Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Sandberg gets his wish - new manager of the Phillies

I thought this might still be relevant to Cubs fans - looks like Sandberg will be replacing Charlie Manual today as the Phillies manager. Here's the MLBTR summary (sorry if this website is still not an acceptable reference to some of the people on the message board):

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/0...al-change.html

I've always wondered how Sandberg would operate at the major league level, and while it's a shame to see him outside of the Cubs organization, I guess that we have to trust that he would never have been a good fit with Thoyer.

vCash
    Mother ****er!
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    (Topic: Pat Riley)Yeah snorting coke off of Lebron James thigh obviously makes you crazy.

vCash
    Congrats to him, but an overall meh from me.

vCash
    Twitter is abuzz with those lamenting that the Cubs didn't give Ryan Sandberg a chance.

The true fans that probably want Greg Maddox to be pitching coach and Chip Carrey back in the booth

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    Twitter is abuzz with those lamenting that the Cubs didn't give Ryan Sandberg a chance.

The true fans that probably want Greg Maddox to be pitching coach and Chip Carrey back in the booth
    Worst news for Cubs fans this year: Ryan Sandberg is now the manager of the Philadelphia Phillies
    Actually it isnt as bad as I expected it to be. And nobody in their right mind wants Chip Caray or Carrey or Carey in the booth

vCash
    Dgaf. Dale and his tattoos trump him.

vCash
    Something about Sandberg and "him not being the Cubs manager" just brings the meatballs out of the woodwork. I don't get it.

vCash
    I knew I didn't want Sandberg as the manager when I heard about him having his number 3 hitter sacrifice bunt in the first inning when he was managing at Peoria.

vCash
    I wanted Sandberg, but oh well. Pretty risky hiring a manager that has never coach in MLB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gotcrean View Post
    I wanted Sandberg, but oh well. Pretty risky hiring a manager that has never coach in MLB.
    He was their 3B coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ReJo View Post
    I knew I didn't want Sandberg as the manager when I heard about him having his number 3 hitter sacrifice bunt in the first inning when he was managing at Peoria.
    That was the minor leagues, I'll hold judgement until I see what he does at the major league level.

We chose Pinella or Girardi because of experience and most of us regret that decision now. I'll be rooting for Ryno. It is just an interim position so if Ryno looks like the next Joe McCarthy, we could still get him :-)

I do think it is pretty crappy of the Phillies to fire Manuel in the middle of the season. The guy won a World Series and deserved a proper farewell.

vCash
    I hate how horrible this will be twisted, especially if Sandberg ends up being a good coach. Nobody didn't want Sandberg the individual as a head coach, but they just felt that he had to work his way up to it. The state of the Cubs didn't allow him to work his way since the regime changed halfway so he went to the Phillies.

Nothing wrong with that from either side, but of course the media and meatball fans have to play up the "one who got away" side of everything.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

vCash
    Good luck with his small ball old school approach but if he works out well then we fire dale and hire him he returns us to glory after learning there

vCash
    I'm going to look forward to seeing the Phillies still suck under him and him getting the blame.

vCash
    Never really wanted Sandberg as the manager here, but I'm happy for him in Philly.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast