Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Larry Warford?

vCash

Larry Warford?

I am a Raiders' fan coming in peace. I was wondering how Larry Warford has played this preseason? I am an avid UK Wildcats fan, and wanted us the take him in the 2nd round. I was surprised to see him last until the 3rd round, or was it the 4th? Either way, I wanted us to take him in the 2nd. He's gonna be a good'un, imo.
    Boy, this modern day 20th century technology is "golly-gee-willikers"!! Whaaa?

"Why didn't someone tell me this was the 21st century????"

vCash
    Welcome N-Cog-Neato!

Thanks for "coming in peace " I'll let our AAL (or someone who's following him more closely) talk about him in detail ... I hear good things so far though.
    Don't just read our posts, JOIN US! click here
    2011 AND 2012 JWE & Strives Lions prediction game Champion
    Lions Forum: 5 Time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10, #12 & #14
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Lffs is the master at going from goofball to boss

vCash
    He's been so-so. Hasn't won the string job cleanly, but hasnt done anything really terrible either. Im sure he'll be fine. Im still glad we drafted him.

vCash
    ^ Could have had Tyrann in the 3rd. I wouldn't have trusted our coaches anyway to groom him.

New York Yankees
    Los Angeles Lakers (Jimbaco)
    Detroit Lions Draft this man

vCash
    From what I've seen in the preseason games is he definitely uses his size and I feel once he gets it figured out he will be a dominant run blocker.

vCash
    I've watched him closely at times but not every play. What I have seen is good run blocking and average/poor pass blocking.

He looked great the few times I noticed him run blocking. He opened up a hole for Bush's best run against Cle and he did some pulling in the Jets game. These things looked good but I have also noticed him getting bull-rushed in the passing game. Against the Jets he got driven back to the ground but it was a quick-hitting pass play anyway, so it didn't hurt the play. He also whiffed on a play that caused Kellen Moore to abort the play and leave the pocket. Can't remember if Moore got sacked or not.

I don't think he is coming into the league ready to be an NFL starting guard but he has potential. He might start for us in week 1 but I wouldn't be surprised if he works his way into the role over the first half of the season either.
    2013 PSD Lions Forum Fantasy Football Champion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OkieLionsFan View Post
    From what I've seen in the preseason games is he definitely uses his size and I feel once he gets it figured out he will be a dominant run blocker.
    He seems like Rob Sims when Sims first started and I think Sims himself said he was only 'there' doing his job, it wasn't until he started going for it more and being himself that he became good. I think it's going to be the same with Warford, his first few years it's going to be him just trying to do the right thing, but once it comes to him, I think he'll become quite a force. But his run blocking is already and upgrade on Peterman, so he's going to help big there. Also nice to put another bid bodied guy next to Raiola, even though Raiola himself bulked up this year.

vCash
    Not 100% sure what we have out of him yet.. I know one thing for sure, That man likes jelly donuts.. WWJD (Warford Wants Jelly Donuts)

Off-season Sucks

vCash
    He sucks.
    2013 Adopt-A-Lion: Nick Fairley

vCash
    The run blocking was what he was known for in college. From the little I've seen it has translated. He needs to work on the pass blocking though. Although for that maybe dropping a few pounds could help.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    He sucks.
    I pretty much think he sucks. A good team wouldn't roll with him in his rookie season if they didn't have to. He will probably be better on the next team he plays for.

vCash
    I think he looks like a 3rd round pick. Im sure he will get better as the season rolls on. He's still gonna be better than Penisman.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    I think he looks like a 3rd round pick. Im sure he will get better as the season rolls on. He's still gonna be better than Penisman.
    But is he better than Dylan Gandy?

EDIT: ...Who sucks by the way.

vCash
    Warford sucks. **** that guy he had two whole preseason games to not look like ****. Wasted pick. Worst guard ever, schwartz cant develop talent for ****. Cut him.

PSD Lions Fantasy Football Champ

IamDanGill on twitter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danielleighgill View Post
    Warford sucks. **** that guy he had two whole preseason games to not look like ****. Wasted pick. Worst guard ever, schwartz cant develop talent for ****. Cut him.
    I think you're overreacting.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast