Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Fab Melo traded to Grizzlies for Donte Green

The Memphis Grizzlies and the Boston Celtics are working on a trade.
    Grizzlies would get Fab Melo and trade Donte Greene to the Celtics.
    http://www.sportando.net/eng/usa/nba...te-greene.html

lol!
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    If Sullinger ever finishes an NBA season in the top 75 in Win Shares, I'll quit the forum.
    ^^ Deal taken! ^^

vCash
    Is Green any good?

Boston kept sending Fab to the d-league.

Who the best in the league? You tell me...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFEnNB4aSRs

vCash
    just looking to shed salary - the main issue is that Green's contract is non-guaranteed

REC:

TDs:

vCash
    didn't they have to get under the cap in order to use the full TPE they got from Brooklyn or they had to wait to use it? if so there is probably something more in the works.

vCash

Salary dump
    El Presidente

vCash
    Good riddance.

LOL at the people that thought he was a good pick.

vCash
    does anyone have the answer to my previous question? did we have to get under cap to use full TPE from Brooklyn now?

vCash
    What's the point? Doesn't Green improve the roster but I thought the Celtics were tanking?

she says go for the championship

vCash
    The Melo era ends... so be it... more moves please DA.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash

Im surprised we got anything for fab melo... Bust written all over him.

As for donte green... I remember him as being athletic, able to hit the occasional 3 ball an his defense was average. Cant say i expect much but i rather have green than melo ANY DAY...

As many have stated... Hope something else is in the works... And as far as tanking goes, the celtics wont come out the gates tanking. Stevens will coach to win right away. C's players will play with fire early to proves the doubters and media wrong. If we actually start out with a good record ... Awesome.. If we struggle, the team falters, injuries pile up, and were already done before even all star break.. I can see tank mode and trading away players go down

Cant wait for basketball season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    What's the point? Doesn't Green improve the roster but I thought the Celtics were tanking?
    Gets us under the luxury tax to have flexibility, and Green is non-guaranteed so he can be cut... he might be better than Melo, but he won't be with us long anyway I expect

vCash
    Maybe we would have had to get under the cap regardless or maybe we would have picked another bust, but everyone knew that was a bad pick and a year later when we are looking for potential players in a rebuild type mode it seems much worse now. Jury is still out on Perry Jones, but I was really hoping we would invest in his or Jeff Taylor (who just had a monster summer league) talents... Oh well, only looking forward now...

vCash
    Green's been in the league for 4 years. He was raw coming out and struggled as a rookie. Then in year 2 he really showed some potential to be a solid player. He's regressed terribly over the last 2 seasons though. He doesn't save a lot of money compared to Fab and he doesn't fill a position (combo forward) we needed bodies at so I expect this trade is more about his contract being non-guaranteed. This opens up a roster spot for a FA signing, trade acquisition or training camp invitee.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    nice salary dump although I would have rather traded one of brooks/crawford

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungOne View Post
    nice salary dump although I would have rather traded one of brooks/crawford
    Brooks has possibilities. Crawford blows and we'll likely end up eating his contract unless he's part of some big deal. Talk about a pile of turds. His former GM went out of his way to kick Crawford in the butt on the way out of town. Guy has to be pretty foul to get that treatment. Then he came here and - sucked.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast