Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Gain 1 game per week

Girardi put a number on what he thought the Yankees needed to do in order to qualify for postseason. Joe said 35-12 when they had 47 games left....Managers usually never put a number out like that....He was being honest though...

How about keeping it simple with just trying to gain 1 game in the standing per week??? There are 6 weeks left and if they can do that it can be done....They do have to climb over 4 teams for the 2nd WC spot but I think they can do it...Let's hope their offense is now loaded for a 6 week run!
    Nick

vCash
    35-12, 1 game per week, 47-0, I don't know the exact number. All I know is that they need to continue to win series and the rest should take care of itself. They have 10 games left against the Red Sox, 6 against the Rays, 7 against the O's. They have a bunch against teams like the Jays, White Sox, and Astros that need to be won (a few sweeps).

Masahiro Tanaka

11-1| 99.2 IP| 10.20 K/9| 1.44 BB/9| 0.90 HR/9| 1.99 ERA| 2.70 FIP| 2.32 xFIP| 2.9 fWAR

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Girardi put a number on what he thought the Yankees needed to do in order to qualify for postseason. Joe said 35-12 when they had 47 games left....Managers usually never put a number out like that....He was being honest though...

How about keeping it simple with just trying to gain 1 game in the standing per week??? There are 6 weeks left and if they can do that it can be done....They do have to climb over 4 teams for the 2nd WC spot but I think they can do it...Let's hope their offense is now loaded for a 6 week run!

You better do the math again. Gain one game a week on who? That's fine if they only have to catch one team, but that's not the case. Gaining one game a week isn't going to get it done.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

vCash
    I like to gain one game per week while also enjoying cheese.

The Arod and Hughes then will the Gerri post.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Bummer. The Core Be No More.

vCash
    The problem isn't so much the number of games as it is the number of teams to surpass.

vCash
    We just need to focus on winning games and winning series. All the other numbers do not need to be worried about. Win games and the rest will take care of itself. Time to beat Boston's *** tonight!

vCash
    Win all the series and we're in

!Tank the season for Bridgewater!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Renz13 View Post
    The problem isn't so much the number of games as it is the number of teams to surpass.

True but they do play 20 games vs the Rays, RedSox and O's....so if they can go 16-4 they could catch them....i am not worried about Baltimore so muh....We just need Cleveland and Oakland to slump a little....I think the team will continue it's hot streak....they need to sweep today though....
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    You better do the math again. Gain one game a week on who? That's fine if they only have to catch one team, but that's not the case. Gaining one game a week isn't going to get it done.
    Gain one game on the final WC team....as long as that number decreases 1 game per week it doesn't matter what teams are ahead.....by Sunday night it must be 5 and then 4 the following Sunday...
    Nick

vCash
    Well, obviously, though unlikely, if they sweep the 20 games (or win 80% of them) against their three division rivals, the Yankees will probably leapfrog all 3 and win the Division Title and won't have to worry about the Wild Card.