Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who should start at SG?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rodney Stuckey

3 16.67%
  • Chauncey Billups

4 22.22%
  • Kentavious Caldwell-Pope

11 61.11%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Who should start at SG?

Seems like every position is set Jennings, Smith, Monroe, and Drummond all seems to be penciled in as starters day 1...but what about the SG spot? Its a three man race(Stuckey, Billups, and KCP), and cases can be made for all of them to start at SG.

IMO I think Chauncey Billups should start at SG, I know he said that's why he left LA because he didn't want to play SG, but I'm sure Billups wasn't blindsided when he heard the news of us getting a PG. I think he wouldn't mind flanking Jennings in the backcourt and we desperately need a shooter at that 2 spot(bad news for Stuck).

vCash
    Chauncey. Let Stuckey be the 6th man which suits him. KCP will rotate between the two of them depending on the foul situation and how much we trail/lead. Manage the minutes all three get a decent amount of game time.

vCash
    I think Stuckey should start at SG, he's got the size to guard most 2 guards in the league. The usage of Billups/KCP in the 2nd string backcourt unit should prove real effective as KCP is a pretty damn good spot-up shooter, teaming Billups (pass first PG) with him should prove great for KCP, he'll use his skill to the optimum level with Billups out there with him.

#ERMAHGERD

vCash
    KCP. Stuckey isn't a shooter and Billups + Jennings would give up 50 PPG to opposing backcourts.

vCash
    Stuckey seems least likely to me, since we wouldn't really have anyone to stretch the floor besides Jennings I guess.

I'm leaning towards KCP since I don't think Chauncey wants to play 2 guard but not sure if he'd rather be a backup instead. Basically whoever wins it in camp/preseason is fine by me.

Another line of thinking is we have 40 point guards, so if CB started at 2 then Willie B would be the primary guy with the bench, where he thrived last year, which would also push KCP to the bench... which leaves Stuckey basically out of the rotation altogether. It's tricky man, but we still probably aren't done making moves yet

vCash
    Yeah this is going to be Chauncey or Jennings. Both will be running the team when playing. KCP is going to have to earn a spot in the rotation. I could see him playing some SF as well.

Jennings/Bynum/Siva
    CB/Stuckey/KCP
    Smith/Singler/Datome
    Monroe/CV/JJ/Mitchell
    Drummond/Harrellson

vCash
    Stuckey would honestly be the worst option at SG. We have to have a shooter out there. I'm hoping its KCP but if Billups wants it then he will probably get it.

vCash
    Stuckey.

vCash
    Why Stuckey? We just drafted an NBA ready 2 guard. Billups should be the first off the bench. With KCP starting, that first group is very scary.

Bench/2nd Unit should consist of:

Billups
    Stuckey
    Datome/Singler
    Smith/CV (Depending on fatigue)
    Monroe/Harrellson (Depending on fatigue)

vCash
    I don't think KCP should start unless Billups starts in the backcourt with him, I would be concerned with him picking up bad habits playing with Jennings too much, at least until BJ proves he can play more efficiently now that he has offensive talent around him. Stuckey can't start with Jennings either because of the lack of shooting unless MAYBE Stuck runs the point which is unlikely. Since I don't see Billups and KCP starting together while forcing Jennings to the bench, I think by default it has to be Jennings/Billups and Chauncey would likely have the ball in his hands quite a bit.

Billups will probably play around the first 8 minutes of each half and then the final 4 minutes of the game assuming it's close, Jennings would likely be out there during those times as well plus an extra 12-14 minutes where KCP, again by default, almost has to be the SG out there with him. So either Bynum or Stuckey at the point for 16mpg, leaving 28mpg at SG to split between KCP and Stuckey. I'm not a Bynum fan so I would give those 16mpg at PG to Rodney plus a few minutes at SG leaving around 22-26mpg for KCP, some at SF.

Jennings-32/Stuckey-16
    Billups-20/KCP-18/Stuckey-10
    Smith-16/KCP-6/Singler and/or Datome-26
    Monroe-16/Smith-18/Villanueva-14
    Drummond-30/Monroe-18

vCash
    Like Gators said, I think it should be KCP. He will have to earn it, but he has a good chance. With the rotation being dicussed, Stuckey is throwing a wrench into things(unless CB gets injured or realizes he would be better off playing 18 mins per game). It really all depends on KCP's progress over the next 2 months, remember that Singler started at SG last season a bit too. Ultimately, I would like to move Stuckey and Villenueva for a player and a 1st rd pick. Wouldn't we all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DetroitBadBoy View Post
    Why Stuckey? We just drafted an NBA ready 2 guard. Billups should be the first off the bench. With KCP starting, that first group is very scary.

Bench/2nd Unit should consist of:

Billups
    Stuckey
    Datome/Singler
    Smith/CV (Depending on fatigue)
    Monroe/Harrellson (Depending on fatigue)

Yeah,, other teams 2nd units would be in trouble on most nights. If KCP can impress over the next 2 months or so, he should be the guy.

vCash
    I voted Stuckey. My thinking was more that I like the flexibility and value that Chauncey and KCP bring off the bench. Chauncey and KCP both have the versatility to play 2 positions, which gives them value off the bench. Also, Chauncey is going to be more limited in his minutes with being older and coming off the injury, so it's not like he'd be getting starter mins anyways. With KCP, I like his ability to be a quick scorer off the bench until he's just so good that you can't deny him starting.

JMO.

vCash
    I think a Jennings & Stuckey back court have disaster written all over it...like RipCity said IMO he's the worst option, but there's a good chance he gets the nod because his competition is a rookie & an old vet who would be playing out of position. We should be looking at trade options to upgrade this spot with a solid guy that can shoot & play some D(not necessarily a "sexy name" either).

I think Jennings & Billups is the most viable option...while replacing KCP with Billups could potentially leave Stuck out of the rotation all together(YEAH!), but who's going DNP-CD 8mil?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JWO35 View Post
    I think a Jennings & Stuckey back court have disaster written all over it...like RipCity said IMO he's the worst option, but there's a good chance he gets the nod because his competition is a rookie & an old vet who would be playing out of position. We should be looking at trade options to upgrade this spot with a solid guy that can shoot & play some D(not necessarily a "sexy name" either).

I think Jennings & Billups is the most viable option...while replacing KCP with Billups could potentially leave Stuck out of the rotation all together(YEAH!), but who's going DNP-CD 8mil?
    Agreed, but it has to be a guy that can also play SF without any issues too, this way when Drummond comes out and Smith moves to the 4 we don't have to go with Singler or Datome.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast