Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Expectations for Snell?

What are your expectations for Snell for the next couple years? I honestly think this guy could be a key piece to the success of our team down the line.

He can shoot, handle pretty decently, and has a crazy wingspan and ability to be a great defender. He basically fits all of our teams needs. He's a great backup to Butler and Deng for injury reasons, or even if Deng decides to leave next season. I think he ends up being the steal of this years draft, and a great pickup for the Bulls.
    1. You're reading my signature.
    2. Now you're saying/thinking that's a stupid fact.
    4. You didn't notice that I skipped 3.
    5. You're checking it now.
    6. You're smiling.
    7. You're still reading my signature.
    8. You know all you have read is true.
    10. You didn't notice that i skipped 9.
    11. You're checking it now.
    12. You think this is a clever signature.
    13. You're still reading.
    14. Why are you still reading?
    15. You ignore my question.

vCash
    As a Rookie, not much really...I don't think there will be much PT to go around unless there's an injury and we've seen these last 2 years how Thibs handles Rookies.

vCash
    He'll play more than most are expecting, he'll produce.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KH12 View Post
    He'll play more than most are expecting, he'll produce.
    That will be a pleasant surprise then, but I'm not going into the season counting on Snell.

I just don't see where the minutes will come from.

If he gets some PT and produces, great. If he's at the end of the bench and nothing more than a developmental prospect that plays spot minutes for his Rookie season, that's okay too IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    That will be a pleasant surprise then, but I'm not going into the season counting on Snell.

I just don't see where the minutes will come from.

If he gets some PT and produces, great. If he's at the end of the bench and nothing more than a developmental prospect that plays spot minutes for his Rookie season, that's okay too IMO.
    yep

vCash
    I expect him to be a disciplined professional and a good boy in the locker room. If he do play in blow-outs, I expect him to utilize the chance given to him and get acquainted with the game(NBA level).

vCash
    Absolute zero. The less expectations the better. He seems like a good kid and one that is genuinely happy to be in the NBA, not entitled to be in the NBA. I hope he turns into another Butler but I'm not expecting it.

vCash
    None, he will play sparingly

Rochester Jeffersons

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jpro611 View Post
    None, he will play sparingly
    I think Snell will rotate in for both J. Butler and L. Deng during the season... His minutes at that position will be split up with Hinrich and M. Dunleavy, but I think Hinrich will play less minutes this year and Thibs will let him stay healthy for the playoffs.

So I can see Snell getting some decent minutes for a rookie in Thibs system

vCash
    When Kirk gets injured, he has a chance to split the minutes with Dunleavy. But since Deng and Butler plays big minutes, that's very doubtful.

Between SG and SF minutes, Deng can play 38 and Butler 36. That leaves Dunleavy with 22 with Kirk injured. Maybe Snell can sneak in 2-4 minutes out of it? Doubtful...

vCash
    too early for this thread if we're answering the question in regards to "the next couple years." Now for this upcoming season, i have zero expectations.

vCash
    Looking over his game He can be anywhere between an Anthony Toliver type to Paul George. They say he has great size and is working with Pippen on his defense... so in otjer words its too early to tell. What I can tell though is that up close he'll be pretty much unguardable... I mean have you seen that grill??? no one is gonna play him close up, they'll give him at least enough space to get that jumper off.

vCash
    Thibs will only play him in the rotation if we have injury issues, which of course is entirely possible when you look at our roster and the players history. Over time the hope is we have another Jimmy B who will earn his way into the rotation over time.

I would probably go as far as to say if Snell cracks the regualr rotation this season we are not having a good year due to injuries.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    Thibs will only play him in the rotation if we have injury issues, which of course is entirely possible when you look at our roster and the players history. Over time the hope is we have another Jimmy B who will earn his way into the rotation over time.

I would probably go as far as to say if Snell cracks the regualr rotation this season we are not having a good year due to injuries.
    And I would beg to differ. Most likely what will happen is that Deng will, say pull his hammy, and gets sidelined for a week. Butler can easily shift to SF and then KH could start. Mike would split between SG and SF but Snell can get minutes during that time.

I don't think we would miss a beat like that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
    And I would beg to differ. Most likely what will happen is that Deng will, say pull his hammy, and gets sidelined for a week. Butler can easily shift to SF and then KH could start. Mike would split between SG and SF but Snell can get minutes during that time.

I don't think we would miss a beat like that.
    Then Deng comes back and Snell is back out of the rotation. I hope Snell is good enough to get a shot, but not even Butler got much time as a rookie. Except for Asik I can't remember Thibs having any rookies in his rotations.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast