Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have Faith

vCash

Have Faith

Nation. Salute.... I haven't been posting lately but I've been following everything. First preseason game all three quarterbacks looked good, minus Wilson. Runningbacks were running the ball hard.

Defense was attacking, and swarming to the ball. Janikowski was Janikowski. Everything seemed to be going fine.

Until...... Veldheer partially tore his tricep, and we go to the Superdome against the Saints and our 1's stink up the place. To say the least. But we cannot panic!!

If you look at what RM has done this offseason and his resume, we will be a different team this year. We wont have our stud LT to start the season off with, but with 4 different via options to replace him for 6-8 weeks things could be worst.

Alex Barron gets the first crack at it because he has impressed during camp. Watson will get a look early, he's behind but maybe his God given ability can keep him on the field. Willie Smith and Khalif Barnes are also options.

Not to mention the signing of Tony Hills. He was claimed off waivers today. He started at left tackle last year for the Colts so he does have experience. Just sayin.... Nation the glass is still half full.

We still need our defense to play better. But we still have DMac, Marcel Reese, and Terrell Pryor. In my eyes, those three could carry the offense!!!

We have young recievers with playmaking ability too. But growing up in Columbus, Ohio I've seen a lot of Terrell Pryor and I know what hes capable of.

And if we can't pass protect our best bet is to start Pryor!!(without a doubt) because he will not be a sitting duck in the pocket, he will turn a 12 yard sack into a 25 yard scramble. Off of pure athletic ability alone.

Thoughts??

vCash
    TP is a beast. Flynn is a great option to have don't get me wrong. But Flynn hasn't shown any mobility thus far. He's a sitting duck.

Quote Originally Posted by The Donald View Post
    Thats right! You know what Terrelle Pryor can do. Please educate my compadres so they will stop this crazy talk about Flynn being the man.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Donald View Post
    Easy on the beast coronation. I hate that overused term. No offence. But the guy can ball. I mean flat ball. He has 4-3 speed, can throw the ball 65 yards and plays with something to prove.
    That's pretty beasty!! He's lacking confidence right now. If DA ever hands him the job and he's not playing with a leash the beast will come out.

vCash
    I want nothing more than Pryor to be our starter. But I have a feeling he'll be the number 2 this season. Next year he'll take the reigns and be our QB for the future

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alawsz_911 View Post
    That's pretty beasty!! He's lacking confidence right now. If DA ever hands him the job and he's not playing with a leash the beast will come out.
    I am extremely happy to know that the opinions that matter, Reggie McKenzie, Dennis Allen,Greg Olsen ,Sparano and DeFilippo have Flynn starting over Pryor. We don't need a beast we need a QB...............this is the craziness that Kaepernick, Wilson and RGIII have created and that's the idea that just because you can run you to can run the pistol!!!

vCash
    If they don't get the LT issue resolved and Flynn is the starter, I wouldn't be surprised to see Gordon start at TE, stay home and protect Flynn.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxfly View Post
    I am extremely happy to know that the opinions that matter, Reggie McKenzie, Dennis Allen,Greg Olsen ,Sparano and DeFilippo have Flynn starting over Pryor. We don't need a beast we need a QB...............this is the craziness that Kaepernick, Wilson and RGIII have created and that's the idea that just because you can run you to can run the pistol!!!
    I understand you don't like running qb's. I understand. Whole heartedly. But Flynn hasn't wowed me yet and with this being a rebuilding year it makes sense to start Pryor.

vCash
    I said it before and I will say it again... I see us only winning 2 games this year... sorry.

vCash
    I understand you don't like running qb's. I understand. Whole heartedly. But Flynn hasn't wowed me yet and with this being a rebuilding year it makes sense to start Pryor.
    I can see that. It is a rebuilding year and I'm 100% behind rebuilding not reloading, we tried that for a decade and it didn't work. Rebuilding take several years even if done right and not every member of the nation is behind it.

If we truely are rebuilding maybe we should let Pryor play just to see if he can be the guy at QB for the future. I don't think he is a franchise QB or ever will be, but lets see if he can be Flynn certainly isn't a franchise QB.

vCash
    Have faith baby!

vCash
    You want to start Pryor because Flynn hasn't wowed you? I have nothing against a running QB but Pryor isn't ready ,that's why it doesn't make sense to start Pryor.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevj77 View Post
    I can see that. It is a rebuilding year and I'm 100% behind rebuilding not reloading, we tried that for a decade and it didn't work. Rebuilding take several years even if done right and not every member of the nation is behind it.

If we truely are rebuilding maybe we should let Pryor play just to see if he can be the guy at QB for the future. I don't think he is a franchise QB or ever will be, but lets see if he can be Flynn certainly isn't a franchise QB.
    That's why there's is pre-season...to see what Pryor can do and aside from a couple of runs and a stupid INT when he could have run it in .....he's shown me nothing .

vCash
    lol Flynn or Pryor?

Does it matter? I think this *** kicking is going to be worse than the 06 *** kicking.

There are going to be a lot of angry Raider fans on this forum over the next 6 months.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rubiconraider View Post
    lol Flynn or Pryor?

Does it matter? I think this *** kicking is going to be worse than the 06 *** kicking.

There are going to be a lot of angry Raider fans on this forum over the next 6 months.
    It does matter. This is a completely different team this year. No more overpaid players are on the roster. Almost everyone RM and DA has brought in loves football and competes. We are lacking depth in some positions but the competition that is going on this offseason will benefit us in the long run.

We will be more competitive than you think..

vCash
    It does matter. This is a completely different team this year. No more overpaid players are on the roster. Almost everyone RM and DA has brought in loves football and competes. We are lacking depth in some positions but the competition that is going on this offseason will benefit us in the long run.

We will be more competitive than you think..
    Well, I hope your right. I don't see it. We lack depth at every position. I agree the cap is better, there are just 1 or 2 overpaid players---- That is good. But that doesn't equate to a better year(on the field). imho

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast