Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Expect the Unexpected

I'm a big fan of Big Brother so for those who watch that is the reasoning for my title. In this thread I'm going to list some things in which I would not be surprised at all if it happens. I'm not predicting any of these things but I'm just going on some gut instinct.

1. Matt Cassel will be our starter at one point in the season. Besides the fact that Ponder has been inconsistent look at the history of the Vikings in the past 20 years. The backup QB for us has always come in and has done well. Cunningham, George & Johnson to name a few. I hope for the love of God that this does not happen but I will not be surprised.

2. A significant injury is bound to happen to one of our better players. Not going to predict who but again we are a cursed franchise.

3. Damn it I can't remember what it was...

I've been sitting on this thread idea for past couple of weeks so as the season nears what are some of your unexpected results.

Adopt-A-Viking: Harrison Smith
    Tackles: 23, INTs: 2, Sacks: 0

vCash
    Cut Jerome Simpson maybe?
    I'd rather keep Joe Webb and see what he can do than watch Simpson go half speed all game.

vCash
    Kind of like how Winfield might not make it in Seattle, I wonder if we will have any surprise cuts.

vCash
    Oh I remember #3 now.

3. Blair Walsh will have somewhat of a normal year. Let's be honest here. He will likely never have another season like he did last year. He set the bar extremely high so we need to be patient with him. He was a very inconsistent kicker in college so I wouldn't be surprised if some of that carries over at some point in his NFL career.

Adopt-A-Viking: Harrison Smith
    Tackles: 23, INTs: 2, Sacks: 0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IBleedPurple View Post
    Cut Jerome Simpson maybe?
    I'd rather keep Joe Webb and see what he can do than watch Simpson go half speed all game.
    I have been hoping for this all off season.

Stephen Burton has been playing awesome too, so i think it will be hard to justify not keeping him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natelpete View Post
    Kind of like how Winfield might not make it in Seattle, I wonder if we will have any surprise cuts.
    Ive been talking with people in the seattle forum and they are saying that theres no way he doesnt make the 53.

vCash
    Christian Ballard leaves the team, I blame you pacofunk lol

jk