Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    1,280
    vCash
    1500

    Fantasy Hockey Question

    Anyone that does FHLs, how many starters would you suggest for a 16 team league? 3 -C/LW/RW, 1 - F, 4 - D, AND 2 - G?

    Also, is doing the H2H point system (like fantasy football) the best way?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    8,754
    vCash
    1500
    i definitely would not do 2 goalies. there's only 30 teams. two people in the league are guaranteed to end up with backups.

    also, how many bench players are you considering?

    otherwise, everything else seems pretty legit. and yes, H2H is definitely the way to go.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    1,280
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    i definitely would not do 2 goalies. there's only 30 teams. two people in the league are guaranteed to end up with backups.

    also, how many bench players are you considering?

    otherwise, everything else seems pretty legit. and yes, H2H is definitely the way to go.
    really just 1? i thought that too but then i looked at like the flyers, devils, blues, hawks, leafs, and ducks that will prob roll with two goalies...... plus with the Olympic break and the new divisions there are A LOT of back to back games.


    4 bench and also 2 LTIR. So it would be drafting 20 players...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    8,754
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyonthespot View Post
    really just 1? i thought that too but then i looked at like the flyers, devils, blues, hawks, leafs, and ducks that will prob roll with two goalies...... plus with the Olympic break and the new divisions there are A LOT of back to back games.


    4 bench and also 2 LTIR. So it would be drafting 20 players...

    Yeah cuz that way you don't have to draft a third goalie also to sub in for off nights of your two starters. The teams will have two goalies; just one will start and the other will play on off nights. At least this way everyone is likely to get at least one good goalie.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    1,280
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    Yeah cuz that way you don't have to draft a third goalie also to sub in for off nights of your two starters. The teams will have two goalies; just one will start and the other will play on off nights. At least this way everyone is likely to get at least one good goalie.
    i hear ya

    i set it up on espn and i just realized they have a offline draft app..... ever use that?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    8,754
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyonthespot View Post
    i hear ya

    i set it up on espn and i just realized they have a offline draft app..... ever use that?

    no, i've actually never used espn for hockey. i usually stick to yahoo for my fantasy sports.

    what is it? or was that you're question for me..

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    1,280
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    no, i've actually never used espn for hockey. i usually stick to yahoo for my fantasy sports.

    what is it? or was that you're question for me..

    i think yahoo has something like it, allows you to draft offline but has the set up as a live draft for everyone to do it without everyone being online. basically can just do it from one computer

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    8,754
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyonthespot View Post
    i think yahoo has something like it, allows you to draft offline but has the set up as a live draft for everyone to do it without everyone being online. basically can just do it from one computer
    ah gotcha.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    24
    vCash
    1500
    I think the league I am in generally has around 10-14 teams in it, but that could grow this year (Due to the lockout we ended up with a "split, and 2 separate leagues)
    What we have generally done is 2 goalies, but the goalies have to play a certain amount of games each week, or the don't count.
    My league tends to use 2 full lines (2 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, 2 G) and the H2H. We are trying to find stats to favor the D, because it is currently an Offense and Goalie driven league.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    1,280
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by CircleCitySaint View Post
    I think the league I am in generally has around 10-14 teams in it, but that could grow this year (Due to the lockout we ended up with a "split, and 2 separate leagues)
    What we have generally done is 2 goalies, but the goalies have to play a certain amount of games each week, or the don't count.
    My league tends to use 2 full lines (2 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, 2 G) and the H2H. We are trying to find stats to favor the D, because it is currently an Offense and Goalie driven league.
    so i guess 3-c, lw, rw are to much? and for the D i have hits and blocked shots in there plus PPPs so most scoring D get their points that way which keeps them relevant

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •