Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 47
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    8,857
    vCash
    1500

    If Dr. Buss Were Healthy, Phil Jackson Would Have Been Head Coach

    http://www.lakersnation.com/if-dr-bu...ch/2013/08/14/

    After the Los Angeles Lakers officially parted ways with head coach Mike Brown last season, 11-time NBA champion Phil Jackson was dubbed the favorite to become the team’s next leader on the sidelines. Although Jackson had said he had no intention to return to coaching in the NBA in the past, the Zen Master expressed considerable interest in returning to the Lakers for a third tour.

    Ultimately, the Lakers’ front office decided to go in an entirely different direction by hiring Mike D’Antoni instead. The hiring of D’Antoni took everyone by surprise, angered most fans and resulted in a disappointing end to season filled with injuries and failed expectations.

    According to Ric Bucher of The Hollywood Reporter, an unnamed source says Phil would’ve been hired by the Lakers had Dr. Jerry Buss been healthy:

    “The Lakers went into that week prepared to offer the job to Phil,” says one source. “Dr. Buss may have rubber-stamped [the D'Antoni hiring], but he clearly wasn’t at the helm. If he had been healthy and involved, that never would’ve happened.”

    Before the Lakers had officially made the announcement of D’Antoni’s hiring to replace Brown, it was Phil’s job to lose with numerous reports of the team going all in to bring him back. It appeared to be only a matter of time before he was hired for a third tour. Jackson was said to be mulling over the decision to return, but it was basically a foregone conclusion that he’d be back on the bench if the team met his terms.

    It comes as no surprise that a healthy Dr. Buss would’ve changed the outcome of the coaching search for the Lakers. Jim Buss and Phil haven’t exactly seen eye-to-eye over the years and the Lakers Executive VP clearly wanted to take the team in a new direction, but Dr. Buss has always had confidence in Jackson’s ability.

    After leading the Lakers to five NBA titles during his time in Los Angeles, it’s hard to argue that Phil wasn’t the right man for the job. Dwight Howard also asked for Phil to coach this team earlier in the season, but the front office still decided to go with D’Antoni.

    It’d be safe to say at this point in time that if the Lakers’ front office was given another to make a different decision, Phil would’ve been the coach of this team last season and for the foreseeable future. Dwight might’ve also decided to stay.
    Looks like Jim isn't only an ego manic dimwitted moron... He is also a lying sac of **** and I'm sure if he had to do it all over again, he would probly still go with Pringles. He's just that rare combination of ego and stupidity that only comes around once in a lifetime and the worse thing about it all is that this **** up is in a position of power and is now the sole person responsible for making all key decisions that affect our favorite team. God help us.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    My Happy Place
    Posts
    10,853
    vCash
    1500
    Well whats done is done. Hopefully in a year or two we get Jennie Buss running the Lakers instead of this jack off. Than again, with this still being the macho sport, I can see her not being the owner still just because of the fact that she's a woman.

    Speaking of which, has their ever been female owners in the NBA, MLB or NFL?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,337
    vCash
    1500
    Ric Bucher + "unnamed source" =

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    8,857
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sssmush View Post
    Ric Bucher + "unnamed source" =
    Nope. Jim Buss apologists still making excuses despite all the failures we have witnessed =
    Last edited by amos1er; 08-16-2013 at 06:20 AM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,337
    vCash
    1500
    Nice attempt at a spin job though.

    This is clearly a direct response to the new Kupchak and Jim Buss interviews where it was once again made clear that Jerry Buss is the one who made the command decision to not hire Phil.

    Of course I understand why that is such a crucial point of contention, but this spin job is clumsy and, if you think about it, obviously false.

    Think about it: If the Lakers "went into that week prepared to offer the job to Phil" before going to get the final approval from Jerry Buss, then how is it that Jerry Buss ends up "rubber stamping" a decision to hire Dantoni that he would have disagreed with if only he had the energy?

    The only way the Lakers management (i.e., Jim and Mitch) goes into that week/weekend ready to give the job to Phil (and in fact putting an offer on the table) is if it was THEIR decision. Then as you remember Phil had special demands, then they went to Jerry Buss for final approval, and THEN the rug was pulled out from under Phil. That was a Jerry Buss veto, plain and simple; the documented timeline and even the between-the-lines of this Bucher story prove that.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    8,857
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sssmush View Post
    Nice attempt at a spin job though.

    This is clearly a direct response to the new Kupchak and Jim Buss interviews where it was once again made clear that Jerry Buss is the one who made the command decision to not hire Phil.

    Of course I understand why that is such a crucial point of contention, but this spin job is clumsy and, if you think about it, obviously false.

    Think about it: If the Lakers "went into that week prepared to offer the job to Phil" before going to get the final approval from Jerry Buss, then how is it that Jerry Buss ends up "rubber stamping" a decision to hire Dantoni that he would have disagreed with if only he had the energy?

    The only way the Lakers management (i.e., Jim and Mitch) goes into that week/weekend ready to give the job to Phil (and in fact putting an offer on the table) is if it was THEIR decision. Then as you remember Phil had special demands, then they went to Jerry Buss for final approval, and THEN the rug was pulled out from under Phil. That was a Jerry Buss veto, plain and simple; the documented timeline and even the between-the-lines of this Bucher story prove that.
    The only spin jobs are all the crap reports defending Jim with lie after lie... Especially all the bs spun by company kiss arses like Ireland and Shelburne. We all know the truth and even Dwight said repeatedly that he would have stayed if Phil was here and Jim didn't get Phil even though he could have still gotten him during the offseason and he still didn't. Do you really think that Dr. Buss would have been foolish enough to ignore the wishes of his new franchise player that he just gambled his best trading asset on. Doubtful, especially considering when Magic asked for Riley... It was done. Getting Phil was really a no brainer and Jim is a complete coward for hiding behind his sick father on that decision instead of being man enough to come out and own it.
    Last edited by amos1er; 08-16-2013 at 07:07 AM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Posts
    5,869
    vCash
    1500
    I spoke with Dr. Buss himself, he said he thinks that MDA would be good for the lakers to bring a showtime feel back. But no one that doesn't know what i do will believe me, so just take my post with a grain of salt.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    14,628
    vCash
    1500
    We got your point amos, this is like your 100th post about how bad is jimbo.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Death Valley
    Posts
    4,408
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by amos1er View Post
    http://www.lakersnation.com/if-dr-bu...ch/2013/08/14/



    Looks like Jim isn't only an ego manic dimwitted moron... He is also a lying sac of **** and I'm sure if he had to do it all over again, he would probly still go with Pringles. He's just that rare combination of ego and stupidity that only comes around once in a lifetime and the worse thing about it all is that this **** up is in a position of power and is now the sole person responsible for making all key decisions that affect our favorite team. God help us.
    Well it still doesn't change the fact we'll still probably lose in the playoffs still. Also I think the Dr Buss have divided everything for his kids to keep Phil out because he was worried that Phil might take advantage of him and get into power which he might not had wanted. Anyways all water under the bridge now.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Death Valley
    Posts
    4,408
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JNA17 View Post
    Well whats done is done. Hopefully in a year or two we get Jennie Buss running the Lakers instead of this jack off. Than again, with this still being the macho sport, I can see her not being the owner still just because of the fact that she's a woman.

    Speaking of which, has their ever been female owners in the NBA, MLB or NFL?
    And she doesn't want to go against Dad's wishes.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Death Valley
    Posts
    4,408
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by amos1er View Post
    The only spin jobs are all the crap reports defending Jim with lie after lie... Especially all the bs spun by company kiss arses like Ireland and Shelburne. We all know the truth and even Dwight said repeatedly that he would have stayed if Phil was here and Jim didn't get Phil even though he could have still gotten him during the offseason and he still didn't. Do you really think that Dr. Buss would have been foolish enough to ignore the wishes of his new franchise player that he just gambled his best trading asset on. Doubtful, especially considering when Magic asked for Riley... It was done. Getting Phil was really a no brainer and Jim is a complete coward for hiding behind his sick father on that decision instead of being man enough to come out and own it.
    Well that's a good thing because Jim doesn't like Phil very much and also blood kids win everytime. Also I don't think Dwight was going to stay regardless because he doesn't want to play second fiddle to Kobe, and also Phil will eat Dwight for lunch because Dwight is emotionally soft.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,742
    vCash
    1500

    If Dr. Buss Were Healthy, Phil Jackson Would Have Been Head Coach

    Wait... Bucher works for the Hollywood reporter now? Hahaha

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Still1Ballin's basement
    Posts
    15,009
    vCash
    1500
    Woulda, coulda, shoulda, it happened. Moving On...
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenged24 View Post
    go raiders


  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,667
    vCash
    1500
    Whatever the situation was, I'll tell you right now Phil wouldn't have Jordan Hill shooting 3 pointers!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Glendale, CA
    Posts
    14,590
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Storch View Post
    I spoke with Dr. Buss himself, he said he thinks that MDA would be good for the lakers to bring a showtime feel back. But no one that doesn't know what i do will believe me, so just take my post with a grain of salt.
    Aren't you a surgeon Storch?


    The Future

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •