Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Giancarlo Stanton will...

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Propel the Marlins to a 3 game sweep

1 11.11%
  • Not do much this series

1 11.11%
  • Somehow end up on the Giants after this series

2 22.22%
  • Who cares? We have Jeff Francoeur!

5 55.56%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

The World Series of Failure: SF Giants @ Miami Marlins - August 16-18

SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS (53-67) @ MIAMI MARLINS (46-73)

MARLINS PARK

Game 1: Friday, August 16th @ 4:10 PM

VS.
    Chad Gaudin..........Nathan Eovaldi

Code:

11*      Starts   10
                                5        Wins     2
                                2        Losses   2         
                                2.42     ERA      2.82                  
                                1.14     WHIP     1.15                  
                                93.0     IP       60.2
                                83       K's      41
                                36       BB's     26
    * 29 games

Scouting Report:
    Giants: The Marlins are among the nine teams for which the well-traveled Gaudin has toiled. He was 4-2 with a 4.54 ERA in 46 relief appearances with Miami last year. Though Gaudin is 4-0 on the road, all five homers he has allowed were hit away from home.

Fish: Remarkably, Eovaldi has not received as much as one run of support in five straight starts. He comes off a no-decision at Atlanta, where he matched a career high with eight strikeouts in seven scoreless innings.

Game 2: Saturday, August 17th @ 4:10 PM

VS.
    Matt Cain......Henderson Alvarez

Code:

24       Starts   8
                                7        Wins     2
                                8        Losses   1         
                                4.44     ERA      2.18                  
                                1.13     WHIP     1.16                  
                                146.0    IP       51.0
                                132      K's      27
                                45       BB's     11

Scouting Report:
    Giants: Interestingly, Cain's road ERA (3.90) is a full run better than his home ERA at pitcher-friendly AT&T Park. However, he has surrendered 11 home runs in 10 road starts, compared with seven long balls in 14 home outings.

Fish: Alvarez's streak of 49 straight innings without allowing a home run was snapped at Atlanta on Sunday. The Braves' Freddie Freeman belted a three-run shot, and Alvarez gave up four runs in six innings in a no-decision.

Game 3: Sunday, August 18th @ 10:10 AM

VS.
    Mad Bum..........Tom Koehler
    Code:

24       Starts   15 (21 games)
                                11       Wins     3
                                7        Losses   8         
                                2.73     ERA      4.62                 
                                0.99     WHIP     1.35                 
                                158.0    IP       97.1
                                154      K's      68
                                46       BB's     34

Scouting Report:
    Giants: Bumgarner has recorded a 1.80 ERA in his last 11 starts, including his last outing, a rain-shortened, four-inning affair at Washington. The All-Star is on his way to lowering his WHIP for the third consecutive season.

Fish: Koehler worked 5 1/3 innings and allowed nine hits and five earned runs last Monday in a loss at Kansas City. He was late covering first on two ground balls and will strive to make that correction.
    GUESTS SIGN UP HERE!!!!!!
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

#3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    I can't wait to see that ugly ****ing thing in CF for three straight games.

Playoff Bochy.

vCash
    Belt!

vCash
    Would you like to hear some irony my friends? Not only has Brandon "Bad *ss" Belt been one of our better overall players this year (sporting a sparkly OPS of .826, plus an OBP of .350 and a SLG of .477), but he now leads the team in that overrated stat...*wait for it*...HOME RUNS! lol lol lol lol! Belt is king dik haters! You will like it, and you will like it A LOT Long live the Belt believers! All hail common sense! #patienceandlogic #vindication #bestmanforthe1Bjobhandsdown . Death to the unbelievers! #butthatoneguyhitsitrealrealfar #healsohasthegloveofadoctorwhodoesanalexams #thisisonebitterPILLtoswallow (see what I did there? )

How sweet it is, how unbelievably sweet it is! 2010 AND 2012 San Francisco Giants are WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alleyeson49 View Post
    Would you like to hear some irony my friends? Not only has Brandon "Bad *ss" Belt been one of our better overall players this year (sporting a sparkly OPS of .826, plus an OBP of .350 and a SLG of .477), but he now leads the team in that overrated stat...*wait for it*...HOME RUNS! lol lol lol lol! Belt is king dik haters! You will like it, and you will like it A LOT Long live the Belt believers! All hail common sense! #patienceandlogic #vindication #bestmanforthe1Bjobhandsdown . Death to the unbelievers! #butthatoneguyhitsitrealrealfar #healsohasthegloveofadoctorwhodoesanalexams #thisisonebitterPILLtoswallow (see what I did there? )
    But he only hits solo shots when the game is already lost or when our season is already shot...
    "They throw the ball, I hit it. They hit the ball, I catch it." - Willie Mays

vCash

Belt

Quote Originally Posted by Alleyeson49 View Post
    I love Belt, but its too early to call him a superstar now. Just like it was too early to call him a bust. Let's not jump to conclusions just cause someone hits a couple of home runs or goes 0-4 in one game.

That said, it's not a great sign when you're a top 3 hitter on the worst hitting team in the majors ...

vCash
    Belt has been fine in what's been a dismal season all around. And since that extra inning game where he struck out like 8 times (or whatever it was) he's done really well.

Maybe our resident forum statistician SFRush () can dig up and post his numbers for us since that one disaster of a game until now.
    "They throw the ball, I hit it. They hit the ball, I catch it." - Willie Mays

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by amircat View Post
    I love Belt, but its too early to call him a superstar now. Just like it was too early to call him a bust. Let's not jump to conclusions just cause someone hits a couple of home runs or goes 0-4 in one game.

That said, it's not a great sign when you're a top 3 hitter on the worst hitting team in the majors ...
    It's a better sign when you have the 31st best NL average, tied with Jay Bruce (they're tied in OPS, too), the 35th best wOBA in all baseball, and tied with Dom Brown, Joey Bats, Carlos Gomes, and Evan Longoria in wRC+, just above Allen Craig.

Not really a superstar for sure, but not a slumpy shouldered bust like so many were crowing about.

vCash
    I predict another crappy series from Belt. He sucks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by #24 View Post
    Belt has been fine in what's been a dismal season all around. And since that extra inning game where he struck out like 8 times (or whatever it was) he's done really well.

Maybe our resident forum statistician SFRush () can dig up and post his numbers for us since that one disaster of a game until now.
    Since July 8th of the 0-8, 5K game he's batted .323/.417/.538 with a .382 wOBA.

2010, 2012, and 2014 World Series Champions

vCash
    2B Scutaro
    SS Crawford
    1B Belt
    RF Pence
    3B Sandoval
    C Sanchez
    LF Kieschnick
    CF Blanco
    P Gaudin

2010, 2012, and 2014 World Series Champions

vCash
    Giancarlo is in a terrible slump right now

Carolina

vCash
    Oh, we have the cure for that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by amircat View Post

No one called him a superstar, I just laid it on a little thick because of all the hate Belt has been receiving compared to the other IN-HOUSE options. The man did not set the world on fire like Sandoval in his breakout season, nor Posey, but who does? He's a good player, and he's obviously improving from season to season. People just look for things to complain about with him. If he was doing sh*tty during what seems to be a pretty much lost season, no one would let up on him, and the bashing would be insane. Now that he's one of our better players during this stretch and excelling, they say he's doing it when it doesn't count. All these fabricated slights at him are so transparent. If you hate the guy for whatever reason, just say you hate the guy (not directing this toward you sir, you actually like him). People shouldn't say he's not playing well overall, because he is. The detailed, most important stats bear that out.

You see, all these defensive comments we make are just for those who's ripping of him is unfounded. Anyways, all this lighthearted bickering aside, I wish our season was going so much better, so that this wasn't the highlight of the debates . However, he's been a slight ray of sunshine in the clouds, and I hope he keeps playing at this level for a long time to come. You got a pretty good thing going with Belt Giants fan, don't shun it because it's not the second coming of "Will the Thrill" (...yet)

How sweet it is, how unbelievably sweet it is! 2010 AND 2012 San Francisco Giants are WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by #24 View Post
    But he only hits solo shots when the game is already lost or when our season is already shot...
    I swear my friend, any reason for people to beat him down lol. If that's how some treat him when he's actually playing out of his mind, you can only imagine what they'd say if he were to struggle (actually, we've seen it, and it's not pretty lol). Just give credit when credit is due, and rip him when it's due (like we do with ALL players). Ex: "Belt was NL Player of the Week"..."Why wasn't he MLB Player of the Week?!?!" lmao <--- a made up sample of how whatever he does is never good enough lol

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast