Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Why can't the bears have reliable back up QB's

I'm sick of every season the bears starting QB goes down with a injury ,just to watch a unreliable 2nd and 3rd string QB come in and Suck. The bears have not had a reliable back up QB since Steve Fuller 1984 - 1986 . For more seasons and more QB's than I care to remember this has been the true Weakness to our Offensive game . I'm sick of weak Offensive Lines that leave any of our QB starters that might be worth a Damn vulnerable to constant Sacks and Injury and praying for the the Bears defense to do something to win the game. I flipping hate 3 and Outs from our Back Ups because that is the limits of their Skills as bench Warmers !
    Last edited by navysoxfan; 08-18-2013 at 12:53 AM.

vCash
    There's starting QBs for teams in the league who are not "reliable". So lets say you have one of these "relaible back ups"... You now can't afford them to be on the team . Mystery solved

our future

vCash
    It's a back up QB... how many teams really have one that is reliable? Some teams don't even have a 1st string QB. If Jay or any team's 1st stringer goes down, we're ****ed anyway. Who cares.

Pure Sex.

you have fun with your properly evaluated medical studies....i'll believe my garbage. you believe yours.

vCash
    Ughhh...I'm going to go drink.

vCash
    If the Bears need a quality backup then the season is screwed anyways.
    Screw sabermetics.

vCash
    Here's my point to name Starters and Back Up QB's Past and Present of a few teams that come to
    Mind.
    San Francisco Alex Smith - Colin Capernick, Joe Montana - Steve Young
    Atlanta Mike Vick - Matt Ryan- Matt Schaub , Chris Miller - Brett Favre
    New England Drew Bledsoe - Tom Brady
    Green Bay Brett Favre - Arron Rodgers
    Chicago Jim McMahon - Steve Fuller , Mike Tomczac
    Miami David Woodley- Dan Marino
    Denver Gary Kubiak - John Elway
    Dallas Rodger Stauback - Danny White, Drew Bledsoe - Tony Romo
    Washington Doug Williams - Mark Rypian
    St. Louis Trent Green - Kurt Warner
    New York Giants Phil Simms - David Hostetler, Kurt Warner - Eli Manning

What is wrong with having a dependable go to guy off the bench when your Stater goes Down? Did anyone notice the The Superbowl winners and Great Past and Present day Passers on my list . Even the great ones sat the Bench 2nd string at on time in their careers ? I blame decades of bad Scouting , Coaching ,Drafting, Bad waste of money Free Agents and too Many Bear staffs saying the 2nd and 3rd string does not matter ! Well it does when you are a Bears Quarterback ,because with our offensive line history you might not Finnish the season you started.
    Last edited by navysoxfan; 08-18-2013 at 03:54 AM.

vCash
    Stupid posts are going to get criticized, so here. we. GO!

The large majority of those "proven" backups weren't even ****ing proven until they stepped in to play. Matt Ryan was never Michael Vick's backup. It's Kaepernick, Aaron, Staubach, and Tomczak for all of you degenrates out there.

Also, if you point to first round draft picks intended to replace failing QBs as "reliable backups", it's likely that your parents threw blunt objects in the general direction of your head as a child.

vCash
    Bears D is the backup qb
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

let mister konerko pour you another glass of courvoisier

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    Stupid posts are going to get criticized, so here. we. GO!

The large majority of those "proven" backups weren't even ****ing proven until they stepped in to play. Matt Ryan was never Michael Vick's backup. It's Kaepernick, Aaron, Staubach, and Tomczak for all of you degenrates out there.

Also, if you point to first round draft picks intended to replace failing QBs as "reliable backups", it's likely that your parents threw blunt objects in the general direction of your head as a child.
    Wow make your point with spelling corrections and insults ! Not going to play your game , It would be nice to see a back up QB with skill and talent come in to save the Game or Season instead of wanting tear up my Season tickets whenever the starter goes Down.
    Last edited by navysoxfan; 08-18-2013 at 10:45 AM.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    vCash
    I have a theory

Bears dont want a good backup QB, truth is, they know that Jay cutler isnt a very good QB, and they are worried that like chicago fans have done in the past that if they have a good backup QB, they will call for him over cutler, the FO cant admit that they made a mistake trading for jay cutler, so they would rather have a bad backup QB than admit they are wrong.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FUKudomeYOMOMMA View Post
    Bears D is the backup qb
    Sadly for the Bears and it's long history of revolving door QB's that is the only answer.

vCash
    Debo is right in the fact that some of those backups were an unknown & others were drafted to be future replacements.

It's hard enough to find a reliable starter. Crap, most of the Bears starters in the past 20 years wouldn't be considered reliable backups....

vCash
    Good QBs don't grow on trees.

vCash
    lolololol

vCash
    Loved Debo's post

Mmmmm ... McBuckets

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast