Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Gameday Thead-Preseason Week 2: Tennessee Titans vs. Cincinnati Bengals, 7:00 p.m. ET

This should be thougher test for us this week on both offense and defense. I don't think A.J. Green is playing tonight. It's unfortunate since Tommie Campbell is supposedly matching up with the number 1 wideout. If he's not gonna show any improvement I want that charade do be over with. I want, need, desire to see the passing game opened up. I'm also intrigued to see how Warmack does agains Atkins. A lot to look forward to tonight.
    Chicago Cubs: Trade deadline time...yay...
    Tennessee Titans: In Whiz we trust.
    Utah Jazz: Aussie Aussie Aussie, Exum baby! Nice Rodney Hood thievery. Now get Gordo resigned.

vCash
    Munchak said after that first game that they were gonna focus more on the passing game this week. If they don't (especially after Locker had a subpar week from what I read) then that tells me that they don't have all that much confidence in the passing game.

We added a Pro Bowl quality left guard and used a top draft pick on a right guard. Then added Shonn Greene one of the best short-yardage backs in the league to go along with Chris Johnson. We KNOW that we can run the ball now.

The passing game is what needs those preseason reps.

vCash
    Wow...that was a freakin athletic play by Casey.
    Utah Jazz: Aussie Aussie Aussie, Exum baby! Nice Rodney Hood thievery. Now get Gordo resigned.

vCash
    Nice to see pressure on back to back plays.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    Munchak said after that first game that they were gonna focus more on the passing game this week. If they don't (especially after Locker had a subpar week from what I read) then that tells me that they don't have all that much confidence in the passing game.

We added a Pro Bowl quality left guard and used a top draft pick on a right guard. Then added Shonn Greene one of the best short-yardage backs in the league to go along with Chris Johnson. We KNOW that we can run the ball now.

The passing game is what needs those preseason reps.
    The passing game looked good on the first drive. I liked that bootleg pass to Kendall.

vCash
    I think that both first team units (offense and defense) have looked good so far this preseason. You'd like to see the offense sustain those first two drives (tonight) and get at least a TD out of one of them, but other than that they've looked pretty good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by myestro4life View Post
    I think that both first team units (offense and defense) have looked good so far this preseason. You'd like to see the offense sustain those first two drives (tonight) and get at least a TD out of one of them, but other than that they've looked pretty good.
    Yeah definitely. I'm just happy that they've moved the ball through the air.

vCash
    Man, Pollard is strugglin.

vCash
    The receivers certainly aren't helping Jake.

And Bironas....

vCash
    What's wrong with these kickers? Wonder what Gary Anderson is up to these days...

vCash
    - Jake Locker looked sharp. He was 12-20 but several of those came in that 2-minute offense before halftime and he probably had 3 or 4 blatant drops.

- Kenny Britt still a disappointment dropping passes and just still not looking explosive. In my opinion its time to see what Damian Williams can do with some 1st team reps next game.

- Kendall Wright with an expected Knee Sprain but will not have MRI and X-Ray results back until Sunday. Losing him for any amount of regular season games would be big.

- Tommie Campbell said that he felt he played good and that he done his job just got beat by perfectly placed passes.

- Gotta love those "slick balls" that caused the Titans to miss those 3 field goals.

- Aside from that first defensive series the 1st team defensive unit looked bad again this week after getting ripped up by the Redskins last week.

- The offensive line looked solid again this week especially in the run game.

- Jackie Battle has pretty much made the team otherwise I can't imagine him getting so many carries in these games.

vCash
    --I thought Locker was our best player, and that makes me happy. His decision making was quick and he was accurate. If not for at least 3 awful drops, he was 15-20 with at least 1 TD.

--I'm hoping Britt & Nate dropping passes is just rust.

--OL is going to be great.

--PRAYING that Wright's injury isn't serious.

--Verner is a flat out better player than Campbell. No way Campbell should start.

--Defense looked horrendous; shades of last year -- BS zones that gave receivers too much room. I'm REALLY hoping this won't be a repeat of last season; they said they wanted to get aggressive and they BETTER mean it.

vCash
    Ayers injury is concerning as well.

vCash
    Kendall Wright sprained MCL out 2-4 weeks. Dodged a bullet on that one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    Kendall Wright sprained MCL out 2-4 weeks. Dodged a bullet on that one.
    Yeah we did...I was especially concerned and Wright told Wyatt he himself was really concerned.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast