why is no one talking about him after Melo (if Melo is #3)? Because at that point at the SF postion you can place anyone at 4 because 1 and 2-3 are so great & everyone else is pedestrian. how about this .....at one point Captain Kirk was considered top 10 pg in mid 2000s,does that make him good or servicable now? and Butler has shown he can guard those same SF ...is he now top 4 at SF?
    Last edited by BULLSFAN0810; 08-28-2013 at 02:16 PM.

vCash
    Deng hasnt developed since highschool..name one skill beyond playing DECENT perimeter D..and being a stand still shooter he has actually added as actual progression ...i can do it with James(and i dislike James)...James added a better shot selection and a better post pressence ...what had Deng added since coming?
    His handles were always BAD. His footwork as far as becoming a better finisher on FASTBREAK(HE IS A SF..THIS IS HIS SPOT TO SHINE) HE cant go one on one ..he hasnt become a better passer..but yet you feel my comments are dumb ? i will never give you a job and allow you to buy products

vCash
    Deng hasnt developed since highschool..name one skill beyond playing DECENT perimeter D..and being a stand still shooter he has actually added as actual progression ...i can do it with James(and i dislike James)...James added a better shot selection and a better post pressence ...what had Deng added since coming?
    His handles were always BAD. His footwork as far as becoming a better finisher on FASTBREAK(HE IS A SF..THIS IS HIS SPOT TO SHINE) HE cant go one on one ..he hasnt become a better passer..but yet you feel my comments are dumb ? i will never give you a job and allow you to buy products
    Haha, you can't compare Deng to James. James is the best player in the game. Deng is a top 5 Sf. Just because he doesn't jump the highest, or have the best 3pt shot, or have skip to my Lou handles, or making flashy passes like Jason Kidd; doesn't mean he is Decent. He is great on this team. Also, the notion that nobody wants Deng is just misinformed and wrong. With the new CBA in place, most teams don't want to add contracts. Although I think we will see a lot of rumors around the trade deadline around Deng. If jimmy plays well and on par with Deng, I think Deng will be gone.

But your fabrication that Deng is just this God awful Decent 3 just speaks volumes about your knowledge of the game. Put down 2k for awhile and actually watch a game and you might see that. Although Deng is pretty good on 2k

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownbullsBG7 View Post
    Haha, you can't compare Deng to James. James is the best player in the game. Deng is a top 5 Sf. Just because he doesn't jump the highest, or have the best 3pt shot, or have skip to my Lou handles, or making flashy passes like Jason Kidd; doesn't mean he is Decent. He is great on this team. Also, the notion that nobody wants Deng is just misinformed and wrong. With the new CBA in place, most teams don't want to add contracts. Although I think we will see a lot of rumors around the trade deadline around Deng. If jimmy plays well and on par with Deng, I think Deng will be gone.

But your fabrication that Deng is just this God awful Decent 3 just speaks volumes about your knowledge of the game. Put down 2k for awhile and actually watch a game and you might see that. Although Deng is pretty good on 2k
    im not saying he is James..what im sayin is James is NOT ONLY better than Deng because Phyiscal skill, im saying he is also better because he has progressed when it comes to gaining skill. You can teach yourself to be a better shooter, you can teach yourself to dribble better. The greatest example of this is Butler. and i NEVER said Deng is aweful..i said he is over paid for what he really provides. I said he will continue to ask and not live up to it. Ask yourself when has Deng REALLY lived up to and out performed his contract ? NEVER

vCash
    James is also HIGHLY gifted, more so than even Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Wilt, etc. That's like getting pissed at Chauncey Billups for never improving his game to the attune that Gary Payton did.

It's retarded.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownbullsBG7 View Post
    . With the new CBA in place, most teams don't want to add contracts. Although I think we will see a lot of rumors around the trade deadline around Deng. If jimmy plays well and on par with Deng, I think Deng will be gone.
    It's not the Bulls style to trade a captain and someone they value so much during the season, especially if we're looking like we can win a championship, which we should look like. Unless the offer is so overpowering in our favor, that we simply couldn't refuse it, which is really not likely. I'd be shocked if the Bulls traded Deng mid-season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    James is also HIGHLY gifted, more so than even Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Wilt, etc. That's like getting pissed at Chauncey Billups for never improving his game to the attune that Gary Payton did.

It's retarded.

James isnt or wasnt more gifted 2 diffrent players packeaged diffrently(James vs MJ)..both with the same output as far as way to win the game;Make others better to eventually win themselves.
    what youre saying is ridic/hilar no one says to be mad because a role player doesnt become as good or greater than a star as you seem to imply;what im saying is the work ethic, you can clearly see the diffrence over the years. you can see over ten years between ALL players who really put in work on jumpshot, passing, post scoring and defense all things that can be physically obtained BUT MENTALLY PERFECTED as far as working on it daily. You can say James is just better and thats the end, BUT those who espire to do things know hard work goes into all things if you want to reap the rewards of them. As much as i dislike James i can see the work he put in PROGRESSING. Thats imho what makes stars and role players ...WORK. Then comes God given ability. I see the work James has put in his game and when i see Deng i see a content role player who hasnt progressed to be the best or top player in the league or at his position as was once said so many years ago by scouts of him coming out of highschool(what skill have the scouts said about Deng has he added or progressed on since highschool?.Deng has been "Snubbed" for years prior to these 2 years as a allstar, it took Thibs/FO *****ing to get him as a RESERVE !!! Basically they begged for atleast 3 years out right and not counting years where he was flatout dismissed.

All im saying is Deng HAD the potential to actually be really really good..but he doesnt have it on this level and is considered a basic role player..And to compare Deng to James isnt a strecth , they both play the same position,same era..James is the stick to be judge by.. accept it; by doing this you can become a better judge of talent
    Last edited by BULLSFAN0810; 08-29-2013 at 09:28 AM.

vCash
    I think you only look at flash and athleticism to make your judgement on Deng. We just had a really good season with a roster full of role players and the reason our season was good had a lot to do with Deng. No he isn't a great scoring threat, but he is a guy who can put up 16 ppg and defend at an elite level. He's also a pretty good rebounder. When you place him against the Grangers, Iguodalas, Gays, he wins the battles a lot of the time. Those guys are comparable to Deng salary wise.

He makes exactly what he should. He is a step below elite, and his salary is accordingly where it should be. Your only argument is we can save money by using butler at the 3, which in turn gives us money for a 2. That really doesn't make us better though because there really aren't any logical choices at the 2 that I would take over Butler, and none of these 2s add more to our team than Deng.

You should just see how this unfolds. We have the best defensive 2/3 combo in the league. We have a top 5 SF. We have a top 3 PG. we have a top 3 C. Kirk, Dunleavy, and Taj form a really good bench trio. Boozer is solid offense while Butler can potentially and likely be the best defensive 2 in the league. I think you will be pleasantly surprised by what this team does!!!

vCash
    So we're questioning Deng's work ethic now?

I guess we should rip Dwight Howard for not being a ball-handler, he's had plenty of time to work on that. His work ethic sucks. We should also hate on Steve Nash - he has no post game. So obviously he has no work ethic. Who else... oh, we should obviously question Chris bosh because all he does is shoot wide open jump shots. Dwyane Wade --- that guy has NEVER had a range on his shot. I hate that guy, he's so lazy and never worked on his game.

Hating on Deng for not having the work ethic to get better is ridiculous, and yes hilarious.

vCash
    So we're questioning Deng's work ethic now?

I guess we should rip Dwight Howard for not being a ball-handler, he's had plenty of time to work on that. His work ethic sucks. We should also hate on Steve Nash - he has no post game. So obviously he has no work ethic. Who else... oh, we should obviously question Chris bosh because all he does is shoot wide open jump shots. Dwyane Wade --- that guy has NEVER had a range on his shot. I hate that guy, he's so lazy and never worked on his game.

Hating on Deng for not having the work ethic to get better is ridiculous, and yes hilarious.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast