Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

The Exact Moment We Lost Mark Sanchez

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBhi7jwOV4c

First, I'm sorry if the link is not active, not sure I did it right.

I have been looking for this for three days. Go to about 2:15 and watch the sack on Sanchez. I vividly remember the hit because he was so completely blindsided.

The point is, the beginning of the incredible turnover streak, IMO, can almost be traced back to that moment. If you remember that's the stretch of games where we lost Mangold and the line just fell apart.

I don't know, he was never the same after that hit, he never had the same pocket presence again...

Not saying he was slated for elite status before the hit, but really he was almost like a different guy after that...

Any thoughts?

Wide Load Beast Of The Green & White Northeast

vCash
    Personally - I think it was week 1 vs Baltimore in 2011. I am not sure if that is the game you are referencing.

He got the crap beat out of him, we lost a lot of line depth that game.

Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Realistik84 View Post
    Personally - I think it was week 1 vs Baltimore in 2011. I am not sure if that is the game you are referencing.

its the same game, I don't know which one is correct but we obv didn't play Baltimore in Week 1 and Week 4

Agreed though, that was the beginning of the end. That turned him from pocket presence to cat and mouse. Also worth noting that we haven't had a line since then so it could still be just that.

Fricken Alex Moran at QB

vCash
    made me so sad to watch that lol i had so much faith in sanchez.. my last name is sanchez jets fan in NYC perfect storm... ****
    NYJ
    Jet Nation

NYK
    #3ToTheHead

NYY

Get Up!!!

http://twitter.com/TrueNYJetGS

vCash
    Yeah it made me sad too and It makes me angry at myself for picking on him the last couple of years he got the **** beat out of him

TATAR SAUCE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsnQueens7 View Post
    Yeah it made me sad too and It makes me angry at myself for picking on him the last couple of years he got the **** beat out of him
    lol the fights on this forum over sanchez

He had 4 turnovers vs Baltimore!

But you can see how bad he got decked in that game without Mangold. Nobody is going to survive that. Mangold came back but our line was never the same after 2010 and he's been on the run ever since.

vCash
    I don't think one single play ruined Sanchez, but that game was one that sticks out in my mind. Also, the game against the Eagles in 2011.

vCash
    And if memory serves me correctly in that game, didn't Sanchez get decked by Ed Reed on the 1st offensive play that was run back for a TD to give the Ravens a 7-0 lead? Quite frankly, that has really been the downfall of the Jets offense; the o-line now is like 1/1000th of what it was when Ryan took over when we had Ferguson, Faneca, Mangold, Moore, and Woody.
    PSD's Sheldon Richardson!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    And if memory serves me correctly in that game, didn't Sanchez get decked by Ed Reed on the 1st offensive play that was run back for a TD to give the Ravens a 7-0 lead? Quite frankly, that has really been the downfall of the Jets offense; the o-line now is like 1/1000th of what it was when Ryan took over when we had Ferguson, Faneca, Mangold, Moore, and Woody.
    I won't say it is as good, but I don't think it is far off. One thing is for sure, with depth considered are line is WAY better than last two years.

Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    its the same game, I don't know which one is correct but we obv didn't play Baltimore in Week 1 and Week 4

Agreed though, that was the beginning of the end. That turned him from pocket presence to cat and mouse. Also worth noting that we haven't had a line since then so it could still be just that.

Fricken Alex Moran at QB
    We played them week 1 in 2010 - I remember it was MNF and we lost 10-9 with so many chances to win

So in essence - without even watching the YouTube clip I mention the same game as OP and therefore commend you OP - this game ****ed everything up LOL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Realistik84 View Post

That season, they were a Tebow miracle drive away from sitting at 9-4 but instead were 8-5 before the wheels came off that night in Philly against Marty's offense which bewildered Rex. I think that may have something to do with why Rex chose him. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Hunter helped lead to his demise that year.

I think 2012 was Mark's worst season and as the season progressed and his protection broke down and his weapons taken away. Dustin Keller was a real puss not to show up game after game which is prolly why they never talked to him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post

Fricken Alex Moran at QB
    I can't be the only one that got this reference.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post
    That season, they were a Tebow miracle drive away from sitting at 9-4 but instead were 8-5 before the wheels came off that night in Philly against Marty's offense which bewildered Rex. I think that may have something to do with why Rex chose him. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Hunter helped lead to his demise that year.

I think 2012 was Mark's worst season and as the season progressed and his protection broke down and his weapons taken away. Dustin Keller was a real puss not to show up game after game which is prolly why they never talked to him.
    Agreed

TATAR SAUCE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ - NYY View Post
    made me so sad to watch that lol i had so much faith in sanchez.. my last name is sanchez jets fan in NYC perfect storm... ****
    Maybe he will rebound win a Super Bowl and give your name GLORY! My wishes are with yours

vCash
    The real moment we lost MSanchez was the moment the Jets needed MSanchez to win games with his arm.

I said it before I say it again... QBs that only start 1 year in college, rarely if ever succeed in the pros.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast