Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Cashman possibly implicated in steroid mess.......

Looks like David Wells WAS indeed absolutely correct way way back in 1998 when he started spouting about alleged casual locker room indulgences.

Because slick likes links, this thread is legitimate, and Brian Cashman might very well be in a lot of trouble with this:

http://www.sbnation.com/mlb/2013/8/1...shman-mistress

I ESPECIALLY liked the part in paragraph 3 wherein she states "Cashman was aware that various Yankees were doing steroids and was ambivalent to the whole matter."

Before the requisite Cashman Defense League comes swooping to their beloved GM's erstwhile defense, if she's lying then this is a clear cut case of slander and lets see Cashman sue her for defamation if there are indeed falsehoods to these allegations.
    Last edited by sauronthepower; 08-20-2013 at 12:48 PM.

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash
    Nothing screams credibility like stories from a jilted mistress who's suing you in court.
    <a href=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/29/Ichiro_Suzuki_on_August_1%2C_2012.jpg/240px-Ichiro_Suzuki_on_August_1%2C_2012.jpg target=_blank>http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._1%2C_2012.jpg</a>

BA: .282 HR: ONE! RBI: 20 SB: 12 AGE: 40

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    Nothing screams credibility like stories from a jilted mistress who's suing you in court.
    Then Cashman has the right to sue for defamation. Interesting though that a lawyer would take that chance without some semblence of evidence. Cashman could be facing major trouble with this. Inaction would risk losing a lot in his career but would reinforce the belief that he's hiding something. Plus Wells made very similar accusations almost 15 years ago.

Let him sue if this is BS. If not then the shadow of complicity will stand.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    Then Cashman has the right to sue for defamation. Interesting though that a lawyer would take that chance without some semblence of evidence. Cashman could be facing major trouble with this. Inaction would risk losing a lot in his career but would reinforce the belief that he's hiding something. Plus Wells made very similar accusations almost 15 years ago.

Let him sue if this is BS. If not then the shadow of complicity will stand.
    Very difficult (impossible?) win a defamation suit on something like this because Cashman has no way of proving he didn't say whatever she is accusing him of saying.

Think about it logically though, saur. How exactly would Cashman know for certain that players were using PEDs? Well, he could have witnessed it with his own eyes but I doubt these guys were openly using banned substances in front of the GM. Clemens, for example, was reportedly injected by his trainer in private. Doesn't it seem logical that that's what most of these guys did? Aside from witnessing PED use, Cashman could have heard rumors from trainers, other players, scouts, etc., but that would be just second hand hearsay. If Jose Canseco wrote Cashman a letter and said "A-Rod is using PEDs," would that mean that Cashman knows A-Rod is using PEDs? Or would it just mean that Cashman knows that Jose Canseco says that A-Rod is using PEDs?
    <a href=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/29/Ichiro_Suzuki_on_August_1%2C_2012.jpg/240px-Ichiro_Suzuki_on_August_1%2C_2012.jpg target=_blank>http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._1%2C_2012.jpg</a>

vCash
    Let me just add that it would not surprise me at all to learn that Cashman (and other GMs) are well aware of rumors surrounding their players and that they have their suspicions that some guys use PEDs. The teams do a certain degree of due diligence on players they sign, and I'm sure they're familiar with who they associate with, how they train, what other players say about them, etc. For example, it would shock me to find out that the Yankees had never heard rumors of Giambi's steroid use before they signed him.

vCash
    Wells levied very similar allegations years ago and Cashmans response was that "we need to get rid of this guy, NOW....." don't ask me to dig out the 15 year old article just trust that it was said and framed as Wells trying to shill his autobiography at the time.

Second, Arod has been VERY cavalier with his handling of the possible legal action, even almost welcoming it. Any chance he has some damning information that could seriously cause a lot of collateral damage that he's just chomping at the bit to release saving it as his ultimate trump card.

Third, I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that almost every GM knows what goes on in their locker room or what happens to their employees. They'd be almost incompetent not to know. You see what happens with water cooler gossip and innuendo in daily 9-5 grind jobs. I'm pretty sure that this stuff goes on in locker rooms and sports organizations as well and at some point the boss gets wind of it (unless he's incredibly stupid, you know, like Michale Pineda level stupid)

Fourth, his mistress is a lawyer I believe, not some humping opportunist dime store hooker. She stands to lose a ton (more than Cashman) up to and including disbarment, if she's just blithely slandering someone's character in the media, especially such a prominent figure. I have to believe that she has a little more than just jealousy to back he claims to be risking so much.

Again, if she's blatantly slandering Cashmans image, let him sue or let the allegations fester and deliver Arod a very early Christmas present this year.

vCash
    How does whatever Cashman's mistress says help A-Rod? Does A-Rod not get suspended if Cashman knew he was using PEDs?

vCash

Red face

How does whatever Cashman's mistress says help A-Rod? Does A-Rod not get suspended if Cashman knew he was using PEDs?
    C'mon slick, the Socratic line of questionning does not work here. Cashman has been able to take the high road especially when all of this talk about voiding Arods contract comes around. If Arod has any evidence of complicity whatsoever then Caahmans case is destroyed.

Lets also keep in mind that she's requesting her firm to forgo millions of dollars possibly in revenue to enact the conflict of interest clause. No one would try that and risk getting fired without a serious vase to present on their behalf so I think we should all view this with a little more scrutiny than just a jilted lovers sour grapes.

Again,Cashman has the right to refute the allegations. Silence lets them fester and she has a little more than an entry level he-said, she-said case here.

vCash
    Fire him and hire me.

Masahiro Tanaka

11-1| 99.2 IP| 10.20 K/9| 1.44 BB/9| 0.90 HR/9| 1.99 ERA| 2.70 FIP| 2.32 xFIP| 2.9 fWAR

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees 1903 View Post
    Fire him and hire me.
    Now we're talkin.

But you must sign Andrus and Dunn as a condition of employment

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    Now we're talkin.

But you must sign Andrus and Dunn as a condition of employment
    I suspect your whole team is on PEDs. I am playing the rest of the season under protest.

Masahiro Tanaka

11-1| 99.2 IP| 10.20 K/9| 1.44 BB/9| 0.90 HR/9| 1.99 ERA| 2.70 FIP| 2.32 xFIP| 2.9 fWAR

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees 1903 View Post
    I suspect your whole team is on PEDs. I am playing the rest of the season under protest.
    I'm fully enjoying the First Place demarcation, trust me.

Though. Wish it was more than just you, me, infernos, and bosox being highly active.

vCash
    Saur, you need to review the facts because you have a few of them wrong.

Fourth, his mistress is a lawyer I believe, not some humping opportunist dime store hooker.
    She's not a lawyer.

Meanwell, 37, a British-born former medical sales worker, allegedly victimized Cashman, who was married at the time, following an affair in 2011.
    http://www.timesunion.com/local/arti...ks-4436305.php

She's closer to dime store hooker than lawyer:

Meanwell, also known as Louise Neathway, faces several charges that include grand larceny by extortion, grand larceny, criminal impersonation, aggravated harassment, coercion, falsifying business records and stalking. The grand larceny charge alone carries 5 to 15 years in prison upon conviction.
    Real credible witness.

Second, she's not:

requesting her firm to forgo millions of dollars possibly in revenue to enact the conflict of interest clause.
    She's saying that A-Rod's lawyer cannot represent him because her lawyer and A-Rod's lawyer are law partners. She's not going to forego one dime. If she's correct that they have a conflict of interest, the law firm will either have to get waivers from both clients or, more likely, cease representing either of them, so it's the law firm that stands to lose money.

Now, answer my question:

How does it help A-Rod if Cashman knew of his PED use? Do you think Bud Selig cares what Cashman's mistress says he knew?

vCash
    Saur, here's more about the woman for your reading enjoyment. Would you believe anything this woman says?

Even her own shrink thought she was dangerous.

Alleged Brian Cashman stalker Louise Meanwell’s psychiatrist urged the Yankees general manager — and Meanwell’s own mother — to call 911 and report her troubled patient to police, sources told The Post.

The advice came last week, after a panicked Cashman called Meanwell’s mom, Louise, desperate for help. He told her the 36-year-old Meanwell had been harassing his family. He said she also had harassed his alleged mistress, Kimberley Brennan.

Mom Caroline Meanwell suggested Cashman and his lawyer set up a meeting with her to discuss her daughter’s actions, sources said. Before Louise Meanwell was arrested and charged with stalking and shaking down Yankees GM Brian Cashman, she had a history of harassing others, including ex-husband Jason Bump.

On Jan. 27, the three gathered at the attorney’s office. They placed a conference call to Louise’s Manhattan psychiatrist, Charlotte Murphy, according to sources familiar with the situation.

“Everyone was convinced that [Louise] was a danger to herself or others,” said one source.

[Murphy] agreed that Louise was dangerous and violent, and that it was a serious situation. She said to call 911,” a source said.

Caroline Meanwell made the call and provided the operator with Murphy’s name.

The 911 report led to Louise Meanwell’s arrest this week for stalking Cashman and trying to shake him down for $15,000 for an unspecified medical procedure.

After Meanwell’s arrest, Murphy — who specialized in reproductive issues — was granted a protective order against her patient. Both she and Cashman declined to comment.

Cashman’s wife, Mary, also got an order of protection, as did Brennan, according to law-enforcement sources.

Cashman is the latest in a long line of men who claim Meanwell, 36, has tormented them with death threats, phone hacking and lies about miscarriages, court records and former friends said yesterday.

Meanwell, in the last 14 years, has allegedly been harassing her ex-husband, their teen daughter and a long line of boyfriends she’s had since her marriage broke up.

“She’s a very dangerous person. She’s a psychopath, in my estimation,” Meanwell’s ex-husband, Jason Bump, told The Post at his Albany-area home, where he lives with the 14-year-old girl.

“There’s currently an order of protection for myself, my daughter, my [current] wife and my mother” against Meanwell, Bump said. “She has not seen [their daughter] in a few years, and she’s not allowed to contact her at all.”

On Oct. 10, 2010, Meanwell called Bump’s mom, Mary, “nine times, starting at 11:36 p.m. She told me she wished I would just die of cancer,” Mary said in a deposition in support of an arrest warrant for Meanwell.

“She also said, ‘I’m going to put a bullet in your f--king head, you c--t, and I’m gonna do it.’ ”

Three days earlier, Meanwell phoned Jason Bump’s current wife, Casey, and said, “Hi, c--t,” and warned, “Better know your boundaries, or you will end up with a bullet in your head, just like your mother-in-law,” according to Casey’s own deposition.

“I am scared of Louise Meanwell. I don’t believe she is mentally stable,” Casey told the State Police.

That was a sentiment echoed by an ex-Meanwell fling who works on Wall Street. He told authorities in 2010 that “she has made many threatening statements aimed at me and has been e-mailing and phoning me constantly. She’s also begun waiting outside my apartment in the East Village,” court records said.

“She recently sent me a suicide note [text message], and I called 911 and had paramedics arrive at her apartment to save her,” the ex-boyfriend said.

“I am fearful for my safety and have no idea what this woman is capable of. As of this morning, she has hacked into my personal e-mail account and my FB [Facebook] account, deleting all my e-mails.

“I am VERY scared of her.”

A former Meanwell pal told The Post that she bragged a couple of years ago about bedding a Yankees star — and doled out baseballs she claimed he had autographed.

The British-born blonde enjoyed boozy nights with gal pals and picking up new boyfriends — but had a bad habit of turning against those close to her.

Meanwell also changed her phone number as often as once per week and frequently changed jobs.

“Relationships, friendships seemed to come and go very quickly,” the friend said.

“In most relationships, she [claims] she has had a miscarriage, she claims that she’s been pregnant,” said the friend.

Friends ended up doubting those claims, the friend said.
    http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/m...GAhlNvkgbc7OHO
    Last edited by theslick1; 08-20-2013 at 02:28 PM.

vCash
    Saur, here's more about the woman for your reading enjoyment. Would you believe anything this woman says?

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/m...GAhlNvkgbc7OHO
    Talk about a psycho ex.

Masahiro Tanaka

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast