Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Angels almost traded Kendrick to Dodgers for Zach Lee

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/l...endrick-081913

the Dodgers’ target was the Los Angeles Angels’ Howie Kendrick, and the two sides held extensive trade discussions before the July 31 non-waiver deadline, according to major-league sources.

The Angels proposed a deal that included one of the Dodgers’ top pitching prospects, Double A right-hander Zach Lee, sources said. One source said the talks went right down to the deadline. It is unclear which team blinked.

The trade would have been a stunner – the Los Angeles teams haven’t completed a deal since the Dodgers sent outfielder Orlando Alvarez to the Angels for catcher Ellie Rodriguez in March 1976, according to STATS LLC.

Kendrick, 30, can not block a deal to the Dodgers – his contract includes a 12-team no-trade list for the 2013 season, but the Dodgers are not on that list, a source said.

The Dodgers could revive their pursuit of Kendrick in the offseason rather than attempt to sign Cano, a potential free agent who might command a contract of more than $150 million.
    Lee, 21, was the Dodgers’ first-round pick in 2010, and entered the season as the team’s fifth-best prospect, according to Baseball America. He currently is at Double A Chattanooga, and is 9-9 with a 3.19 ERA.
    would have been quite interesting.

vCash
    I would have approved of this trade because its what I wanted

Quote Originally Posted by vladdy#27 View Post
    If we want to have a mini rebuild (compete in 2014) this is what I hope for.

Trade Kendrick

Scenario #2

Howie Kendrick to the Dodgers for Zach Lee
    __________________________________._________

vCash

The Future is NOW!

vCash
    I would guess that it was the Dodgers who pulled out. Zach Lee would be a great return for Howie. Still, I'd like to have Howie on the team next year and see Aybar traded for a nice pitching prospect.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GA16Angels View Post
    I would guess that it was the Dodgers who pulled out. Zach Lee would be a great return for Howie. Still, I'd like to have Howie on the team next year and see Aybar traded for a nice pitching prospect.
    That will be a good addition.
    Do you know why it didn't go through?

vCash
    I hope we would get more back than just Lee. Like maybe Lee and Reed. or at the very least maybe Lee and a reliefe prospect like yimi garcia.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    I hope we would get more back than just Lee. Like maybe Lee and Reed. or at the very least maybe Lee and a reliefe prospect like yimi garcia.
    Oh Ciaban

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GA16Angels View Post
    I think with the addition of Green they probably trade Howie and keep Aybar, sucks that 2006 talented rookie class didn't get to a WS. Weaver/Napoli/Aybar/Kendrick...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by popo85 View Post
    I think with the addition of Green they probably trade Howie and keep Aybar, sucks that 2006 talented rookie class didn't get to a WS. Weaver/Napoli/Aybar/Kendrick...
    That's the problem, I really don't like Green. He's not good at getting on-base consistently and he is just awful defensively. He should not be the starting second baseman next year. What we should be looking to do is trade players that are easily replaceable (ie. Trumbo and Aybar). Trading Kendrick will do nothing except create a hole, both offensively and defensively, that we are unable to fill.

vCash
    I still am in favor of including Bourjos in a trade that can help us land a solid starting pitcher.
    MIKE TROUT FOR MVP!!!!!

vCash
    there are some pretty good starting pitchers hitting the market soon(not so much this year) If we can go out and get one of them next year and another the year after i think we can be really good again.

Of the relievers i think we should look at are

Jesse Crain: has missed sometime this year, but has been really lights out over the last few years.

Chad Gaudin: he has pitched really well for the giants, i think we should look at him. He can start and relieve.

Javier Lopez: has been real good for the giants this year as well.

Scott Downs: Why not?

Manny Parra: decent loogy

Chris Perez: Depends on how much Cleveland wants for him.
    Last edited by ciaban; 09-09-2013 at 04:22 AM.

vCash
    It looks like they signed Alexander Guerrero like five times, who knows how it goes, the Howie trade talks might not be dead.