Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Dwyane Wade "I'm Not Done Yet. My Skills Haven't Diminished."

many of you have probably already seen this, but i didn't see it posted and thought it would be a good thread to talk about wade going into this season. this was a great read and wade had some good things to say. gets me even more excited for this season!

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/m...,1501759.story

also he just completed his first basketball workout since the finals after undergoing shockwave treatment for tendinitis in his knee. and i like that it was with tim grover! the tendinitis combined with the bone bruises was the playoff issue, says he couldn't even bend down normally to pull on his shorts. also says "everyone knows where i want to be. i want to be in miami." in regards to next offseason.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/m...,1305150.story

vCash
    He needs to understand he's not 25 anymore. He needs to stop worrying too much about why declining and start worrying about holes in his game. He needs a jump shot period.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Slug3 View Post
    He needs to understand he's not 25 anymore. He needs to stop worrying too much about why declining and start worrying about holes in his game. He needs a jump shot period.
    Ya this is all he really says to address those points.

"You lose something as you get older, when it comes to your athleticism," he said, "but you don't lose your game, you don't lose what's up here."

Of opponents potentially backing off and daring him to shoot jumpers, as the Spurs did during last season's NBA Finals, he said, "I welcome it; it's fine. Especially if I get a chance to shoot mid-range shots, that's what I've done my whole career and I won't stop doing it until I stop playing this game."

I would have loved to see him say something like "I'm committed to improving my jumpshot, and am going to put a ton of work into it."

Although I do think he's addressed a few things already. His post up game has become fantastic, and he continues to get better and better at moving without the ball. The jumpshot is soo key though, because he needs it to have a better chance of staying healthy and to lessen the burden on his knees.
    Last edited by SportsFanatic10; 08-17-2013 at 12:58 AM.

vCash
    although i think some make his jumpshot out to be worse than it is, i'd love to see it improve because it should be better at this stage of his career. that and free throws, if he could be hitting in the 80s that'd be awesome and improve the jumper he could be an elite player for a while still.

vCash
    SportsFanatic10, you mind copying and pasting that first link article you posted on OP? I don't have access to that. It's one of those stupid sun-sentinel red-check articles which you have to buy one of their deals to be able to read

vCash
    Yeah sure Naps, here ya go...

Treated a month ago with shockwave therapy to alleviate knee discomfort, Miami Heat guard Dwyane Wade in a private moment Friday with the Sun Sentinel spoke of what continues to pain him: Perception.

About to turn 32 during the coming season, Wade has heard it all this offseason when it has come to diminished expectations. To some, it already is a given that after struggling through the push to last season's NBA championship, his role alongside LeBron James and Chris Bosh will be reduced, or at least more closely managed, going forward.

It is a concession Wade stressed won't be made, won't need to be made.

"I think we've been around each other long enough to where we respect each other's opinions, respect each other's decision, and most importantly, it's about the big picture," he said of Heat management and the coaching staff.

"So I'm never closed minded on things, but, also, I'm a player. I want to be on the floor. Obviously, I want to be on the floor healthy. So, we'll see. I'm going to go into the season, take it day by day, step by step. I'm not going to think about what people say I should do or think I should do. I'll do what my body tells me to do."

Friday, while speaking at his adult fantasy camp at the Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa,

there only were positive signs, less than 12 hours after completing his first basketball-related workout since winning his third championship on June 20, at AmericanAirlines Arena against the San Antonio Spurs. Thursday's night-owl session came under the tutelage of noted trainer Tim Grover, who is among those working Wade's annual camp.

"I'm not done yet," Wade said. "I still got more in the tank. Like I said, my focus is just to make sure physically I can do the things I need to do. My skills haven't diminished by no stretch of the imagination."

Yes, there are concessions to age after 10 years in the league, but not to the degree many anticipate, amid speculation ranging from the Heat holding him out of a preset number of games during the regular season to resting him on the second nights of back-to-back games.

"You lose something as you get older, when it comes to your athleticism," he said, "but you don't lose your game, you don't lose what's up here [pointing to his head].

"My job, my whole life, I've always had that kind of doubter, people have always doubted me. And I don't know how I would succeed without it. So I welcome it, and it gives me a challenge and I will see if I can live up to my challenge."

For Wade, the target is not the Oct. 1 start of training camp, but the Oct. 29 regular-season opener against the visiting Chicago Bulls.

"I'm still in my process of recovering from the bone bruises that I had, and the tendinitis in my knee," he said. "So, you know, I'm not 100 percent, but I'm getting better, and over the course of time, it will get better and better as I get strong."

Wade's final bow last season came with 23 points and 10 rebounds in Game 7 against the Spurs. He revealed Friday of just how painful a bow it was.

"In the Finals, if I tried to bend down and put on my shorts, the way I had do it was a little weird," he said. "But now I'm able to do it normal. So it's just getting back to the basics of certain things."

Thursday's late-night workout was a start. Others can now follow.

Dwyane Wade is in the process of trying to become Dwyane Wade again.

"My biggest thing," he said, "is when I'm healthy, I can do the things that I want to do. And I can do the things I'm accustomed to doing and what people have come accustomed to me doing. When you're not, you have to make the adjustment, so you're not the player you want to be.

"My focus is to be able to come into the season strong, and then once I'm able to accomplish that, then everything else is just the game of basketball and just going out there and being one of the best players in the game."

More Wade

In an earlier group interview, Wade touched on several other subjects.

-On bypassing the type of blood-spinning procedure offered in Germany and previously utilized by Kobe Bryant and others for knee pain, Wade said, "I wasn't taking that flight. But you ask your doctors what they feel and they didn't feel I needed to go there. . . . It's not a structural thing, so it's really not what [blood-spinning] does. I think people have a little bit of a misconception about exactly what that treatment does."

-Of heightened competition in the Eastern Conference this season, he said, "Well, the East obviously got strong. Brooklyn did something that's unprecedented, to put five All-Star players on the floor at one time. Not that many people pull that off, especially with Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett, guys that you think of them, you think of Boston."

-Of opponents potentially backing off and daring him to shoot jumpers, as the Spurs did during last season's NBA Finals, he said, "I welcome it; it's fine. Especially if I get a chance to shoot mid-range shots, that's what I've done my whole career and I won't stop doing it until I stop playing this game."

vCash
    Thanks a lot dude! That was indeed a good read. I just wish he would spend his entire summer under Tim Grover. Just like he did in 2008. He was so banged and injured but Grover worked Magic. I want a healthy Wade for the whole season, specially for the playoffs. A healthy Wade is the best guard on the planet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by naps View Post
    Thanks a lot dude! That was indeed a good read. I just wish he would spend his entire summer under Tim Grover. Just like he did in 2008. He was so banged and injured but Grover worked Magic. I want a healthy Wade for the whole season, specially for the playoffs. A healthy Wade is the best guard on the planet.

Like most of you posters, I just want Wade to be healthy for an entire season and playoff run... I feel if he does that, he might finish top 3 in MVP voting and might be able to have the NBA Final's judges think twice about giving the finals' MVP to Lbj ( I know I am thinking to far a head).
    Last edited by Dade County; 08-18-2013 at 07:20 PM.

Enjoy Haters
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQkyxNNNefg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImlKH...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by naps View Post
    great news on that front as well. i found a new article and here's a piece of it:

Dwyane Wade is starting an important offseason, one in which he must balance recovery from more knee issues and Pat Riley's challenge to drop weight and develop his game.

To do so, he has rehired famed trainer Tim Grover and will work with him for six weeks leading up to the Miami Heat's training camp for the 2013-14 season.

Wade has vowed that he will return a different player than he was at the end of last season, when he was limited by bone bruises and tendinitis in his knees. The 31-year-old guard averaged 21.2 points per game during the regular season, but just 15.9 PPG in the playoffs.

So to return to form, Wade has reached back into his past and out to Grover, whom he has worked with many times before but not for the past few summers.

"I don't train my clients to be good as new, I want them to be better than ever," Grover said about working with Wade again. "That's the goal for Dwyane."

Riley, the Heat president, said he is hoping for Wade to get down to 212 pounds, the weight he was when he came into the NBA, next season to reduce the strain on his knees and get some mobility back. Wade is listed at 220 pounds on the official roster but may have carried more than that over the past few seasons.

"He’s going to get down to 212 pounds next year and he’s going to come back and reinvent himself and everyone is going to say 'Wow,'" Riley said at the end of the NBA Finals on Dan Le Batard’s radio show.

here's the link to the full article for those who want to check it out...

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/mia...ver-once-again

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SportsFanatic10 View Post
    great news on that front as well. i found a new article and here's a piece of it:

Dwyane Wade is starting an important offseason, one in which he must balance recovery from more knee issues and Pat Riley's challenge to drop weight and develop his game.

To do so, he has rehired famed trainer Tim Grover and will work with him for six weeks leading up to the Miami Heat's training camp for the 2013-14 season.

Wade has vowed that he will return a different player than he was at the end of last season, when he was limited by bone bruises and tendinitis in his knees. The 31-year-old guard averaged 21.2 points per game during the regular season, but just 15.9 PPG in the playoffs.

So to return to form, Wade has reached back into his past and out to Grover, whom he has worked with many times before but not for the past few summers.

"I don't train my clients to be good as new, I want them to be better than ever," Grover said about working with Wade again. "That's the goal for Dwyane."

Riley, the Heat president, said he is hoping for Wade to get down to 212 pounds, the weight he was when he came into the NBA, next season to reduce the strain on his knees and get some mobility back. Wade is listed at 220 pounds on the official roster but may have carried more than that over the past few seasons.

"Heís going to get down to 212 pounds next year and heís going to come back and reinvent himself and everyone is going to say 'Wow,'" Riley said at the end of the NBA Finals on Dan Le Batardís radio show.

here's the link to the full article for those who want to check it out...

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/mia...ver-once-again

Awesome!! I am really excited! I have always said Wade should have spent all his summers with Grover. But he didn't go back to Grover past 3/4 summers. Grover is like a god! I really think we are going to see the old flash back. He realizes how important for him to show LeBron how much he still has left in his tank. Loving it!

vCash

vCash
    good news but i'm going to have to wait till the playoffs to see it. he played great in the regular season, really efficient. In the playoffs, he tends to slack and have a few great games. we need Wade to be a 20-22 PPG, 4 RPG, 4 APG player constantly. If he can't do that, James has to be superman again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    good news but i'm going to have to wait till the playoffs to see it. he played great in the regular season, really efficient. In the playoffs, he tends to slack and have a few great games. we need Wade to be a 20-22 PPG, 4 RPG, 4 APG player constantly. If he can't do that, James has to be superman again.
    LOL how about Game 3 vs SAS and the one Finals game where LBJ stat padded to surpass Wade's number LoL.

Something is up with Wade but I bet its not what you or any LBJ only fan thinks. :P

Sorry bout that.
    I'm Normally Not a Praying Man, but If You're up There...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rex.reyesiii View Post
    LOL how about Game 3 vs SAS and the one Finals game where LBJ stat padded to surpass Wade's number LoL.

Something is up with Wade but I bet its not what you or any LBJ only fan thinks. :P

Sorry bout that.
    wtf are you talking about? LBJ stat padded in a finals game? You really think he cares about that when they were down? Man, stop making crap up. Wade had maybe 2-3 great games. leBron was great 80% of the time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    wtf are you talking about? LBJ stat padded in a finals game? You really think he cares about that when they were down? Man, stop making crap up. Wade had maybe 2-3 great games. leBron was great 80% of the time.
    ya i don't agree with the lebron stat padding thing mentioned above, it's the finals and there is no such thing at that point period. but i find the comment about wade "tending to slack" to be a bit ludicrous. he was playing through a bad injury and still managed to show up when the season was on the line. yes he didn't play up to par, but wade is certainly capable of putting up better numbers than you outlined. i can't wait for him to prove the haters wrong, with any luck he'll be healthy and there will be a 3peat almost for sure in that case. wade is still a beast, he just needs his legs under him and i think having grover in his corner again is a huge step in that regard. a healthy playoff wade = another chip period imo. he's the x factor.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast